Amsterdam - 'B.U.R.S.T' & 'Mistaken'

Geoff

Hey y'all, just prowling the net and I came accross some info that Amsterdam have released 2 new CDs recently, and apparently they have gone back to the style of their debut. The lead singer for Trixie now fronts them. Has anyone heard these CDs and can they comment on their quality? They're only $9.95 each at Perris and I'm thinking of picking them up.

Ronnie Borchert was always the frontman to my knowledge.

Strange thing is though that he was pushing ahead with his own label and albums a few years ago, then he just up and vanished.

His record label vanished, his myspace page now goes to some girl.

Even his sisters album, which was supposedly in the works, failed to materialise.

Not sure what the deal was, but something must have happened for him to just stop everything like that.

I say they are well worth $10 each.... a good band, I own all their releases....these guys play a combination of AOR, party rock & hard rock ....

So the 'Mistaken' one is good too? I couldn't find a freakin' thing on the net about these CDs, just one tiny article comparing the style of the 'Mistaken' album to Alice In Chains... so I avoided it. But you reckon it's comparable to the debut and Trixie? I did buy 'BURST' yesterday and I'll get this one too if you reckon it's just as good. :)

Yeah Nightrain, like Sir Planet says, good solid hard rock. Have you heard Trixie? I imagine these albums sound like that, but the Amsterdam debut is just good solid in-your-face hard rock. I'd compare it to Childs Play's debut if I had to make a comparison.

Luitentant Howdy, I wasn't sure if he had always been the frontman or not... I never made that link between Amsterdam and Trixie. Doesn't surprise me, though. It does surprise me that the same guy who recorded those Trixie albums recorded that 'Santa Clara Syndicate' mess, though. :lol:

From what I read from Borchert when he was active on MySpace, he is one of those guys that likes to try his hand at everything, meaning he will experiment with different musical styles.

I never bothered with Amsterdam though as I heard a few of their tracks, and they didnt interest me.

Loved the 3 Trixie discs and his solo album (you should like that if you havent got it), plus the work he did with Miss Crazy. Was also looking forward to his sisters album (Nicole Willard, and yes Geoff, she is hot), so was gutted when he up and vanished.

Nicole

l_7aaaa4b4b71641698aa312d73317238b.jpg

Yeah, I'd hit it. I did see yesterday that a solo album was spoken about, but I wasn't sure it had been released. What sort of style was that in? Do you know anywhere you can pick it up cheap?

The album is kind of similar in style to Trixie, but not as glam I spose.

From what I have seen, none of the albums he was associated with are being made anymore, except maybe those Amsterdam ones, and are only available via the dreaded download.

I have just tracked Ronnie down and had a brief chat with him actually, and it turns out the bugger has had a little secret for the last few years that I cant believe I never noticed (promised I wouldnt say anything to anyone though).

If you want some samples of the solo album, I am sure I can upload some for you to try.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=4210&CDName=Change

The album is kind of similar in style to Trixie, but not as glam I spose.

From what I have seen, none of the albums he was associated with are being made anymore, except maybe those Amsterdam ones, and are only available via the dreaded download.

I have just tracked Ronnie down and had a brief chat with him actually, and it turns out the bugger has had a little secret for the last few years that I cant believe I never noticed (promised I wouldnt say anything to anyone though).

If you want some samples of the solo album, I am sure I can upload some for you to try.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=4210&CDName=Change

Cool, looks interesting. I wouldn't mind hearing it.

The 2nd paragraph intrigues me. He was a part of a band we didn't know? Any hints? Will I ever know?

I've got a "brand new" & "sealed" copy of the AMSTERDAM - "B.U.R.S.T." CD for trade if anyone is interested.

I too would put Trixie just ahead of Amsterdam.

I say they are well worth $10 each.... a good band, I own all their releases....these guys play a combination of AOR, party rock & hard rock ....

So the 'Mistaken' one is good too? I couldn't find a freakin' thing on the net about these CDs, just one tiny article comparing the style of the 'Mistaken' album to Alice In Chains... so I avoided it. But you reckon it's comparable to the debut and Trixie? I did buy 'BURST' yesterday and I'll get this one too if you reckon it's just as good. :)

I'd say the Mistaken release is a good one.....I've never thought of Alice in Chains when listening to Amsterdam so I don't know where that comparison came from.....

Can't find any samples online... :unsure:

Some 1-minute samples from both of those releases:

mp3.million.com

Cheers (bumped so I remember to check those out later).