SIXX AM.......BETTER THAN MOTLEY?

the reg

WOW!!!!!the sound is fresh full of life the songs are well written and performed.i feel like life is beautyfull is a classic and when i heard the song lies of the beautyfull people i thought no way nikki can top that.....enter the song this is gonna hurt.....fuck...........amazin,this is rock n roll,dangerous....motley is a classic band they have their great history but sixx am....man makes you think....

I wouldn't say they're better than Motley but I can't really compare their sounds either since they're so different.

I do love the new Sixx AM and the first one as well but I'd never put them in the same league as Motley.

I just find it really impressive the endless well of creativity from nikki sixx...sixx am has a great sound.the sound different than motley i think partly because of the tuning they use,sixx am only downtune the low e string to d but motley downtunes all strings

I really like Sixx AM but its not even close to Motley Crue.

I actually love all of the Crue albums (yes, even Generation Swine) and Sixx AM is something entirely different, but just doesnt excite me the way the Motley albums do.

In fact, I'd also say that Brides Of Destruction was better on their first album than Sixx AM.

Not even close!!

I just find it really impressive the endless well of creativity from nikki sixx...sixx am has a great sound.the sound different than motley i think partly because of the tuning they use,sixx am only downtune the low e string to d but motley downtunes all strings

There's no doubt that Nikki is one hell of a songwriter but don't count out what vocalist James Michael and guitarist DJ Ashba bring to the mix. DJ does solo more on this disc and James is a hell of a singer and they both co-produce and mix these discs and I believe that DJ is even the engineer. Plus they both performed those same duties on the last Motley disc. Sixx is what drew me to this band but James' voice keeps me coming back for more listens.

There's no doubt that Nikki is one hell of a songwriter but don't count out what vocalist James Michael and guitarist DJ Ashba bring to the mix. DJ does solo more on this disc and James is a hell of a singer and they both co-produce and mix these discs and I believe that DJ is even the engineer. Plus they both performed those same duties on the last Motley disc. Sixx is what drew me to this band but James' voice keeps me coming back for more listens.

Dont forget that James Michael also does a lot of writing for other artists. Off the top of my head I know he has written stuff for Crue, Meat Loaf, Marion Raven and Scorpions.

Yeah, the complete answer is, of course, a No. But a valid question would be how does Sixx AM compare with current Motley? As in, is 'Life of the beautiful people' on par with 'Saints of Los Angeles?'

Personally, as impressed as I am with the new Sixx AM CD... and it will probably have more songs I prefer on it... I'd still take the new Motley. 'SOLA' was a great disc.

The thing that really impresses me about the new Sixx AM disc is that Nikki actually "gets" modern rock. A lot of the guys from "our" genres of music fail pretty miserably at trying to fit in with the current trends when they try for wahtever reasons. The new Sixx AM will sit proudly and validly in my top 10 modern rock CDs at the end of the year because it's a killer modern rock disc. Regardless of the fact it's run by an 80's hard rock icon.

Totally, 100% agree with Wes too, about the vocals and the guitar... especially the vocals. Great vocalist who really adds to the quality of the songs. Yeah, well done to Nikki for staying relevant and doing it well. :)

If anything, I was listening to the album on the weekend thinking how it was actually like Motley Crue for 2011. Good, solid, "current" commercial hard rock that has every likelihood of being able to chart well if that's the way it goes.

It's called Drop D.

Motley has been all over the map as far as what they tune to. Their first album was anywhere from a straight D (slightly sharp) to an E-flat depending on the song. Later albums got them a little more stabilized.

A band mainly takes advantage of specific tunings to be able to use the vocalists voicerange to it's best advantage. Some singers cannot hit the high notes that others can, so those bands will tune down to an E-flat to give their vocalist a better range to work with. While standard 440 E sounds all polished and pretty, many singers don't have a lot of years to be able to sing in that range until their vocal chords are damaged or just not strong enough to hold the notes, thus making the band tune down to E-flat. (look what happened to Steve Augeri with the Journey stuff. They are a standard E 440 band)

As for the band comparisons, there isn't one. Each band has a target audience and Nikki writes accordingly for each band. Of course Motley has it's long-term "old" fans so he has to try and write tunes that they can identify with while still staying current enough to possibly attract new fans. With SIXX: A.M., the target audience is a totally different group of people and even type of music to it's a different sound, lyrical content, attitude, etc... Luckily for him, there are a lot of fans out there that can adapt and accept and he can gain many of the Motley fans in the process...

Is there a comparison as to which band is better? Not in my opinion because they both fill different voids and needs..

It's called Drop D.

Motley has been all over the map as far as what they tune to. Their first album was anywhere from a straight D (slightly sharp) to an E-flat depending on the song. Later albums got them a little more stabilized.

A band mainly takes advantage of specific tunings to be able to use the vocalists voicerange to it's best advantage. Some singers cannot hit the high notes that others can, so those bands will tune down to an E-flat to give their vocalist a better range to work with. While standard 440 E sounds all polished and pretty, many singers don't have a lot of years to be able to sing in that range until their vocal chords are damaged or just not strong enough to hold the notes, thus making the band tune down to E-flat. (look what happened to Steve Augeri with the Journey stuff. They are a standard E 440 band)

As for the band comparisons, there isn't one. Each band has a target audience and Nikki writes accordingly for each band. Of course Motley has it's long-term "old" fans so he has to try and write tunes that they can identify with while still staying current enough to possibly attract new fans. With SIXX: A.M., the target audience is a totally different group of people and even type of music to it's a different sound, lyrical content, attitude, etc... Luckily for him, there are a lot of fans out there that can adapt and accept and he can gain many of the Motley fans in the process...

Is there a comparison as to which band is better? Not in my opinion because they both fill different voids and needs..

I don't know that it can be said any better :git:

sixx am's latest cd is better than some motley albums imho......... but that doesn't make sixx am better than motley :)

I'd back that.

sixx am's latest cd is better than some motley albums imho......... but that doesn't make sixx am better than motley :)

I'd back that.

+1 :party421:

Yep