Davy Jones of the Monkees dies

zacharyamelie

I remember watching that show when I was a kid, my dad had all the Monkees albums. Fun band in a fun time, the late 60's. To think baby face Davy Jones was the first to go.

Davy Jones of the Monkees dies

That's a bummer. I used to watch reruns of "The Monkees" on TV after school when I was a kid. Funny stuff, and a talented guy. R.I.P.

He actually came from around these parts and I'm sure my sister knew him from somewhere (this is my sister who actually saw the Beatles play the co-operative hall in Middleton, where I still live, in 1963!). I'll have to ask her next time she rings.

But yeah sad...I used to watch the Monkees TV show religiously when I was little.

I read the news from facebook with an attachment of Davy Jones' last performance. And the song Daydream Believer stuck to my head yesterday. I think to the minute I went to bed, I was still singing the chorus of that song. RIP Davy.

My kids were watching "SpongeBob" tonight and The Flying Dutchman ended up trapped in "Davy Jones' Locker"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n86gOQhrGtA&feature=related

They didn't get the joke, naturally, but I thought it was funny.