Lynyrd Skynyrd - Last Of A Dyin' Breed

66 mustang

Really looking forward to this one, as with all Skynyrd albums. From the 3 tracks I've heard, it's gonna be a banging album, Bob Marlette producing too, which is an added bonus. It's Out on Monday, so i'll report back once it's in my grubby mitts.

so i picked up the special editon of the new Skynyrd album yesterday. I've been sick for almost 4 weeks now. chest congestion, coughing really bad the more I move around and now my head is all congested. so i took my stubborn self to the after hours clinic yesterday evening. Got my RX and headed back to walmart to get them filled. they told me it would be 20 minutes. I go back to my vehicle and think, "its time to open up this puppy and take a listen". I must say that I am let down with this. it has some good songs but nothing great. The weak songs are much weaker than those of the last 2 albums. I think the last couple albums have been super. This one Im just not feeling it. It seems like the band kind of just, not phoned it in but maybe werent as in the "zone" with this one. I got to the last of the album then we start with the bonus tracks and I was hoping that it would pick up but not really. almost feels like songs that didn't make the last couple albums for some reason or another. As a big skynyrd fan I was just wanting another steller album, what I got was an ok album

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a pretty good Skynyrd album over all. It isn't as good as 'Gods And Guns' 'Vicious Cycle' or 'Edge Of Forever', although all three of those were brilliant albums with hardly any filler at all, so I would pitch it somewhere in the middle of the latter day (1990 onwards) Skynyrd stuff.

• 2 months later...