I'll be a son of a...

Jeff

When I take a day off to work around the house I usually end up causing bodily injury, pissing off Mrs. Jeff or breaking something.

Looks like today I might be 3 for 3.

1. I needed to rent a floor grinder to take some adhesive off the cement in the basement before I tile it. I get the grinder downstairs and decide to test it out. Works great! The cement dust rises and the floor turns to a beautifully sanded concrete color. Only problem, I forgot to turn the furnace off and the entire house filled with concrete dust in the 10 seconds I was testing. Mrs. Jeff pissed, check.

2. Now the floor grinder couldn't reach the very edge of the floor near the wall. No problem, I put a masory disk on my angle grinder and away I go. Works great! The cement dust rises and the edge of the floor turns to a beautifully sanded concrete. But I got tired and in a hurry, my back got sore and I wasn't paying attention. I didn't realize my head was under the sink and when I lifted my head I bumped it, no big deal but I lost my balance, put my right hand on the floor to brace myself but ended up placing one of my fingers into the angle grinder (picture below). Bodily injury, check.

3. With concrete dust everywhere I started cleaning and washing clothes as Mrs. Jeff returns from work just after midnight. I just opened the washer and I see I washed my iPhone headphones. I'll be damned if they don't LOOK brand new! Now, once they dry out if they happen to work and maybe work better, then today will be a good day. I'm guessing they won't work. Break something, most likely, check.

finger.jpg

FFS! The first time our poxy internet settings allow an image to appear on this site and it's a bloody injury! Yuk!

Hope it didn't hurt too much though, mate. Great post, this would be exactly the sort of thing I would do if my DIY skills weren't about a billion times worse than yours (and most other people's). Stuff gets broken, I get injured and Mrs B gets angry.

Also reminds me of the last time I listened to my CD-walkman. I was in the bath. You can work out the rest. :doh: