Daughtry

Glen

hm 'Leave This Town' is pretty okay for me, in fact i have several fave tunes out of that one and I rated it about the same as the debut :D

yeah agree, Daughtry usually didn't disappoint, so I think I'm gonna sink some money into this one too as soon as the local release is out

I'd slot that song into the "good but not great" category. That said, Daughtry has not yet failed to impress, so consider me stoked for a new album. Does he have what it takes to end the 2011 modern rock stakes with a bang rather than a whimper? Time will soon tell...

His first album kicked ass, Leave this Town was terrible IMO as it just didn't have the hooks of the first CD. Fingers crossed for this one.

That's because all the best tracks were bonus tracks and better than any of the songs on the album lol !!

Yeah, no doubt most the best tracks from the last CD were all bonus tunes. I've enjoyed both CDs and am confident he won't disappoint with the new disc. This is a good song to me, but yeah, not utterly amazing. But damn good anyway, and gives me hope the disc will be great.

I liked "Leave this Town" better than the debut, though both had obvious filler. Enough quality tracks on both to buy this one blind though...

I liked "Leave this Town" better than the debut, though both had obvious filler. Enough quality tracks on both to buy this one blind though...

Backed. I actually like "Leave This Town" better than the debut as well. I think the song-writing was better, except for the last two tracks on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest bigdctherock

Gonna admit, the new album I found extremely good. Lots of quality Melodic Rock with "Renegade," "Crawling Back to You," "Outta My Head," "Start of Something Good," "We're Not Gonna Fall," "Break the Spell," "Louder Than Ever," and "Spaceship.". I think the later two are probably the band's best songs.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna admit, the new album I found extremely good. Lots of quality Melodic Rock with "Renegade," "Crawling Back to You," "Outta My Head," "Start of Something Good," "We're Not Gonna Fall," "Break the Spell," "Louder Than Ever," and "Spaceship.". I think the later two are probably the band's best songs.

I just can't get into it. Loved the last one, disappointed by this new one. Average songwriting IMO, but I'll stick with it...

I just can't get into it. Loved the last one, disappointed by this new one. Average songwriting IMO, but I'll stick with it...

It's funny how opinions differ, as I think this is the best album they have done thus far. I was constantly playing it over the holiday period and it made my top 25 albums of the year, which was no mean feat.

It's funny how opinions differ, as I think this is the best album they have done thus far. I was constantly playing it over the holiday period and it made my top 25 albums of the year, which was no mean feat.

I'm with Tim on this one - Daughtrys albums have got progressively weaker IMO. The debut was excellent, the second album was pretty good with some stunning bonus tracks and his third was good but very samey & dare I say it - safe.

Yep, I'm actually with Jez on this one. Played this heaps through the holidays, and it's a very good album. I also think it's the most consistent and possibly best album from the band yet. And whilst it's not the best song on the CD by any stretch, 'Gone too soon' proved to be one of the most heartbreakingly moving tunes of 2011, imo.

'Gone Too Soon' hmmm how come that song title reminded me of Michael Jackson, probably because i listened to 'Dangerous' a lot when I was a kid lol

that one is also a sad song, if i'm not mistaken, a song about AIDS and people who died too young because of that

'Gone Too Soon' hmmm how come that song title reminded me of Michael Jackson, probably because i listened to 'Dangerous' a lot when I was a kid lol

that one is also a sad song, if i'm not mistaken, a song about AIDS and people who died too young because of that

Simple Plan also released one of my actual favourite songs of the year, called 'Gone to soon'... fyi. ;)