Lynch Mob - tonight

Jeff

I am leaning towards not going.

It is about a 30 minute drive to St. Paul, it is about 20 degree's out. $18 to get in, plus parking somewhere. They go on at 9:45p and I get up for work at 5a.

I've never had the chance to see Lynch Mob. I really only like their first two releases.

Should I be old and lazy and stay home, or get off my ass and go? I have about an hour to decide.

i saw them when they played with Faster Pussycat here in oz.

To me they were boring, and it was a load of guitar wank.

I would not go and see them again.

But, i guess if' you've never seen em, and it's only gonna cost ya $18.... why not.

Is $18 worth the price of the regret of not seeing them?

Or can your $18 be better spent elsewhere?

i saw them when they played with Faster Pussycat here in oz.

To me they were boring, and it was a load of guitar wank.

I would not go and see them again.

But, i guess if' you've never seen em, and it's only gonna cost ya $18.... why not.

Is $18 worth the price of the regret of not seeing them?

Or can your $18 be better spent elsewhere?

Good point, I certainly don't want to hear a bunch of drawn out guitar solo's with an occasional old song in there.

With $18, I could get a case of Miller Lite, or perhaps my first CD purchase of 2011...though I dont know what that will be yet.

I'd go. Assuming it's a similar setlist to when they were here, if you like the debut then you should go see them. I thought they were very solid, but as Lindsay says they were a little boring. Plus they missed some of my favourites off the debut. But minus 'No bed of roses' and 'Through these eyes' I think they played the entire debut, so it was pretty cool.

For $18 I'd make the effort for sure, especially if you've never seen them. I've been in your situation before where laziness wins out, but I often regret not going afterwards. And every single time, without fail, when I do go, I am glad I did.

Your choice, mate, but I'd go. :)

Who's supporting?

This is the old guy in me speaking but I think I would pass knowing I've got over an hours worth of driving, plus depending what time they finally go on and get done who knows when you will get back to town, especially when you have to be up at 5am. I'm yawning just thinking about it. LOL grandpacane.gif

Reports from their Denver show two nights ago are that they sucked and Oni was drunk and fell down. I think there's a video over at sleazeroxx. If their like that every night no thank you. I'd stay home and play the first two cds and save my money.

I'd go. Assuming it's a similar setlist to when they were here, if you like the debut then you should go see them. I thought they were very solid, but as Lindsay says they were a little boring. Plus they missed some of my favourites off the debut. But minus 'No bed of roses' and 'Through these eyes' I think they played the entire debut, so it was pretty cool.

For $18 I'd make the effort for sure, especially if you've never seen them. I've been in your situation before where laziness wins out, but I often regret not going afterwards. And every single time, without fail, when I do go, I am glad I did.

Who's supporting?

Well, tell me if you've heard of them...I have maybe heard of National Overdrive:

Willie Basse

Regenerators

National Overdrive

Who's supporting?

Well, tell me if you've heard of them...I have maybe heard of National Overdrive:

Willie Basse

Regenerators

National Overdrive

I think Willie Basse is from Black Sheep.

This is the old guy in me speaking but I think I would pass knowing I've got over an hours worth of driving, plus depending what time they finally go on and get done who knows when you will get back to town, especially when you have to be up at 5am. I'm yawning just thinking about it. LOL grandpacane.gif

LOL...yeah, that is what I was doing when I was mapping out the Station 4 building in St. Paul, knowing that they go on at 9:45, playing 90 minutes so you can figure done around midnight, home and in bed around 1a, up at 5a to make the same drive. "Oh, the humanity!"

Reports from their Denver show two nights ago are that they sucked and Oni was drunk and fell down. I think there's a video over at sleazeroxx. If their like that every night no thank you. I'd stay home and play the first two cds and save my money.

<groan> :doh:

and it's down to 19 degree's outside

But I hear what Geoff is saying...by the time the weekend rolls around I might wish I'd went.

Wow, I don't know any of those support acts and not to judge a book by it's cover, but they don't sound very inviting.

Yeah, the only gig I missed in recent years out of laziness was LA Guns, and it's not like it's one of the big regrets of my life or anything, or it's not like I even lost any sleep over it at all, but I still really wish I'd gone. :)

Well when I saw them at Firefest last year I walked out after 4 songs.

Great musicians, but musical wank is definitely not my thing, and after the great crowd connection through Dare, Bonfire and Shotgun Symphony it was a bit of a mystery why LM were even headlining the show.

Id give it a massive swerve..........

I ended up staying home and took the suggestion from Wes and just spinning the first 2 releases. I think, reading the comments from you guys about some of their more recent shows that I won't regret it too much.

I ended up staying home and took the suggestion from Wes and just spinning the first 2 releases. I think, reading the comments from you guys about some of their more recent shows that I won't regret it too much.

I heard that it was the best show that has been done in the last 20 years in the tri-state area! Plus, EVERY hot chick in the crowd had their shirts off and were throwing their bras up on stage throughout the set. Sounds like you really missed out. :aw:

I heard that it was the best show that has been done in the last 20 years in the tri-state area! Plus, EVERY hot chick in the crowd had their shirts off and were throwing their bras up on stage throughout the set. Sounds like you really missed out. :aw:

I heard that too Rick! Plus, they had a suprise guest, some band called Parasite City. Ever heard of them?? :whistle:

:D

On a sort of related note, Dokken and Quiet Riot are scheduled to play in Medina on March 19th. So look out for that show Jeff! :git:

18 bucks to see a has-been and a bunch of no-name openers? Sounds to me like you made the right decision not to go.

I heard that too Rick! Plus, they had a suprise guest, some band called Parasite City. Ever heard of them?? :whistle:

Wow if that was true Jeff would literally go postal on someone. :lol:

Wow if that was true Jeff would literally go postal on someone. :lol:

LOL, no kidding, I don't know what I would do if any of that were true! Sad thing, I actually paused for a bit wondering which I would be more pissed about missing, hot chicks throwing bras or Parasite City, but then I thought I can see a set of tits anytime...that's why they call computers "Naked Lady Machines"!

:D

On a sort of related note, Dokken and Quiet Riot are scheduled to play in Medina on March 19th. So look out for that show Jeff! :git:

Chad, you planning on going I assume?

I thought Dokken was done touring?

I thought Dokken was done touring?

I guess not!

The thing that sucks is they are going to be in Fargo on March 18th too. I will be in St. Paul for the WCHA Final Five Hockey Tournament. I go every year. So, I am not sure if I will be at either show :angry2:

I know my wife will attend the show in Fargo on the 18th though.