Jacob M.

It seems the older I get the more I appreciate this sub genre. Insanely catchy lyrics and wonderful vocal harmonies. When I listen I imagine all the best life has to offer. I love Big Bang Babies and Tryx. Talks Cheap is not quite on the same level. Town Klown are good as well. Shame all they have is a 5 song demo. L.O.U.D. would likely fall into this genre as well.

What are some of the other bands in the genre and how can I get their releases?

Ironically Talks Cheap and Queeny Blast Pop share lineage...

and agreed there are many and IF they have cd's...

Sleezeroxx has an impressive downloads area with a ton of unknown glam stuff available.

I like Krayola Kids, Dikk Trikkle, The Zeros, Rev'lon Red, Cherry Bang, Ruby Slippers, Penny Lane, Strawberry, Sassycat, Glamour Punks, Juicy Miss Lucy, Ana Black, Guttersluts,Swingin Things...oh and the Fizzy Bangers are a fave of mine too!

That Demondoll site releases a bunch of this stuff but a good portion of it is cdr's...

Best bet especially obscure and demo stuff is downloads i recon.

Guest AuntieMaggie

Wasn't Cherry Bang called Bubblegum Mafia before? I like 'em a lot.

Big Bang Babies always were so sweet to me, especialy with "Love Drug", it sounds like candies :D

Try Pepsi Pop also

I had some demos from bands like Queeny Blast Pop, Krayola Kids, and Revlon Red on cassette. If possible I would like to get them on cd. Not sure how many have heard Play Rough before. They veer into candy glam territory on a few of their tracks.

• 1 year later...

Anyone else buy Darling Died Suicide? I have that in my collection. It's not really that great. Considering the time it came out it's amazing it even exists. I bought the Queeny Blast Pop. I love the first 6 tracks. After that it's highly disappointing. They dropped the bubblegum sound in favor of Green Day.

I would like to get more from this genre. Not sure if anything else is available and affordable.

Missed this thread. I own a lot of the stuff mentioned here, but to be honest, very little of it really works well for me. The second Hollywood Teazse album has some great stuff on it, love Big Bang Babies but I only really like one or two songs from most the others. Penny Lane have a couple of really cool tunes, but also a lot that go in one ear and out the other.

And seriously, Dikk Trikkle is the best band name ever. I've not actually heard this one - are they actually any good?

Missed this thread. I own a lot of the stuff mentioned here, but to be honest, very little of it really works well for me. The second Hollywood Teazse album has some great stuff on it, love Big Bang Babies but I only really like one or two songs from most the others. Penny Lane have a couple of really cool tunes, but also a lot that go in one ear and out the other.

And seriously, Dikk Trikkle is the best band name ever. I've not actually heard this one - are they actually any good?

I like the Dikk Trikkle release.. actually listen to it 4 or 5 times a year.

Play Rough is awesome.....was friends with Rawleigh (lead singer) for many years back in the 90's. Have both of their demos transferred professionally to CD. Love them!!

Erotic Suicide is a good one too.....they veer a little towards sleazier hard rock...but would put them in with some of the other bands you mentioned.

Fashion Police is another one I'd recommend.

Lipstick is an extremely rare but great one too.

Another one, Jacob would be Wicked Kin........