CrashDiet - The Demo Sessions

AlphaMale

CRASHDIET+-+The+Demo+Sessions+2013+websi

Swedish sleaze standard-bearers CRASHDIET released the fourth full length studio album earlier this year, but in the middle of the biggest tour of their career, manager and financier Michael John Sunden died in a freak accident. Crashdiet then started the 'Save the Tour' campaign destined to raise funds and help finish the tour. Different kind of items were offered such as T-shirts, backstage passes, etc. The result was more than satisfactory, triplicating the initial goal. Amongst the exclusive merchandising there was "The Demo Sessions", a collection of 10 previously unreleased songs in a demo form.

Now Crashdiet has decided to make "The Demo Sessions" available for purchase at their website only. This is a collection of demos recorded throughout the years singer Simon Cruz has been in the band that never made it into any official album - except "Change The World", presented here in its early version.

CRASHDIET+-+The+Demo+Sessions+website+ex

The sound quality is really good, and as you can expect the overall delivery is raw & in your face, something that some fans of the band have been missing lately. To be honest, many of the songs included in "The Demo Sessions" are much better than the ones from the last CD. "Cornerstone Trippin´", "Black Rose", "Erase Me" and the Kiss-like Asylum-era "Innocence" are very good crunchy rockers, "She's No Angel" recalls the hair metal days of Warrant, while there's a really nice ballad in "Women Come, Women Go".

"The Demo Sessions" is available for purchase at Crashdiet's website only, and soon will become a collectors item.

01 - Black Rose
02 - Cornerstone Trippin'
03 - Erase Me
04 - She's No Angel
05 - Innocence
06 - Change The World
07 - Miss Alright
08 - Psychopath
09 - Women Come, Women Go
10 - Unforgettable

Simon Cruz - vocals, guitar
Martin Sweet - guitar, backing vocals
Peter London - bass, backing vocals
Eric Young - drums, backing vocals

CRASHDIET+-+The+Demo+Sessions+2013+websi

The one on the website won't be a collectors item...it's for download only. Bummer...

I don't have any problem with it being a download--I mostly buy downloads now anyway, as they're more convenient for my particular lifestyle--but I refuse to pay $28 for a download. That's just being greedy ... and while some of those songs are pretty good, they're not so good that I'm willing to spend $28 for them. Guess they'd rather sell a limited number of downloads for $28 than sell a lot of downloads for $9.99 or less. Their songs, their perogative ... but I'll get by without the songs, thanks anyway.

The one on the website won't be a collectors item...it's for download only. Bummer...

I don't have any problem with it being a download--I mostly buy downloads now anyway, as they're more convenient for my particular lifestyle--but I refuse to pay $28 for a download. That's just being greedy ... and while some of those songs are pretty good, they're not so good that I'm willing to spend $28 for them. Guess they'd rather sell a limited number of downloads for $28 than sell a lot of downloads for $9.99 or less. Their songs, their perogative ... but I'll get by without the songs, thanks anyway.
I'm not pay $28 for the cd let alone downloads. Jesus.....Just wait five minutes and it will be all over the internet.

I'm not pay $28 for the cd let alone downloads. Jesus.....Just wait five minutes and it will be all over the internet.

It already is. I have it. PM me if you guys want it.

It already is. I have it. PM me if you guys want it.

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Heard this today. I have to say, when I saw this I went wild and erections broke things in the room next to me. And that alone was pretty cool, to know that Crashdiet still have that effect on me, despite the disappointing 'Savage Playground' disc.

Anyway, gotta be honest as say this is basically as it says - a collection of demos that well, sound like demos. I can hear the potential in a few of the songs like 'Innocence' and 'Women come, women go.' I actually thought those were two very good songs and could picture them with a 'Generation Wild' style production, being very good songs. And to a degree, 'Unforgettable' is pretty good too.

As for the rest. Yeah... not that great in all honesty. All sound very demo-ey and unfinished, as the title clearly suggests, but demos or not, they're just not really that good as songs. Sound quality is about on par with 'Savage Playground' and it's a cool release for the fans, but nothing really great on here...

Why the fuck put all those out and not these -

Hot All Through The Night

You Gimme What I need

Our Moment

Away From You

Wrecking Machine

Happy Happy Me

Within The Sleaze

Those Eyes

Out Of The Cold

Tomorrow

They are all killer and yet to see the light of day..................

You Gimme What I need

Our Moment

Away From You

Wrecking Machine

Happy Happy Me

Within The Sleaze

Those Eyes

Out Of The Cold

Tomorrow

I know a couple of them, but not most of them. How does a young punter get his ears on those ones?

You Gimme What I need

Our Moment

Away From You

Wrecking Machine

Happy Happy Me

Within The Sleaze

Those Eyes

Out Of The Cold

Tomorrow

I know a couple of them, but not most of them. How does a young punter get his ears on those ones?

You tube is the only way (i know of) :-(

Can't believe they are charging so much for demos..... and bad demos at that. *SMH*

My thoughts:

Black Rose 8/10 - pretty cool tune
Cornerstone Trippin' 6/10 - don't like this at all
Erase Me 6.5/10 not very good but better than track 2
She's No Angel 6/10 beginning reminds me of domino effect from gotthard; another clunker
Innocence 7.5/10 one of the better tracks
Change The World 7/10 Sounds pretty much the same as finished version
Miss Alright 6.5/10 blah
Psychopath 5.5/10 double blah
Women Come, Women Go 7.5/10 with some work, could be great
Unforgettable 7.5/10 another with potential

You Gimme What I need

Our Moment

Away From You

Wrecking Machine

Happy Happy Me

Within The Sleaze

Those Eyes

Out Of The Cold

Tomorrow

Nobody has these:

Crashdiet+-+The+Demos.jpgCrashdiet+-+The+Demos+Vol.+1+&+2+%5Bback

She's No Angel 6/10 beginning reminds me of domino effect from gotthard; another clunker

This was the weakest song on the CD for me. Soooo amazingly average and thoughtless. One of Crashdiet's weakest songs, imo.

You Gimme What I need

Our Moment

Away From You

Wrecking Machine

Happy Happy Me

Within The Sleaze

Those Eyes

Out Of The Cold

Tomorrow

Nobody has these:

I saw this on Ebay the other day. It's just someone self making a bunch of demos floating around on the internet. Sound quality of most is bad!

You Gimme What I need

Our Moment

Away From You

Wrecking Machine

Happy Happy Me

Within The Sleaze

Those Eyes

Out Of The Cold

Tomorrow

Nobody has these:

I saw this on Ebay the other day. It's just someone self making a bunch of demos floating around on the internet. Sound quality of most is bad!

There is also Vol.3 and 4 floating around as well.

Finally had a chance to just skim over these and wow, it's a shame they didn't release these on cd. What a nice collection of tracks and they sound good to me. I'm going to give them the truck sound system experience and dig further :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mk3ultimate
Hello forum I recently recorded
I am a fan of the band, I'm from Argentina and wanted to ask if you would have any link any dvd Shattered Glass And Broken Bones

ps: sorry for the inconvenience and hope someone answer me