Superman Vs Batman

metaltrekman

Its been over 40 years since I read comic books. I alwasy thought Superman & Batman were friends and on the same team. Why are they making a movie about them fighting each other?

You would think it would be over quick, since Superman has Superpowers and Batman may be strong, but he is mortal.

Batman and Superman have been 'frenemies' for some time ... ever since Batman was 're-invented' as the Dark Knight. I don't think Superman likes the 'darker' side of his crime-fighting buddy ...

Not that this is a valid excuse for making a film based on the flimsiest of story ideas (but, hey, since when has THAT stopped anyone?)

After seeing "Man of Steel" recently (another "dark & gritty" version of a beloved hero) and not digging it much, I don't have high hopes for the "team up" movie either.

Right now Marvel is kicking DC's ass with movie adaptations of their properties. At least the films in the so called "Marvel Cinematic Universe" look like they're being made by people who may have actually read the comic books from time to time.

It bugs me that the DC films have become so unrelentingly grim. Yeah, it makes sense for Batman, but I really hope that the current Superman comics don't portray him the same as he was in "Man of Steel." Superman works best when they play him as a slightly square, Red White and Blue Boy Scout. The first Superman film w/Reeve captured that perfectly. Bryan Singer tried to build a bridge between that era and the new "grim & gritty" mindset in "Superman Returns," and when that didn't work I guess they must have said "F*ck it, let's go full on Dark Knight with him too, the kids LOVE that hyper violent Christopher Nolan sh*t!"

• My Little Pony

DC is scrambling to catch up to Marvel. Marvel put in work to set the foundations for their characters, and are now set for these kinds of collaborations. DC is hoping they can jump straight into it. Also, Marvel took a risk with Guardians of the Galaxy, which paid off better than anyone could have imagined, so expect them to do more films of lesser-known characters.

After seeing "Man of Steel" recently (another "dark & gritty" version of a beloved hero) and not digging it much, I don't have high hopes for the "team up" movie either.

Right now Marvel is kicking DC's ass with movie adaptations of their properties. At least the films in the so called "Marvel Cinematic Universe" look like they're being made by people who may have actually read the comic books from time to time.

It bugs me that the DC films have become so unrelentingly grim. Yeah, it makes sense for Batman, but I really hope that the current Superman comics don't portray him the same as he was in "Man of Steel." Superman works best when they play him as a slightly square, Red White and Blue Boy Scout. The first Superman film w/Reeve captured that perfectly. Bryan Singer tried to build a bridge between that era and the new "grim & gritty" mindset in "Superman Returns," and when that didn't work I guess they must have said "F*ck it, let's go full on Dark Knight with him too, the kids LOVE that hyper violent Christopher Nolan sh*t!"

Its unfortunate that this type of film is what the "general public" wants. Long gone are the days of artful, factual good films now are the days of the formulaic drivel for big $$$$ mindset or lack thereof of minds that is.

• My Little Pony

Its unfortunate that this type of film is what the "general public" wants. Long gone are the days of artful, factual good films now are the days of the formulaic drivel for big $$$$ mindset or lack thereof of minds that is.

That's why you gotta get into the indie scene, and foreign. It's pretty much just Hollywood pumping out this shit.

That's why you gotta get into the indie scene, and foreign. It's pretty much just Hollywood pumping out this shit.

I still haven't forgiven Helloweird for what they did to John Constantine/Hellblazer ...