My Chemical Romance

Geoff

I thought there was a thread for these guys here, but apparently not. What do people generally think of these guys?

They released 2 pretty decent modern rock / emo kind of CDs a few years ago, but then came back pretty solidly with 'Black Parade', which I believe fared quite well with most members here who gave it a go. I thought there were some great tracks on that one.

Anyway, they've just released their new CD, 'Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.' I'm just over halfway through it and I kind of like what I hear again. There is some of the most melodic stuff they've done yet, but also alongside some of the most throwaway stuff they've done also. Here's the track list:

1. "Look Alive, Sunshine" 0:30

2. "Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)" 3:26

3. "Bulletproof Heart" 4:57

4. "SING" 4:30

5. "Planetary (GO!)" 4:07

6. "The Only Hope for Me Is You" 4:34

7. "Jet-Star and the Kobra Kid/Traffic Report" 0:26

8. "Party Poison" 3:36

9. "Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back" 3:50

10. "S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W" 4:28

11. "Summertime" 4:07

12. "DESTROYA" 4:33

13. "The Kids from Yesterday" 5:25

14. "Goodnite, Dr. Death" 1:59

15. "Vampire Money" 3:38

The first song, that 'Na na na' one is ridiculously annoying, possibly done to see how stupid a song can be that gets airplay. It sucks dog balls, as does other nonsense like 'Party poison'. But then you have a few gems like 'Bulletproof heart', 'Sing', 'The Only Hope for Me Is You' and 'Summertime' which so far sound like the picks. Very catchy, very melodic. The other tracks inbetween are quite good too, and I still have 3 to go.

I don't think these guys will ever make a totally complete album, but so far the better tracks seems to be well worth giving them a go.

"Let's discuss our relationship with the band?"

OK. I have none... unless you count the fact that they're from New Jersey, and so I am. <_<

Here's a few songs for those who may (understandably so) hate them upon image alone. These are some pretty sweet toons, imo:

Bulletproof Heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--0XPGid7JY

The only hope for me is you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xAzqKEYaCs

Famous last words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbTtPL1jRs

In two words - Utter Trash. Sorry! but I think this band is utter crap of the highest order.

:agree:

Absolutely hate this band's music. The effect they have on my ears and brain is similar to the effect I imagine death metal has on Geoff... ;)

• 1 month later...

I don't like this band either but I will admit that I heard "Sing" on the radio and quite liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

Spun the new disc again the other day. It really ain't bad at all if you ask me. :)

Yeah I like it too. The first single ("Na Na Na") was crap, but most of the rest is pretty good IMO.

Didnt even realise they had a new one out.

Must admit I wont be rushing to buy it just yet as there are so many other bands that I need to buy albums by, but its nice to know its out there for when I can get it reduced ;)

I'm not what you would call a huge fan of theirs, but I do like their stuff.

Whats funny about them is they really arent that miserable considering they are considered an emo band.

Must admit I wont be rushing to buy it just yet as there are so many other bands that I need to buy albums by, but its nice to know its out there for when I can get it reduced ;)

I saw it for £5 in HMV the other day...

you werent hanging out looking at adolescent girls were you ;-))

yeah mate, you should try it. the EMO-section in HMV between 3.45 and 5 p.m (i.e, after school and before tea/homework) is a hive of skanky gothic lesbians leafing-through all the CD's but never buying any.

yeah mate, you should try it. the EMO-section in HMV between 3.45 and 5 p.m (i.e, after school and before tea/homework) is a hive of skanky gothic lesbians leafing-through all the CD's but never buying any.

:lol:

Have you started grooming any of them? ;)