M.ill.ion

JamesEagle

I can't find much about this band on here, so I was just wondering what people think about them? The tracks I've listened to from the new album, 'Sane and Insanity' sound really good. Any thoughts/comments on the album, or their previous one, 'Thrill of the Chase'?

I have three of their albums (Electric, Detonator and Kingsize), and they are quite good.

Cant say I am a massive fan, but songs like Candyman and Showstopper are definite winners for me.

Funny thing is, I only heard of them because I guy I know used to work with them when they were on A2 records.

I know the question asked was about the albums 'sane and insanity' & 'thrill of the chase', and I don't want to detract from that too much, but I've also been meaning to start a topic about this band and see what people think. They have released eight albums now and I've only heard their first effort - "No. 1" which I thought was quite good but not amazing, so I'm curious to know if any of their other discs are worth tracking down.

i've listened to 'Sane and Insanity', and I'm gonna say it's a good album.

I know a friend called it one of his top 5 albums of 2011, but after couple of spins, I don't rate it as higher as he did. This new album is a combo of melodic hard rock and heavy metal back and forth, so if you like your disc to be heavy and melodic, this one is a catch, but problem is, some songs aren't as memorable as the others.

It's been a while since I listen to this one, but let me go back again later and see if there's anything new I find.

The new one's only okay for me too. All their albums have at least a few redeeming features, this one being no different. They never do anything outrightly bad, but are guilty of being a bit average at times.

One thing, Justin, is that the debut is the only one like that in their discography. Sort of AOR / melodic hard rock. The rest of their discography is heavy rock, very heavy at times. Can't think what albums of theirs are my favourite off the top of my head, but they're a pretty solid band.

"No.1" was a good Scandi Melodic Rock disc IMO, similar to Glory/Treat's early stuff. Though the heavily-accented vocals were a problem. Afterwards they ditched the melody for heavy guitars and a kindof plodding Euro-rock sound. Get the first one, forget the others.

"No.1" was a good Scandi Melodic Rock disc IMO, similar to Glory/Treat's early stuff. Though the heavily-accented vocals were a problem. Afterwards they ditched the melody for heavy guitars and a kindof plodding Euro-rock sound. Get the first one, forget the others.

Sounds good, that means I don't have to waste my cash buying the rest of their albums. Might check the others out one day but I won't make it a priority.

I've read that their early albums are in the classic rock style, whereas the seconid half of their career has been more 80s hard rock / melodic metal. The former style doesn't appeal to me, but I do like the samples I've heard from the new album. I managed to pick up "Thrill of the Chase" very cheaply, so will check that out soon.

I can't find much about this band on here, so I was just wondering what people think about them? The tracks I've listened to from the new album, 'Sane and Insanity' sound really good. Any thoughts/comments on the album, or their previous one, 'Thrill of the Chase'?

I love the band.

Their powerful hard-rock sound is great to my ears. If you like "Sane & Insanity", you cannot go wrong with "Thrill Of The Case" and "Kingsize".