Fall 2012 storm

66 mustang

We're still waiting for it here in Jersey, but from what I'm told it's gonna be a mother-fo when it finally gets here. I'm about as prepared as I'm ever gonna be. Leaves have been raked so they don't clog any gutters, sump pump has been checked, storm drains are un-blocked, anything that can become airborne in high winds has been put away. I'm just hoping the lights stay on this time. Last year our power was out for five days after Hurricane Irene and again for four days when we had the crazy snow 'n' ice storm two days before Halloween. I swear if I gotta go thru that shit again I'm gonna go batshit crazy, shave my head, and move to China or somethin'.

I live 10 hours inland from Jersey and the weather news for around here ain't pretty. As long as we don't lose power, that's pretty much what I'm praying for. All I know is that my wife who gets super anxious hasn't slept in 3 days and won't sleep until it's all over...plus the fact I'm a teacher and the kids won't have outdoor recess for 5 days and in the middle of it all is Halloween....I'm fucked!!!

Bring on the next weekend.

• My Little Pony

We're still waiting for it here in Jersey, but from what I'm told it's gonna be a mother-fo when it finally gets here. I'm about as prepared as I'm ever gonna be. Leaves have been raked so they don't clog any gutters, sump pump has been checked, storm drains are un-blocked, anything that can become airborne in high winds has been put away. I'm just hoping the lights stay on this time. Last year our power was out for five days after Hurricane Irene and again for four days when we had the crazy snow 'n' ice storm two days before Halloween. I swear if I gotta go thru that shit again I'm gonna go batshit crazy, shave my head, and move to China or somethin'.

Yeah, I remember that shit. I feel for you, and I pray you don't have to go through that, again.

I'm about 40 miles out of Atlantic City, where the storm is going hit first. We have been getting heavy rain and wind since about midnight and they say the storm is still about 250 miles off shore.....stuff on the deck is secured, I'm a little worried about the 4 skylights we have, two in my loft where my music collection is.....might move some stuff around up there

Not at the shore, so im not really worried. They say it hasn't even hit yet. It will start 5 P.M. eastern time. I will be upstairs drinking a cold one with Tarp in hand if need be.

I wish all fellow HH members stay safe as well.

Expect the worst, Hope for the Best..

Supposedly going to get some inclement weather around here, but nothing like what coasters are facing, so it may be messy, but that's it.

To all those in the path, stay safe.