Lovex - Slave For The Glory

Stefan

Lovex returns with a new single this Friday, called "Slave For The Glory" from the forthcoming album "Watch Out!". See info from their record label below:

Lovex, the rock band from Tampere, have silently been preparing their third new album. The first single from the upcoming record is called Slave For the Glory and it will be released digitally on Friday February 11th 2011 all over the world except the US on February 15th. The album, Watch Out!, due to be released in May, has been written by the band members themselves and produced by Christian, the band's keyboard player. In January 2011 Lovex renewed their recording contract with EMI, who was also in charge for the release of the band's earlier albums.

"The band wanted a considerable change and we thought that the easiest way to accomplish it would be to write and produce the album by ourselves. Therefore, we didn't look for producers outside of the band during the recording process. We composed enough songs for three

albums while inhaling fresh influences. Moreover, we were for once able to write an album without any tours, which would have interrupted the recording process. We are really excited about this album and the new contract with EMI. We feel that we have grown up and rediscovered ourselves. We are no longer pretending to be anything else. We do things in a way that is natural for this band and I'm sure that everyone who listens to this album will hear that," says Theon.

Here's a sample of the new song

Great stuff Stefan. One to definitely add to the list, as their first 2 discs 'Pretend Or Surrender' especially were superb.

• 2 months later...

These are the tracks from the new album:

watch_out-14307997-frntl.jpg

1. Queen Of The Night

2. U.S.A.

3. Slave For The Glory

4. Time Of Your Life

5. Watch Out!

6. 15 Minutes

7. Crash My World

8. Worlds Collide

9. One

10. Marble Walls

They have a new style, don't know if it rocks or sucks. It's different.

Check out their video for "Slave For The Glory" and judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ9Um6w49cg&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...

The new album 'Watch Out' is absolutely stunning, so anyone thinking about taking a punt on it my advice would be to DO IT - NOW!!

The new album 'Watch Out' is absolutely stunning, so anyone thinking about taking a punt on it my advice would be to DO IT - NOW!!

Indeed. This is the essential Lovex disc. Go get it now, folks! It's a corker!

is it officially out now mate ?

is it officially out now mate ?

It was officially released 11th May. :headbanger:

Gave this one a sneaky spin last night. I have to ask the burning question which is painfully obvious after the first spin... what the hell were they thinking in releasing that 'Slave for the glory' as the first single? By far the weakest song on the disc, no doubt. Can't for the life of me consider what they were thinking with that choice.

On a positive note, the rest of the songs are pretty great. I especially love the "inspiro-rockers" 'Time of your life' and 'One.' Silly, gay lyrics, but great melodic rock songs. I can't remember the last disc off the top of my head but this one seems a lot slicker and more polished than the last one, aimed at the radio whereas the last one rocked pretty hard, if I recall correctly. It's a good choice, though... the album's a good'un.

• 1 month later...

can't stop listening to this one after more than 5 spins, but looks like it's hard to get a physical pressing of this one.

Anyone has any luck finding a cheap one of this gem ?

• 2 months later...