Seeing Bands?

speedboi101

Anyone else here who also lives in a shitty area and u never get to see any bands?

Kind of!

I usually have to drive at least 2 hours for a good show... then 2 hours back home after the show. But, there are some pretty good shows within 2 hours each way. In the next month I have Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, the "America Rocks Tour", Scorpions and KISS. Each show is about the standard 2 hours each way.

Vitually all of my gigs are in London which is an hour each way.

Hopefully got the following coming up in next few months -

Halestorm

Crazy Lixx / Fatale Smile

Jettblack

Vega / Degreed

In 1999 I moved just far enough away from any decent concert venues that going to shows became a huge undertaking that involved way too much advance planning and became a pain in the ass. I was more or less retired from concerts by that time anyway so it isn't really a factor anymore.

I'M lucky if I get to 1 or 2 shows a year, I try to make a trip out of it. Last summer when I saw Kix in Ocean City, Md. we stayed at the shore for a few days and made a vacation out of it. I only live 20 minutes from Philly, but like Freddy said I'm also just about retired from going to concerts these days. Too much of a hassle anymore, the traffic, prices, the assholes you have to deal with. I have seen hundreds of bands during the 1980's 90's and sure I'm not missing anything I havn't seen before.

I'M lucky if I get to 1 or 2 shows a year, I try to make a trip out of it. Last summer when I saw Kix in Ocean City, Md. we stayed at the shore for a few days and made a vacation out of it. I only live 20 minutes from Philly, but like Freddy said I'm also just about retired from going to concerts these days. Too much of a hassle anymore, the traffic, prices, the assholes you have to deal with. I have seen hundreds of bands during the 1980's 90's and sure I'm not missing anything I havn't seen before.

KIX is playing Dewey Beach, DE. in a few weeks (20 mins. North of Ocean City, MD.).Are you going to that show..?

• 3 weeks later...

KIX is playing Dewey Beach, DE. in a few weeks (20 mins. North of Ocean City, MD.).Are you going to that show..?

What's the date of that show?

• My Little Pony

I live 40 mins outside of Vancouver, BC, but we hardly get any shows I'm interested in/can afford. Journey, Loverboy, and Night Ranger are coming in December. I wonder how much that will cost?

I'd go to more shows if the cost of travel wasn't so bloody ridiculous ... and if I actually had an outside chance of catching a train home after midnight ... the last time I went to a London gig, I had to leave early because none of the usual late trains were running :(