TERRA NOVA

66 mustang

I recorded it last night, will probably give it a whirl tonight or tom'w. Looks rad.

I recorded it last night, will probably give it a whirl tonight or tom'w. Looks rad.

Watched the "Terra Nova" premiere last night. Pretty cool stuff, had a big-budget movie feel to it rather than a TV pilot. (I wonder if those production values will continue throughout the series or if they just blew their wad on the whiz-bang premiere to get everyone hooked...) Story-wise they're definitely going for a "Lost" sort of vibe (i.e. the mysterious equations carved into the rocks, the band of breakaway colonists who will are this show's equivalent of the "Others," etc.), with some very obvious nods to "Jurassic Park" thrown in. I enjoyed it and will keep watchin' for the first several weeks at least.

Watched the "Terra Nova" premiere last night. Pretty cool stuff, had a big-budget movie feel to it rather than a TV pilot. (I wonder if those production values will continue throughout the series or if they just blew their wad on the whiz-bang premiere to get everyone hooked...) Story-wise they're definitely going for a "Lost" sort of vibe (i.e. the mysterious equations carved into the rocks, the band of breakaway colonists who will are this show's equivalent of the "Others," etc.), with some very obvious nods to "Jurassic Park" thrown in. I enjoyed it and will keep watchin' for the first several weeks at least.

Remember that Sarah Connor Chronicles had the big budget at first too but as ratings dropped so did the explotions and big budget feel.

I liked it ok, will give it a chance. Kids liked it more, but I dont know if it will hold their interest over the season, they need to keep the dinos coming! Myself, I would like to see more of the future world.

Finally saw it as well. I very much enjoyed it. Anything this good is doomed to be cancelled due to mindless idiots not getting the script...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got through the two hour premiere and yes this is really good.

I missed the follow up episode but did catch last weeks and it was good as well but not quite as stellar as the opening double episode. I will continue to watch for now. For a new show it's good but it's not my fav new show of the year so far.

I hear "Terra Nova" may be in ratings trouble already, so maybe we shouldn't get too attached to it. :blink:

• My Little Pony

I liked it ok, will give it a chance. Kids liked it more, but I dont know if it will hold their interest over the season, they need to keep the dinos coming! Myself, I would like to see more of the future world.

I love it, but I do agree with you. I would love to see more of the future world. I'm a sucker for that post-apocalyptic type stuff.

I hear "Terra Nova" may be in ratings trouble already, so maybe we shouldn't get too attached to it. :blink:

Not surprised as they seem to hype up so many new shows and then they get the axe just as you're getting to know the characters. I really like the new Prime Suspect on NBC and word is ratings are horrible so will probably be going away soon. ABC did the same thing to me last year with Detroit 187. And FX did the same things with Terriers and Lights Out.

• My Little Pony

Not surprised as they seem to hype up so many new shows and then they get the axe just as you're getting to know the characters. I really like the new Prime Suspect on NBC and word is ratings are horrible so will probably be going away soon. ABC did the same thing to me last year with Detroit 187. And FX did the same things with Terriers and Lights Out.

The premier had 9.2 million viewers, the second episode dropped to 8.7, the third dropped to 7, but the fourth jumped back up to 8.3 million. That's not bad at all, especially when you consider it's on a Monday night and has to compete with Castle and Hawaii Five-0, among others. It's also a new show and it's still finding its fanbase.

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

I was thinking the same thing plus it's head to head with CBS's "How I Met Your Mother" and their new hit "Two Broke Girls" so some tough competition. I do imagine that this show is very expensive to produce and hope it doesn't have to go the way of "Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles" and cut the action scenes out to save money.

I've watched all 4 or 5 episodes so far and I enjoy it and will stick with it. But to be totally honest, if it gets cancelled I won't cry for it. It kind of looks like a one-season only show that will get annoying with too many series (like 2 :lol: )

Just like 'Person of Interest' that started the same time here, they're okay but not really anything great. I'll stick with them, though. I preferred something like 'Flash Forward' or even that other show that started out on the cruise where the guy lost his girlfriend. I forget the name, but I wish those 2 shows had lasted.

I've already lost track of this show. I think I've missed the last two episodes. Maybe I can get caught up via Fox On Demand when I have time.

• 1 month later...

New ep on tonite, off last week