Ever go to a store and it's never open?

cdjunky41

I've been to this pawn shop 5 times already and it's never open.. :doh: I look in the window and they have hundreds of c.d.s i want to look through. I tried calling them, left messages. I even went to their other store and the guy says they're open. I'm about to throw a brick through the window. The only thing stopping me is the courthouse across the street.. :2up:

When this pawn shop is closed there doesn't happen to be a chopper parked out front with the name "Grace" painted on the gas tank? If so that means Zed's inside and I would stay far, far away from that place. :lol:

I've been to this pawn shop 5 times already and it's never open.. :doh: I look in the window and they have hundreds of c.d.s i want to look through. I tried calling them, left messages. I even went to their other store and the guy says they're open. I'm about to throw a brick through the window. The only thing stopping me is the courthouse across the street.. :2up:

I pass a small strip mall on my way to work everyday, one day I noticed a empty store was filled up with all types of stuff. Cd's, records, promo posters all types of rock related things and other junk. After a few months, still filled but no signs of a store opening or anything. So, one day on my lunch I drove and asked the other store owners about the store and no one knew anything about it. At least two years went by with no actively, then about a month as I drove by, the place was empty. I wonder what treasures were in there?

I pass a small strip mall on my way to work everyday, one day I noticed a empty store was filled up with all types of stuff. Cd's, records, promo posters all types of rock related things and other junk. After a few months, still filled but no signs of a store opening or anything. So, one day on my lunch I drove and asked the other store owners about the store and no one knew anything about it. At least two years went by with no actively, then about a month as I drove by, the place was empty. I wonder what treasures were in there?

Same thing here, thrift/pawn type of store, always closed every time I pass. I can clearly see several hundred CDs on a shelf in the far corner. Just recently passed by, store empty and gone :lame:

The last couple of times I've tried to hit the local "cool" record store in my area (Sound Exchange in Wayne, NJ) I've gotten skunked. Once I stopped by and they were closed cuz there'd been a power failure in the area so the entire strip mall was dark.

The next time there had been severe thunderstorms the day before and the road the mall is on was closed due to flooding.

Someone's trying to keep me away from there!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Went there one last time and it was actually open. I bought 5 c.d.'s for a total of $15.

Larry Mitchell-Insatiable-Mellow new age music (Trading this in) :thppt:

Mr. Rocket Baby-Make Believe-R.E.M. wannabes (another tosser) :thppt::thppt:

Jackyl-Live At The Full Throttle (Keeper)

Petra-God Fixation (Keeper)

Future Rage-Future Rage (Indie N.J. Metal band still sealed) :headbanger:

Went there one last time and it was actually open. I bought 5 c.d.'s for a total of $15.

After the hype "Hundreds of cd's!!!" and that's it???

What a bust.

Nice find :headbanger: mediocre cd though.

Nice find :headbanger: mediocre cd though.

+1

What a bust.

It's all about the hunt Terry. They can't all be winners.. :lol:

What a bust.

Oh how I know, but to drive by the place and its closed and the tease of piles of cd's and than to finally get in and wlak away almost empty handed. :(

That is so true! But it's so disappointing when your expectations are mercilessly dashed on the jagged rocks of disappointment.

Although I'm not sure there are CD's in there are a few places like that around here, one in particular that has all this old junky furniture in the window, mirrors, chairs e.t.c. but in 10 years I've NEVER seen it open. I pass it all the time on my bike and it's in a really odd out of the way place for a shop. I wonder if the owner just stores stuff in it...I've Never even see the items in the window change I don't think...really dusty. Maybe it's a Stephen King story just waiting to happen.