Blessed By A Broken Heart

Captain Howdy

Had never heard of these guys til tonight, so of course they have already split up by the time I find out about them.

Apparently their first album was a deathcore album, then by album two they switched to this amalgamation of metal/glam/aor/pomp/modern/whatever.

I have now ordered albums 2 and 3 based on these videos, but think I will skip album 1.

I did a search for the band on here, and only came up with a few small "listening to" type posts from the likes of Stefan, but I think a few people here will like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztb6BfAk8E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxIxqbpw1fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0iOTJXIxao

Yeah, how'd you miss them, Howdy? Now I know for sure you don't read my posts, lol. It was my favourite album of 2012 too.

And yeah, Karpetface, they broke up a while back. They recruited the lead singer from British band The Morning After, recorded one song with the dude but then broke up. I saw the guitarist had already started up a new solo guitarist project. There was a video on youtube which was pretty cool if you dig instrumentals.

A real shame about these guys. But it's basically the blueprint for any great modern rock band. Create a killer disc, then that's it. Lights out. Very depressing...

• My Little Pony

Yeah, how'd you miss them, Howdy? Now I know for sure you don't read my posts, lol. It was my favourite album of 2012 too.

And yeah, Karpetface, they broke up a while back. They recruited the lead singer from British band The Morning After, recorded one song with the dude but then broke up. I saw the guitarist had already started up a new solo guitarist project. There was a video on youtube which was pretty cool if you dig instrumentals.

A real shame about these guys. But it's basically the blueprint for any great modern rock band. Create a killer disc, then that's it. Lights out. Very depressing...

Shit. That's some depressing news to start my day.

Well Feel the power came today (Pedal to the metal is on the way) and I am currently blasting it out, loving it. Even the growly vocals on a couple of tracks are not off putting.

Annoying that I only just get into them after they have split.

By all accounts though I am not even gonna bother with the debut as its apparently straight up deathcore metal.

Shit. That's some depressing news to start my day.

Here's the solo stuff from Shred" Sean Maier (BBABH guitarist) I was talking about (stupidly tacky, but really pretty cool). The project is/was called Shred Starz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpEvqaAr9EM

Their last lead singer before their demise is also actually the frontman of Close Your Eyes, which I did not know. I actually rated their album 'Line In The Sand' quite well last year. Despite a really, really heavy British accent, which was also the issue with The Morning After. Not sure how that would have gone with BBABH anyway. Ah, so sad. :(

Well Feel the power came today (Pedal to the metal is on the way) and I am currently blasting it out, loving it. Even the growly vocals on a couple of tracks are not off putting.

Annoying that I only just get into them after they have split.

By all accounts though I am not even gonna bother with the debut as its apparently straight up deathcore metal.

Definitely do not bother. Not even listenable.

And nobody brought up they were Christians! only album I cared for was whichever one had the lead off track the chorus lyrics said, "Mama sold her soul to the devil" and didst even care for all of that one, that debut fucking sucked in so many different ways, I couldn't believe my ears, I was so totally mind blown, I deleted the entire thing, FUCK THAT release.

Isn't every band christian these days? Just as long as they don't sing about it, though, that's cool with me. Or talk about it. Or even mention it...