"Tatesryche" Signs Record Deal...

Fat Freddy

"Queensryche" aka "Geoff Tate and Friends" has signed a new record deal...with Cleopatra Records, which is kinda like joining the French Foreign Legion - it may make you feel important, but nobody will care. :D

QUEENSRYCHE — featuring original lead singer GEOFF TATE at the helm — have just signed a worldwide record deal with Los Angeles-based independent record label, Cleopatra Records.

Although a line-up was originally announced in the fall of 2012, things have changed.

The band will now feature TATE along with bassist RUDY SARZO (Ozzy/Dio/Whitesnake/Quiet Riot), guitarist KELLY GRAY (Queensryche 1998 – 2001), keyboardist RANDY GANE (Myth), drummer BOBBY BLOTZER and stellar new additions, guitarist ROBERT SARZO (Quiet Riot/Hurricane) and drummer SIMON WRIGHT (AC/DC /Dio/Rhino Bucket). WRIGHT will be in the studio and on the road with the band, while BLOTZER will be primarily utilized in the studio.

QUEENSRYCHE, with all members cited above, will soon be entering the studio for the first Cleopatra effort due out later this year.

The recording will mark the band’s thirteenth studio album and its first with this particular line-up.

Legendary guitar slinger K.K. Downing of Judas Priest fame will be making a special guest appearance on the forthcoming CD.

“I try to surround myself with the best players available and feel our longtime fans deserve nothing less,” states GEOFF TATE. “I expect the forthcoming effort to be one of our best yet.”

http://cleorecs.com/home/queensryche-signs-with-cleopatra-records/

Which diection will Tate's Queensryche head.

My guess is the sucky direction. Curious to hear what he comes up with, but I have a feeling the "other" 'Ryche will blow Tate's version out of the water.

Which diection will Tate's Queensryche head.

My guess is the sucky direction. Curious to hear what he comes up with, but I have a feeling the "other" 'Ryche will blow Tate's version out of the water.

I agree. I just hope they don't try to add too much "modern" elements to the music.

So he can call his group Queensryche as well. Who owns the name you can wonder.

Both sides are gonna fight it out in Washington State court later this year over who gets to keep the Queensryche name... but for now a judge has said that until that decision is made, there is no legal barrier keeping Tate from using it as well as the "original" band.

So in other words, both sides are now in a race to be the first to get product out under the "Queensryche" name (and I think the LaTorre lineup is farther along in the recording process, so they're in the lead...) before the decision becomes final one way or the other.

• My Little Pony

Just watch this version blow the other out of the water. I highly doubt it, but I'd laugh if Mr Taint dropped a monster album this year.

When was Robert Sarzo ever in Quiet Riot?

I was wondering the same thing. Unless it was one of the post-fame, touring-in-bowling-alleys lineups I'm pretty sure he was never a member of Quiet Riot. Blame the yutz at Cleopatra Records who drafted this press release, I guess.

Totally unrelated note, I love this part:

BLOTZER will be primarily utilized in the studio

Translation: "He can't play this shit live" :D

• My Little Pony

Yep. Made me laugh, too, Keef!

I was wondering the same thing. Unless it was one of the post-fame, touring-in-bowling-alleys lineups I'm pretty sure he was never a member of Quiet Riot. Blame the yutz at Cleopatra Records who drafted this press release, I guess.

And when was "Robert Sarzo" ever any good? I know many people LOVE Hurricane, but that band truly did suck.

And I know Blotzer is a sorry drummer, but I don;t think Wright can "Rock"enfield out either...

Just saying.

I did not see the other Ryche when they played in Seattle over the summer, but consensus is they were AMAZING!

• My Little Pony

And when was "Robert Sarzo" ever any good? I know many people LOVE Hurricane, but that band truly did suck.

And I know Blotzer is a sorry drummer, but I don;t think Wright can "Rock"enfield out either...

Just saying.

I did not see the other Ryche when they played in Seattle over the summer, but consensus is they were AMAZING!

I can't wait to see them in March.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saying.

Hurricane was so far from sucking its not even funny. Top 15 band for me with the first three being essential,

So who the f*ck is in Geoff Tate's Queensryche this week? Last I heard via Blabbermouth, the bulk of the drums and guitars on his record were recorded by hired guns... Paul Bostaph (Slayer, Exodus, Testament) and Craig Locicero (Forbidden)....plus there are guest guitar solos by Brad Gillis (Night Ranger), Ty Tabor (King's X) and K.K. Downing.

Once the record comes out and his "Queensryche" goes on the road, I wonder how many of the "band" members on stage will have actually played on the album? :blink:

Not that it matters, he'll probably just play a bunch of "Mindcrime" and "Empire" stuff anyway. :whistle:

So who the f*ck is in Geoff Tate's Queensryche this week? Last I heard via Blabbermouth, the bulk of the drums and guitars on his record were recorded by hired guns... Paul Bostaph (Slayer, Exodus, Testament) and Craig Locicero (Forbidden)....plus there are guest guitar solos by Brad Gillis (Night Ranger), Ty Tabor (King's X) and K.K. Downing.

Once the record comes out and his "Queensryche" goes on the road, I wonder how many of the "band" members on stage will have actually played on the album? :blink:

Not that it matters, he'll probably just play a bunch of "Mindcrime" and "Empire" stuff anyway. :whistle:

I saw that about Bostaph and how heavy this album will be. Sounds like he's trying to be more metal to bring some old Ryche fans in to compete with other guys.

Sounds like he's trying to be more metal to bring some old Ryche fans in to compete with other guys.

...which means he's completely full of shit. All of a sudden Mr. "I was never a metalhead, Queensryche isn't a metal band" feels like he has to manufacture a "heavy" record....which he's obviously doing just to spite his old band mates. F*ck him and his Ming the Merciless goatee.

Team LaTorre up in here, yo. Tate = :2up:

I know many people LOVE Hurricane, but that band truly did suck.

^^^^ Wow! Someone ELSE who feels the way I do about Hurricane? May not be a terribly popular opinion round these parts, but the man speaks the troof.