Hinder - Welcome To The Freakshow

Stefan

December 4th is the release date for the new Hinder album and I don't really know which artwork is the final design. Maybe they come with different artwork depending on the edition.

61%2BSIEjgcvL._SL500_AA300_.jpgHinder_Welcome_To_The_Freakshow.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Save Me
02. Ladies Come First
03. Shoulda Known Better
04. Freakshow
05. Talk To Me
06. Get Me Away From You
07. Is It Just Me
08. I Don't Wanna Believe
09. See You In Hell
10. Anyone But You
11. Wanna Be Rich

You've all heard the new single 'Save Me':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_I2xx7ZwCE

• 2 weeks later...

I'm two spins in and it's a strange album imo. On the one hand you have way too many ballads, but on the other hand I like the overall vibe (less metallic production) better than on AAN.

I'd love to see them work with Brian Howes again though and somehow I've got a feeling that this'll be their last album on a major label...

I'm two spins in and it's a strange album imo. On the one hand you have way too many ballads, but on the other hand I like the overall vibe (less metallic production) better than on AAN.

I'd love to see them work with Brian Howes again though and somehow I've got a feeling that this'll be their last album on a major label...

Way too many ballads! 6 ballads-5 rockers?

I heard it today and there are a lot of ballads, but you'd be a jester to deny that the ballads are their better songs. Some of them are killer. Love 'Shoulda known better' and 'Talk to me' most on first spin. In saying all this, though, the rockers are all solid modern hard rock tracks... I just prefer their more melodic / balladic side personally. Good album, though, about on par with 'AAN' - time will tell which is the better of the two.

You prefer the balladic side of virtually every band you listen too lol

I definitely wouldn't say that, but in terms of this type of modern rock, there is not a doubt in the world that across the board the ballads are the stronger songs by these types of bands. That's what made 'TITTL' such a perfect album - the best tracks weren't just reserved for the ballads. And it's the sign of a truly great disc in this genre too.

I definitely wouldn't say that, but in terms of this type of modern rock, there is not a doubt in the world that across the board the ballads are the stronger songs by these types of bands. That's what made 'TITTL' such a perfect album - the best tracks weren't just reserved for the ballads. And it's the sign of a truly great disc in this genre too.

mind u there was about 5 on TITTL.....they do like their ballads lol.

Hinder ballads are generally pretty good, but I do prefer their rockier stuff.

I mean tracks like Last Kiss & Without You are good, but the real gems on TITTL are Loaded & Alone, Heaven Sent and Lost In The Sun IMO.

Agreed, in terms of 'TTTL' for sure, but I dare you to say that after hearing the new CD. :)

mind u there was about 5 on TITTL.....they do like their ballads lol.

I mean tracks like Last Kiss & Without You are good, but the real gems on TITTL are Loaded & Alone, Heaven Sent and Lost In The Sun IMO.

I agree!

It just makes you wonder, considering there are 6 ballads on this disc, why they've again released one of the few rockers as their first single instead of a ballad...

I prefer their ballads too (especially "Everybody's Wrong"). Maybe that's why I like this CD as much as I do. The best track though, is definitely "Is it Just Me".

Wow, really, mate? That was the only track on the album that I thought was pretty damn weak. Closest thing to a filler, imo. To each their own, but that's not my type of track at all...

I'll check this out as, despite the first couple of duff discs, the last one was excellent IMO.

My sexy little summary on the disc:

1. Save Me - good, solid but pretty typical modern rocker - 7.25

2. Ladies Come First - another good solid hard rocker - very standard for them - 7.25

3. Shoulda Known Better - killer ballad, killer hook - 9.50

4. Freakshow - another typical, solid hard rocker - 7.25

5. Talk to Me - real nice mid-tempo number with a great chorus - 9.00

6. Get Me Away From You - good solid ballad - not their best ever, but a real nice tune - 8.75

7. Is It Just Me - okay but pretty throw away modern pop rock - 7.00

8. I Don't Wanna Believe - by the numbers ballad… but a nice set of numbers - 8.50

9. See You in Hell - the best of the rockers at this point - good one with a great riff - 7.75

10. Anyone But You - real nice ballad - love the chorus hook - 8.50

11. Wanna Be Rich - the actual best of the rockers - very good, catchy chorus - 8.50

TOTAL SCORE - 81%

Overall it's another good disc by a band I do really like. It certainly does not reach the highs of 'TITTL,' but it is at least as good as, if not maybe a little better than 'AAN,' though they're on a very even level at this point. If you've liked Hinder before, you'll still like this one plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

No one has mentioned it, and I doubt many care about the audio quality, but I have to give the band (or label) credit for easing up on the loudness war battle. "TITTL" and "All American Nightmare" had nothing for dynamic range and were horribly distorted. This one actually sounds halfway decent.

• 2 months later...