5. Feel Her Again 4:38
6. Some Kind of Wonderful 3:45
7. Siren 4:58
8. When It Comes to Love 4:38
9. Crossfire 6:46
10. Waiting for the Day 4:07
11. The Foolish One 4:08
12. Don't Know Why 4:50

This guy never failed to deliver a great album and 'Siren' is not only flawless in production and musicianship department, it also excels in many songs such as 'Feel Her Again' - a fantastic effort and perhaps the best track here, 'Scar of Love' - beautiful uptempo melodic rockers, 'Arcadia' - splendid mid-tempo AOR, 'Crossfire' - what a killer riffs there!, and 'Don't Know Why' is an awesome closer.

There are patchy moments in the middle. 'Siren' is quite decent and 'When It Comes To Love' probably not as great as other tunes like 'Had Enough' or 'Another Bitch of A Night', and 'Waiting For The Day' sadly is the worst track. As I said, Newman always take care of the sound so I had to give a 10/10 for the sound, high level musicianship is rewarded with a solid 9/10 and replay value should fall around 8 or 8.5. I rated this one slightly higher than his two previous efforts, making this as great as 'Sign of The Modern Times' or 'Heaven Knows'. Recommended for fans of high quality MHR :)

84%

As with all of his albums, very very solid throughout. Nice production too.

Production is killer indeed. Newman should be given the responsibility to handle most of the production, especially James Christian and HoL products :D

As with all of his albums, very very solid throughout. Nice production too.

Production is killer indeed. Newman should be given the responsibility to handle most of the production, especially James Christian and HoL products :D

Which all goes to prove the point that there is absolutely NO excuse for shitty sounding albums, even when they are recorded on a smaller budget.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, 100% agree about the production. This chap should be doing everyone in the genre's production jobs. As for the music it's a Newman disc and you know what you'll get, which is good quality stuff. I think this album is actually his best in a while and I thought all the songs were pretty damn good. Faves are 'Arcadia,' 'Another bitch of a night' and one of his best songs in an age, 'Feel her again.'

The other thing about young Steve is that this stuff gets slated as AOR, I assume, in certain circles. But there is a proper display of bollocks on this disc. Some real tight, edgy hard rock riffage on display...

• 2 months later...

For some reason, I've never liked Newman. Just don't like the songs. I listened to 'Had Enough' and thought, 'here we go again; not my bag at all' ... so this was a pleasant surprise. The first Newman song I have really enjoyed. Nice.

• 1 month later...