cdcellar

I've had nothing but good luck from them. If you're going to post a negative statement about a specific seller from eBay, back it up with a story. :tsk:

I've also had only succes with them. genr8tr is supporting the obviously bent Davesmetal today and immediately launching into another similar seller for no reason..... is there a hidden agenda there????

Okay, see for yourselves.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...thecdcellar.com

The dude has 136... count them, 136 NEGATIVES in the past 12 months... That's nearly 12 per month for those who cannot complete short division.

In addition, he has 456 negatives total. I can understand a few when you sell as much as he does, but 456? That's not a coincidence, it's a trend! He is the ONLY person I've ever been screwed by my entire 5+ years on ebay...

Here's a few comments in case you're too lazy to follow the link:

1) Booklet has various tears and that can hardly be considered new

2) Sent visa # 8/30/4 and am fed up trying to get you to acknowledge my e-mails

3) July 3 - PayPal payment sent - still NO CD and NO communication - now August 23!

4) It took 7 weeks and 4 emails to get my item. Not good enough.

5) AVOID THIS SELLER! Stole my money, wont return emails. BUYER BEWARE!

I could go on if you'd like, but I think you get the idea.

I wasn't questioning you, but maybe you should have included all this in your first post so people understood. :rolleyes:

I wasn't questioning you, but maybe you should have included all this in your first post so people understood.  :rolleyes:

You're right... and after reviewing the feedback from Dave at davesmetal, I may have to change my mind about him. Just becuase I haven't had problems with him doesn't mean he's a perfect seller... FEEDBACK DOESN'T LIE.

Enough with the negative. I've found all of my Japanese contacts on ebay to be genuine and trustworthy, and forcefield (Florida via Europe) is a great guy to deal with!

GREAT avatar, Bone!

This ebayer still has a 98% success rate on more than 7,000 hits. I agree a couple of the complaints seem valid (torn sleeve etc) and there is obviously an issue with the date of posting but some of the negative feedback is I think harsh and some is frankly illegible.

I have had negative feedback left in the past for quite trivial things. One in particular over postage costs that were clearly stated for worldwide postage in the description and the buyer then refused to pay and left negative feedback. Was it my fault he couldn't read? If he wasn't prepared to pay-why bid?

I have also recently been the victim of a con whereby badly water damaged CD's were sent after I paid full price and the seller basically blackmailed me into leaving positive feedback before he would refund my money. I wonder how many others he had done that too? He is a crook but his feedback is 100%

I am not sticking up for this seller per se because I do not know them-however I will read negative comments before I buy and make a judgement call based upon my findings.

SOMETIMES FEEDBACK CAN LIE or at least DISTORT THE TRUTH. If you have bben stung then I feel sorry for your loss.

• 1 month later...
Guest into80smetal

CdCellar in my opinion are crooked. I won a cd on ebay and paid via paypal. My wife paid again for the same cd. Well guess what, I never got a refund from those crooks! I sent many nice emails before I lost it and sent them some very nasty hate emails. Cdcellar will steal your money if given the chance. Come on cdCellar reply to my email! I have proof and paypal knows it too!!

FEEDBACK DOESN'T LIE.

Not strictly true,I have only got a few negative feedback on my account but I'd argue that none of them are actually fair or factual.

Some people out there are idiots & give you negative feedback for their own stupidity of not reading complete auctions.

I agree that there are many idiots out there that will give a seller negative feedback even though a problem that was encoutered is due to themselves being stupid. They will try to send money by Paypal when it isn't accepted. They will send a 2 party personal check from Latvia or Bolivia. They will pay $1.50 for shipping when it states $2.50. They will try to renegotiate a sales price or shipping price. All of this can lead to the seller geting a negative feedback.

However some sellers are obviously NOT doing something right when they have a poor feedback. I hate to pick on davesmetal but just to use for an example as a large scale seller he consistanly has a positive feedback rating running below 98% (he's at 96.8% today) and that scares me enough to not buy from him. If somebody has 1 negative out of 150 or 2 out of 400 that's not a big deal to me and I'll still buy from them. but when 1 out of 25 people are having a problem big enough to leave a negative feedback I'm just going to try and get the item elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
A 3.2% disapproval rating, when you think about it, is pretty small.  Especially when you take into account the spectrum of your typical metalhead.  Dave not only offers great cds at affordable prices, but he's a cool guy in person too.

There are metal sellers with vast clean feedback out there, so its not entirely to the "metalhead" buyers for Dave's negatives I guess

I agree with you that Dave is a cool guy in person, but he is very unorganized and unfortunately its always a gamble ordering from him.

