Gorky Park - Moscow Calling (question for the cd owners)

Jeff

Hey gang, I have a guy that wants to sell me this disc, totally trust him, we've done biz plenty before. He is being honest and says he is unsure about the artwork though. He sent me pics and the booklet is not really a booklet, just a single page insert with the cover printed on the front and NOTHING printed on the inside.

Can those of you who own this one let me know if the that is normal for this cd or if it should have a normal booklet with band info, etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Perfect, thanks for all the replies gang, and the picture AM!

Looks like from the pics he sent he has the pressing that Dan has, BMG Ariola, but the front is not a booklet just a printed copy, so yeah, I will avoid.

I believe I am in the minority for liking this CD a lot, in some ways, better than the debut. All Roads, Tomorrow are a couple of killer tracks, Moscow Calling, Politics of Love, Stranger and I'm Going Down are really solid IMO. The rest are sorta filler but overall, really good stuff.

• My Little Pony

I believe I am in the minority for liking this CD a lot, in some ways, better than the debut. All Roads, Tomorrow are a couple of killer tracks, Moscow Calling, Politics of Love, Stranger and I'm Going Down are really solid IMO. The rest are sorta filler but overall, really good stuff.

Really? I thought it was the other way round. I prefer the debut, but I thought most loved this one. Both are great albums, but the first takes top because it was one of my introductory Hard Rock albums.

It's a record company promo most likely.

From that era? I disagree... unless the catalog number on the spine has a promotional designation that differs from the released version and there's either a promo stamp or designation on the disc and/or the tray card.

As you are intimately aware, back then the record labels did separate press runs for their promos and a label that size had them professionally done. This has all the earmarks of a Russian/Greek bootleg. I personally wouldn't touch it.

EDIT: Looking at the current and completed eBay listings, with several sellers having quantity of supposedly "brand new" copies of this, I'm guessing there's a boot floating around.

EDIT: Looking at the current and completed eBay listings, with several sellers having quantity of supposedly "brand new" copies of this, I'm guessing there's a boot floating around.

I agree, there is (or was) a US seller recently that had 5 "Brand New" copies for sale. I sent them a question to inquire how they came about 5 new copies and if they could send a few pictures. No response.

Really? I thought it was the other way round. I prefer the debut, but I thought most loved this one. Both are great albums, but the first takes top because it was one of my introductory Hard Rock albums.

I could be wrong. Maybe the people that don't like this CD have been a bit more vocal than those that do.

I think there are several versions of this out there. I bought the Russian version a few years back and it has a completely different cover and name (just called 2).

As for promo's. I remember in my early days of CD buying picking up some Gorky Park and Dan Reed Network singles, and they came with no artwork at all.

I still (passively) collect CD singles from that era, and the difference was that CD singles, promo full versions, etc., from that era, even if they did not have any artwork (which was common), had both the disc and the tray card CLEARLY numbered differently from the commercial release of the album.

Most of the time, the catalog number would begin with a different prefix, e.g., DPRO-#####.

If this were a legit promo from that period there would be no mistaking it as such.

From that era? I disagree... unless the catalog number on the spine has a promotional designation that differs from the released version and there's either a promo stamp or designation on the disc and/or the tray card.

As you are intimately aware, back then the record labels did separate press runs for their promos and a label that size had them professionally done. This has all the earmarks of a Russian/Greek bootleg. I personally wouldn't touch it.

They were on PolyGram if I remember correctly. I have several PolyGram promos from the early 90's that were exactly like that. But, yes, all of the UPC's have a "Promotional Copy" stamp over top of them and the discs have the same thing.