Michael Bormann - Different

Socratic Methodist

The samples on his myspace page are delicious. It's sounding like the best solo stuff he's ever done imo. Very cool. Looks like a November 19 release.

Sounds very good. 2010 has been awesome so far, with more to come in the last couple of months.

I admit I don't think his solo stuff has come close to matching his time in Jaded Heart, but I have bought and enjoyed everything he does. Only a few tracks into this new one but it sounds like it could be one of the best of the solo lot. More acoustic like his solo debut, but great hooky songs so far. I've been harsh on his solo stuff (purely because I expect so much from him because he's delivered so much in the past), but I would be shattered if he ceased to release music. Love the guy. I'm definitely digging this one so far...

• 2 weeks later...

Got this in the mail a couple of days ago. Good stuff. I think it's on par with his "Conspiracy" album wich I actually like better than "Capture The Moment". Fans of MB will be plenty satisfied here. The first track "Life Is A Miracle" is actually my favorite so far.

I think it's a fairly good effort for the most part, but I'd prefer him to get slightly heavier than this. I like his ballads and mid tempo stuff, but not a complete album of it. A 70/30 mix would suffice

• 6 years later...

Still yet to really love one of his solo albums. What's he actually up to these days?

Capture The Moment - 2008 - 74%
Different - 2010 - 73%
Closer - 2015 - 70%
Michael Bormann - 2002 - 69%