• 1 month later...

I just want to say that I have always been lucky enough to get my cd's from him. Although I have noticed a large amount of negatives as of late. I actually thought his account had been suspended? Maybe it was someone else though.

As for negative feedback always exposing the truth? That is not true. Everyone is human and screws up from time to time, but it has been my experience that sometimes people are just assholes. I have a total of 7 negative feedbacks, half coming from things that I bought and paid for but never received the product. When I leave negative feedback (and I don't like to have to do that) the other person leaves it in return stating some bullshit reason. I'll be honest with you people, the reason I made my comments private recently is because some asshole didn't send my product and his reason for leaving negative feedback was because I make fun of handicapped people? WTF! First of all I would never do that. Second of all WTF does that have to do with you not sending my product? Obviously I come unglued and leave something as childish on the reply and after a while I decided I didn't want people seeing that about me. It was total horseshit! At some point I will make it public again when those comments are buried but it should never come to that. You are providing a service on Ebay. If you can't be a human about it, get the f*ck off there, ya know?

Anyway, I'm done venting. I hope no one ever gets screwed in any way on Ebay but this is the world we live in folks.

Later

JL Mullethead :headbanger:

No matter how many great deals you find on eBay, there's always crooks lurking around. My only negative came from a guy that wouldn't answer the 9 e-mails I sent him about the Kane Roberts cd I had won for $3. My guess was that he didn't want to sell it for that cheap so he didn't bother responding. I finally left hoim negative feedback after I noticed his recent eBay history was horrible. W#ithin 2 hours, he responded with a negative towards me. Ebay suspended his account 2 1/2 weeks later. This guy was going downhill quick judging from his feedback <_<

No matter how many great deals you find on eBay, there's always crooks lurking around. My only negative came from a guy that wouldn't answer the 9 e-mails I sent him about the Kane Roberts cd I had won for $3. My guess was that he didn't want to sell it for that cheap so he didn't bother responding. I finally left hoim negative feedback after I noticed his recent eBay history was horrible. W#ithin 2 hours, he responded with a negative towards me. Ebay suspended his account 2 1/2 weeks later. This guy was going downhill quick judging from his feedback <_<

Hey T-Boner---That is exactly my fear with this guy on the Brian Jack cd. He sold his other won for over $200, and I was lucky enough to win one for $46? He could easily resell it if it actually exists. I should know something by next week.

Later

JL Mullethead :drink:

HELLO EVERYONE! I HAVE NOT PERSONALLY DEALT WITH DAVESMETAL, BUT MY BEST FRIEND HAS. HE TOTALLY SUCKS. HE SENT MY FREIND THE WRONG CD LIKE THREE TIMES. AFTER HE FINIALLY GOT IT RIGHT, HE SENT IT LIKE 3 MONTHS AFTER HE WON IT (WHITECROSS S/T) AND IT WAS NOT AS DESCRIBED IN THE AUCTION. AUTION STATED IT WAS IN MINT CONDITION. IT ARRIVED WITH A FEW SCRATCHES AND WAS A CUTOUT. GOOD THING IT WAS MINT!! PEACE OUT!! CRAIG

No matter how many great deals you find on eBay, there's always crooks lurking around. My only negative came from a guy that wouldn't answer the 9 e-mails I sent him about the Kane Roberts cd I had won for $3. My guess was that he didn't want to sell it for that cheap so he didn't bother responding. I finally left hoim negative feedback after I noticed his recent eBay history was horrible. W#ithin 2 hours, he responded with a negative towards me. Ebay suspended his account 2 1/2 weeks later. This guy was going downhill quick judging from his feedback  <_<

Yeah, I agree with you here. I got only two negs so far - one was from UK buyer who paid for US domestic shipping and when I refunded his payment so he can submit a new corrected one, he left negative! The other one was from a dork who accused me after never receiving his money order...

Looks like Davesmetal got NARU'ed.

Well, with 29 negs for the last month alone, and even more neutral its better for everyone it happened. To have an unsatisfied customer EVERY single day just doesnt sound right to me. Dave is a cool guy, but he must sit down and organize his business!

Well, with 29 negs for the last month alone, and even more neutral its better for everyone it happened. To have an unsatisfied customer EVERY single day just doesnt sound right to me. Dave is a cool guy, but he must sit down and organize his business!

That's the best post on this thread, my friend.

Dave is a okay cat, but has let a lot of people down... A time of reflection may do him some good.