Syndicate... aussie commerical radio melodic-influenced rock

glam_junkie

Thought these guys deserved a thread of their own.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/syndicateofficial

40273_147842318575862_147842251909202_402119_7435135_n.jpg

These guys have just released their debut 's/t' album.

Very commerical type radio rock, but a definitely heavy rock influence.

Seem to have plenty of backing behind them, with some big names behind the album and some other well knows guesting on the album, such as Matt Sorum.

BTW, the debut album can be purchased here at the moment for $17.99, free shipping and singed by the band...

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/syndicate-signed-copy/651276

Anyone else checked out these guys yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P79VVCZ4Pfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZreTVkTYZn0

Wowser, how good is that 'Shout' song?! Love it. I can't remember if I commented on these guys in Justin's thread, but this definitely sounds like a must to me. Is that the cheapest price, Lindsay? I can't see this mofo on CDWOW. I curse self-titled CDs from a band with a common band name. :lol:

'All my life' is great too. Very good.

Wowser, how good is that 'Shout' song?! Love it. I can't remember if I commented on these guys in Justin's thread, but this definitely sounds like a must to me. Is that the cheapest price, Lindsay? I can't see this mofo on CDWOW. I curse self-titled CDs from a band with a common band name. :lol:

'All my life' is great too. Very good.

that is the cheapest i saw the pre-orders. others had it for $21-22.

Since it's on a mjaor label you may find it in somwerhe like Big W or Kmart for $18.

Couple of the tunes are from legendary songsmith Dianne Warren.

This indicates there's big money behind this band which is really nice to see as it doens't occur often to Aussie bands :)

yeah, from what i see and hear from these guys i've had the impression for quite a while that there is some pretty solid financial backing behind these guys...

wow very good songs, will want to buy this one but $18 is quite expensive. Let me know if anyone came across a cheaper one, otherwise looks like we have to shoot for that one :christmas:

Yep, a great band. I picked up my copy of the CD from JB HiFi last week. 'Shout' is the best song on here but in fact the whole disc is pretty good. They sound a bit like Velvet Revolver crossed with Puddle Of Mudd and Juke Cartel if you can imagine that. I'm going to see them live on their album launch in Bris next week. Should be fun.

Those comparisons are off putting for me Justin, this definately isn't a priority any longer.

Hopefully I'll get around to listening to the cd sometime soon.

Okay forget I said that, it sounds more like Harem Scarem mixed with Blue Tears and Bad English. No but seriously, don't let that put you off, it is seriously a very good modern Hard Rock CD with an excellent production.

Yep, a great band. I picked up my copy of the CD from JB HiFi last week. 'Shout' is the best song on here but in fact the whole disc is pretty good. They sound a bit like Velvet Revolver crossed with Puddle Of Mudd and Juke Cartel if you can imagine that. I'm going to see them live on their album launch in Bris next week. Should be fun.

yeah, those comparisons surprise me. I can see Juke Kartel in them, but definitely not as grungy as Velvet Revolver. I would think the opposite, a lot more towards the polished side of commercial rock. I can even hear a bit of def lep at times...

yeah, those comparisons surprise me. I can see Juke Kartel in them, but definitely not as grungy as Velvet Revolver. I would think the opposite, a lot more towards the polished side of commercial rock. I can even hear a bit of def lep at times...

hmm, will have to give it some more plays, didn't get any sort of a def lep vibe though. still, comparisons aside, this CD isn't mind blowing but has some really cool songs and is well worth the $18 it costs to buy.

I've been told Syndicate are better live so lets wait & see, hopefully Melbourne will be graced with a few solo shows by the band this year.

they;re actually on their album launch tour at the moment, playing adeladie tonight.

i was gonna go but can't for the life of me find anyone else who is going...

Haha! If I'd ever let that stop me I'd have literally seen maybe 5 concerts in my life! :lol:

Haha! If I'd ever let that stop me I'd have literally seen maybe 5 concerts in my life! :lol:

Yeah I agree, don't let that stop you. If you like the band, go see 'em.

I've been told Syndicate are better live so lets wait & see, hopefully Melbourne will be graced with a few solo shows by the band this year.

they;re actually on their album launch tour at the moment, playing adeladie tonight.

guess there's more peep in adelaide in the same situation as its not a place known for huge attendances for bands hence why bands tend to ussually overlook adelaide on their tour itenary.

Yeah I agree, don't let that stop you. If you like the band, go see 'em.

didn't really feel like going by myself. do that occassionally with bands i know other like minded people would be at. My usual gig going buddies were either broke, sick or at the afl.

So I went to see them live last night. Their lead singer had laryngitis but decided they would still play anyway, with him on keyboards and one of the guitarists taking over most of the vocals. Unfortunately, this guitarist didn't have a very powerful voice and on top of that, I think his mic was turned down really low. But vocalist issues aside, I found that musically, the band wasn't able to take the excellent sound of their album and reproduce it live. I'm sure with time and experience they will get better as all bands do, though my first impression is that they are a band with a wonderful debut album, but at this stage an inability to do their music justice on the stage.