Star Wars Episode VII - Coming in 2015 courtesy of.... Disney?!

whiplash1972

I normally avoid theatres as they are a mass of humanity, pestilence, and screaming annoying children, but I'm making an exception for this one. The night shows on the 17th are sold out locally, which is fine by me. I booked my tickets for a 12:20PM show on the 18th. Hopefully the little fucking bastards won't be off yet for Christmas break; that showing is only about 10% full thus far.

P.S. $17.25 for a fucking movie ticket? Holy shitballz!

Paying $20-30 for a Blu-Ray is an absolute bargain in comparison.

Aww, nutz, it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience... well, actually twice, as I saw the original Star Wars in the theatre in 1977.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matinee regular = $8.00

Evening regular = $10.00

Matinee 3D = $10.50

Evening 3D = $12.50

IMAX 3D = $16.00 regardless of time

Then there is a $1.25 "convenience fee" for ordering tickets in advance (a bullshit charge if there ever was one).

• My Little Pony

Oh, those are similar price points for my theatres. Only matinee showings are no longer cheaper.

And, yeah, that convenience fee is that bullshit we be talkin' 'bout. Some online ticket vendors have that if you choose to print out your tickets, or pick them up at will call, or opt for e-tickets, as opposed to paying to have them shipped. And it was $3 a ticket.

I've seen the trailers, and I've listened to my friends getting over-excited about the whole thing ... but having already had my childhood memories trampled all over by George Lucas, his un-necessary tinkering with Episodes IV, V and VI, and the travesty of Episodes I, II and III, I reckon I'll wait until this comes out on DVD ...

Nah, this one is much closer to the look and feel of the original 3 episodes. With J.J. Abrams handling directorial duties (he did the two Star Trek reboot films, which were superb), gone are all of the overly-too-fake CGI-enhanced scenes. It's all back to live action (for the most part). You can see his influences in the trailers. The cinematography is completely different from episodes 1-3.

• My Little Pony

Nah, this one is much closer to the look and feel of the original 3 episodes. With J.J. Abrams handling directorial duties (he did the two Star Trek reboot films, which were superb), gone are all of the overly-too-fake CGI-enhanced scenes. It's all back to live action (for the most part). You can see his influences in the trailers. The cinematography is completely different from episodes 1-3.

Yeah, they built a bloody full size Millennium Falcon! And X-Wings, or whatever they are. This is some next level shit.

• My Little Pony

Yeah this is gonna rule.

Ticket prices in UK are very similar - premier seats (which is a must) are prob a tenner (£).

Cheers

What are premier seats?

Yeah this is gonna rule.

Ticket prices in UK are very similar - premier seats (which is a must) are prob a tenner (£).

Cheers

What are premier seats?

I paid £9 for two advance tickets for the wife & I,which included a £2 advance booking fee,and can sit where I like(depending on what time we arrive)so they would've been £3 a pop if still available on the show day,which they wouldn't have been,still £9 aint bad :)

• My Little Pony

Yeah this is gonna rule.

Cheers

What are premier seats?

I paid £9 for two advance tickets for the wife & I,which included a £2 advance booking fee,and can sit where I like(depending on what time we arrive)so they would've been £3 a pop if still available on the show day,which they wouldn't have been,still £9 aint bad :)

Three quid? Damn. Where do you live?