NFL 2013

66 mustang

not a lot to talk about yet. Draft it still a bit away. free agency is coming up tough.

My first comments are:

1. If Wes Welker does not stay a Patriot he should be on the phone with Denver and P Manning. What could the Broncos do with Welker in the slot and those 2 big WR's on the outside????

2. My Steelers need to get a little younger in the D side of the ball as wall as get another o-lineman, a RB and a WR to replace Mike Wallace.

3. The Cowboys would be crazy to not go after Ahamad Bradshaw. They need a running game to take some of the pressure off of Romo if they want to contend for anything. when helthy Bradshaw is a very talented back and would compiment the other back in Dallas and they can cut ties with F Jones.

4. Who is going to give the most to get Revis and let him bring Revis Island to another city?

They both surprise me a little.

Not many teams give up first round picks anymore, especially with all the receiver talent out there this year....or was. I think the vikings got a bit extra out of it.

Then only a 6th round pick for Bolden? Wow, seems that was a steal for San Fran. I woulda thought 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.

I read a tweet by someone yesterday saying "this season the Vikings will expect Adrian Peterson to rush for 3000 yards all while having no receivers on the field". :lol:

They both surprise me a little.

Not many teams give up first round picks anymore, especially with all the receiver talent out there this year....or was. I think the vikings got a bit extra out of it.

Then only a 6th round pick for Bolden? Wow, seems that was a steal for San Fran. I woulda thought 4th, maybe 3rd rounder.

to get Harvin I'd give up a 1st and 7th this year. remember that the 1st rd given up is like the 30 pick so it is almost like a 2nd round pick. If it was a high 1st round maybe not give the 7th or the mid round next year but Harvin was being talked about last year as the offensive player of the year before he got hurt

not a done deal but looks like Wes Welker will be catching passes from Peyton Manning next year. Broncos will be more potent with the 2 big guys on the outside and Welker in the middle (if he and Manning get on the same page)

I am shocked by this but happy as hell about it.

I guess there will be a 3 receiver Offense.

People are bitchin' in Baltimore.. But as a Ravens season ticket holder I have no problem with the players that the Ravens are losing. Many football fans may never get to see their team win a Super Bowl... As a Raven's fan I've seen my team win two since coming to Baltimore in 1996. That's 2 in 16 years.. that is something many other cities would love to be able to say. As far as Flacco's salary, good for him.. he earned it.. besides winning the Super Bowkl he has the higest winning percentage of all QBs since he entered the league. Also has more playoff wins tan any other. Flacco has never missed a start.

Baltimore has been in this situation before... after winning the Super Bowl in 2001 they lost 8 starters the following year. Two years later they were back in the playoffs. I'd be willing to bet that most fans would be willing to miss the playoffs for a year or two to have a Lombardi Trophy on display in thier stadium.. I know I have no problem with it.

49ers fans better hope they win a Super Bowl in the next year or two because they will be going through the same thing the Ravens are now. At least Baltimore have a Super Bowl win to show for it. The reason why Baltimore and New England have great teams year affter year is because they have the best front offices.. nobody left Baltimore's front office.

My next years prediction for the Ravens is 9-7 and a wild card birth. Having the toughest schedule in the league after winning the Super Bowl will be a contributing factor to that. I'd say there are 8 to 10 teams that could win the Super Bowl next year... but I can name reasons why each of those 10 could also lose. I actually believe it may be the Texans year to win it.

Oh god what a cluster f#@k the Elvis Dummervill contract deal was yesterday in Denver. Why would his agent send a fax in 2013? And why wouldn't they call and make sure it went through in time? What a horrible loss for the Broncos D....

Oh god what a cluster f#@k the Elvis Dummervill contract deal was yesterday in Denver. Why would his agent send a fax in 2013? And why wouldn't they call and make sure it went through in time? What a horrible loss for the Broncos D....

Yeah... That is just stupid. I wonder if Dummervill could sue that agent for the difference in his salary if he settles for less elsewhere. Anyone know..?

Yeah... That is just stupid. I wonder if Dummervill could sue that agent for the difference in his salary if he settles for less elsewhere. Anyone know..?

I sure hope for his sake he does but i imagine either way he will be firing his agent. The Broncos want him back but now from what i understand can only pay him 5 million per year.

Id like to see him go be a Stealer!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mean Steeler?

I'm pretty sure he meant stealer, like a theaf. Or is it thief? Anyway, you were right, he fired his agent later in the day.

Do you mean Steeler?

I'm pretty sure he meant stealer, like a theaf. Or is it thief? Anyway, you were right, he fired his agent later in the day.

um, yeah. bad me. anyway, we can't keep what we have so I expect no Steeler help in the free agent area. looks like we are goning to lose another WR, Sanders signed with the Pats and I doubt we have the money to match. we were 14 million over cap to start this this 2013 year out. I hope we get one of the WR's from Tennessee or WVa

Do you mean Steeler?

But he fired him by phone not fax.........

Do you mean Steeler?

But he fired him by phone not fax.........

Not fax...facts.

not a lot to talk about yet. Draft it still a bit away. free agency is coming up tough.

My first comments are:

1. If Wes Welker does not stay a Patriot he should be on the phone with Denver and P Manning. What could the Broncos do with Welker in the slot and those 2 big WR's on the outside????

2. My Steelers need to get a little younger in the D side of the ball as wall as get another o-lineman, a RB and a WR to replace Mike Wallace.

3. The Cowboys would be crazy to not go after Ahamad Bradshaw. They need a running game to take some of the pressure off of Romo if they want to contend for anything. when helthy Bradshaw is a very talented back and would compiment the other back in Dallas and they can cut ties with F Jones.

4. Who is going to give the most to get Revis and let him bring Revis Island to another city?

In regards to the Cowboys. I think OL & DL will be their priorities. I would not mind Bradshaw, but he has same problem as their current running backs have and that is durability. The Cowboys backs are talented, just always injured or banged up. They also need a ball-hawking safety. Need to creat more turnovers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vikes killed it in first round. I love the WR from UT. as a Vols fan he was something else to watch. you got a bigger P Harvin in my opinion. the guy is raw for sure but the potential is huge

I'm pretty happy with the LB the Steelers took. should fit in with what they do just fine