RIAA Wins Limewire Suit... Artists Get Nothing

T-BONE

But remember, the RIAA does all this for the artists...

http://torrentfreak.com/limewire-pays-riaa-105-million-artists-get-nothing-110513/

"Too bad, however, that the RIAA isn’t sharing any of the ‘damages’ with the artists, to reward them. Despite presenting thousands of artists as victims in the case, none of them are expected to see any of the settlement money in their bank accounts anytime soon.

RIAA spokesman Jonathan Lamy previously told TorrentFreak that the ‘damages’ accrued from piracy-related lawsuits will not go to any of the artists, but towards funding more anti-piracy campaigns. “Any funds recouped are re-invested into our ongoing education and anti-piracy programs,” he said."

Thats the way its always been with the RIAA & the Record labels. They never have and never really will care about the artists. Its all about the money for THEM. Hard to find any labels now days that actually care more about the artists and the fans.

Isn't everything in this world pretty much about the money?

I'm no fan of the RIAA but I'm trying to think of a situation where the owners, managers, bosses, controlling interests really give 2 shits about the people that make them money...other than it makes them money.

I'm no fan of the RIAA but I'm trying to think of a situation where the owners, managers, bosses, controlling interests really give 2 shits about the people that make them money...other than it makes them money.

Reminds me of something George Carlin said:

"You know how I define the economic and social classes in this country? The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there... just to scare the shit out of the middle class! Keep 'em showing up at those jobs!"

"You know how I define the economic and social classes in this country? The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there... just to scare the shit out of the middle class! Keep 'em showing up at those jobs!"

Exactly!

Let's not spoil a good rant with facts, eh?

The fact is that at least in the United States, the top 5% of taxpayers pay 95% of the tax revenue the government collects.

On a PERCENTAGE basis, the rich pay lower than you or I due to the ceiling on SS contributions and the greater availability of tax shelters and writeoffs, but in terms of dollars paid into the government by econmic strata, it's not even close...

-Dan

P.S. The RIAA can suck my left testicle.

Funding more anti-piracy? ha ha ha ha!! I wouldn't be suprised to find out its a fucking rackett! the riaa and the top guys of file sharing sites fire up the fucking P2P servers and give it about 5 years, of nonstop plugs and pushing and funding their own file sharing sites, until they garner enough sharers and investors to turn the table and file a lawsuite against them, the revenue that's been brought in by this time is there to be had by whichever side is awarded the lawsuit, then the top dogs split it down the middle,these fucking scum bag cocksucker riaa fucks are the bottom of the barrel, and yes most jobs do take most of the money by the bosses and fuck the litle workiing lemmings, but most jobs don't file million and billion dollar lawsuites on the merit of someone elses talent and win,totally fucking the actual workers that they used as examples to win the lawsuit, its okay, the bottoms falling out fast, and not for file sharing, they will NEVER!! I repeat NEVER!! even put a dent in file sharing, it will just go further underground then it is now! until they have no one to sue, cause they have no actual company running the sharing! what will they do? sue and shut down the entire internet? fuck enjoy now your pipe dream you greedy worthless fucking loads that shouldve been swallowed!