Bullet For My Valentine - Temper Temper

Geoff

New album due February 2013. Yum! Here's the first taste here, with the title track:

Sounds pretty awesome to me. The best thing? No screams. Sure the vocals are not the strongest ever, but it's a very cool tune.

And here's the first single, 'Riot,' again with no screaming. I admit the song isn't amazing, but not bad:

WOF1-54982_250x250.jpg

Track list:

“Breaking Point”

“Truth Hurts”

“Temper Temper”

“P.O.W.”

“Dirty Little Secret”

“Leech”

“Dead to the World”

“Riot”

“Saints & Sinners”

“Tears Don’t Fall (Part 2)”

“Livin’ Life (On the Edge of a Knife)”

• 3 weeks later...

One of my most-anticipated modern hard rock/metal releases of 2013. I know a lot of people slag on BFMV, but I really enjoy their heavy-but-commercial style. Both singles they've released thus far have sounded good to my ears, so I'm more than ready for the album to drop.

Me too mate, can't wait to hear it. Love everythihng the band have done so far and look forward to this too.

• 1 month later...

Temper Temper is pretty good. Riot not so much.

It's been frustrating for me with some of these modern metal bands that they tend to have a lot of songs that have a great guitar rif and either a killer chorus or killer verse but the rest of it is screaming or grunting that just makes the song barely listenable. If they left the grunts and screams out and stuck with the good stuff I would love a lot more of these modern metal bands.

Hey Jeff, there's no screaming on this one. Their previous albums there was a lot, but on the new one they've got rid of it all. Unfortunately, they have in turn released their weakest disc. Songwise. Musically it is killer, as always. And production is great too.

I wouldn't go so far as to agree with Tim because every spin puts this in a better light for me. There are some great tunes (like 'POW') but no matter how you spin it, it's definitely their weakest album so far. Which is sad, but I do still like it.

Hey Jeff, there's no screaming on this one. Their previous albums there was a lot, but on the new one they've got rid of it all. Unfortunately, they have in turn released their weakest disc. Songwise. Musically it is killer, as always. And production is great too.

I wouldn't go so far as to agree with Tim because every spin puts this in a better light for me. There are some great tunes (like 'POW') but no matter how you spin it, it's definitely their weakest album so far. Which is sad, but I do still like it.

Yeah no screaming to be heard here (sadly - might liven it up). Piss-poor songs though. They usually have one or two that redeem them but not here, it's all bad. Is a real shame they can't capture some of their live energy on their over-produced and soulless albums.

My question is this..........

why would I reach past new albums by De La Cruz, WET, Vega, Pretty Maids, Hardcore Superstar, hell even Heavens Basement to play this?

The answer is : I wouldnt

;-)

why would I reach past new albums by De La Cruz, WET, Vega, Pretty Maids, Hardcore Superstar, hell even Heavens Basement to play this?

;-)

Good point for sure.

For me, I don't get too involved with a lot of these types of bands because there is so much other stuff to check out and not enough time. BUT if I come across some of their good songs then I like to put them in the library. Then when they come on shuffle during house cleaning day I tend to like the songs a lot....they add a nice change of pace to the mix.

;-)

here here..cocking awful band.

Nah, don't apologise to me. Like I said, I'm disappointed with it too. Should have been great, but it's not. I agree that there are already a lot of better CDs out this year. Anyway, I still reckon it's okay and it does have a place in my playlist for 2013. 'POW' and 'Dead to the world' are two fine tracks. But admittedly weaker than their usual best songs.

I like 'The Poison' (much to the disgust of my esteemed friend James Eagle), but really can't get into anything they did after that ... 'Scream, Aim, Fire' was one of the most over-rated albums to hit the streets in a looooong time, if you ask me :(

I love 'The Poison' and the debut EP, but my overall favourite CD so far is probably 'Fever.' 'Bittersweet Memories' being my favourite song from them:

'Scream Aim Fire' was disappointing, but it's better than the new CD, imo. I do really love 'Hearts Burst into Fire,' 'Say goodnight' and one of my favourite guitar riffs of all time, 'Forever and Always':