Mark Tremonti

Glen

I've been looking forward to this one and so far I like what I hear.

I was hoping it would be even heavier as Mark has made it no secret his love of classic metal and thrash. His voice sounds nice and I expect many great solos.

• 3 weeks later...

Full song 'You Waste Your Time'. I love it - punishing stuff with still plenty of melody. The solo kills.

Really looking forward to the full album. Non Alter Bridge fans should steer well clear tho, as this is more of the same, but even heavier. :beerbang:

http://loudwire.com/tremonti-you-waste-your-time-song-review/

Nice - will def pick this up...

Full song 'You Waste Your Time'. I love it - punishing stuff with still plenty of melody. The solo kills.

Really looking forward to the full album. Non Alter Bridge fans should steer well clear tho, as this is more of the same, but even heavier. :beerbang:

http://loudwire.com/tremonti-you-waste-your-time-song-review/

Good song! I'm sure the album will be great.

• 1 month later...
Guest Footstomp

Very Alter Bridgey indeed. I keep hearing a heavier version of Black Stone Cherry aswell. Anyways, it sounds pretty darn good! Will most def. pick this cd up eventually.

Very Alter Bridgey indeed. I keep hearing a heavier version of Black Stone Cherry aswell. Anyways, it sounds pretty darn good! Will most def. pick this cd up eventually.

Of most note is that you haven't heard one solo yet (except the single) and being a Tremonti album you know they are going to kill.

I just picked this one up yesterday from Best Buy and it's pretty good. It's not as good as Alter Bridge IMO but it does have some slamming tracks but I will always prefer Myles voice over Mark's but I expect this one will grow the more i play it.

I just picked this one up yesterday from Best Buy and it's pretty good. It's not as good as Alter Bridge IMO but it does have some slamming tracks but I will always prefer Myles voice over Mark's but I expect this one will grow the more i play it.

Really? I actually find myself liking his voice more, Kennedy is great but can get whinny IMO. This album is close to flawless IMO. The whole thing just smokes....I think Alter Bridge only got this heavy on say tracks like 'Metallingus'.

Huge album.

Great lyrics too.

Really? I actually find myself liking his voice more, Kennedy is great but can get whinny IMO. This album is close to flawless IMO. The whole thing just smokes....I think Alter Bridge only got this heavy on say tracks like 'Metallingus'.

Huge album.

Great lyrics too.

Oh I didn't say it sucked but if I had to pick AB or Tremonti I'd pick AB just down to Myles voice and the songs. Don't get me wrong this is damn good and Mark's voice is pretty good too and lyrics and solos are great but if I had to compare it to AB which isn't fair I would prefer AB but I expect I'd listen to this many times over the next year and it will probably place highly in my top albums of 2012. I'm on my 2nd spin now and it's opening up and I'm hearing things I didn't the first time so it will probably contine to grow the more I play it.

This is awesome. Been on constant repeat all weekend. Great vocals (he can't compete with the range and power of Kennedy IMO, but his barratone really suits this material - maybe even more so than Kennedy's does) and stunning guitar. Biggest thing for me was the sheer quality of the song-writing and choruses on here. Only one or two that let the side down, with the rest being right up there with the AB3 disc (but obviously a bit crunchier). "New Way Out" is my new favourite song too. A top 5 disc for me.

This is awesome. Been on constant repeat all weekend. Great vocals (he can't compete with the range and power of Kennedy IMO, but his barratone really suits this material - maybe even more so than Kennedy's does) and stunning guitar. Biggest thing for me was the sheer quality of the song-writing and choruses on here. Only one or two that let the side down, with the rest being right up there with the AB3 disc (but obviously a bit crunchier). "New Way Out" is my new favourite song too. A top 5 disc for me.

New Way Out is awesome!

New Way Out is awesome!

Probably tracks 5-8 are the best, but the last 2 give them a run for their money too. 'Doesnt Matter' in particular is great.

Also tracks 2 & 3 just blow my mind - killer heavy stuff

New Way Out is awesome!

Probably tracks 5-8 are the best, but the last 2 give them a run for their money too. 'Doesnt Matter' in particular is great.

The solo on "Leave it Alone" is killer stuff and has a nice catchy chorus. "So You're Afraid" ups the ante in heaviness but gets melodic in the chorus. Don't forget how good the last track "Decay" is. That tune is killer and so is "Proof" and "Brains".

New Way Out is awesome!

The solo on "Leave it Alone" is killer stuff and has a nice catchy chorus. "So You're Afraid" ups the ante in heaviness but gets melodic in the chorus. Don't forget how good the last track "Decay" is. That tune is killer and so is "Proof" and "Brains".

Yeah there's not a song I don't like. "Doesn't Matter" is a killer melodic tune (great riffs too), but I'm still gonna go with "New Way Out" for sheer emotion and songwriting prowess. Should be a "Watch Over You"-type megahit IMHO.

I've listened to a few songs off this one and like one or two, but overall the sound is much too modern rock/metal for me. Shame, as the guitar solos are bloody fantastic!!!

New Way Out is awesome!

Yeah there's not a song I don't like. "Doesn't Matter" is a killer melodic tune (great riffs too), but I'm still gonna go with "New Way Out" for sheer emotion and songwriting prowess. Should be a "Watch Over You"-type megahit IMHO.

I think 'Giving Up' is just edging it for me at the moment. Huge riff/chorus, Tremonti sounds great and the solo........well what can you say??!

The only weaker track is the title track bizarrely, but that still has a killer mid section.

The only weaker track is the title track bizarrely, but that still has a killer mid section.

Yeah good point, that's probably true. Who'd have thought that out of a band like Creed, you'd get albums like the 3 from Alter Bridge and then this....

I honestly can't see me ever checking this out, but I just had a sneaky listen to 'Giving up' and 'New way out' on youtube. Like I suspected, 'Giving up' just sounds like the blander type of modern rock I don't personally enjoy, but I gotta say, 'New way out' sounded pretty freakin' nice.