ALLEN/LANDE - The Showdown

zacharyamelie

The Battle was far and away my fav release of 2005 and I highly anticipated the The Revenge a few years later. However I was a bit dissapointed as it lacked the melodic quality of The Battle. Well from the 5 or 6 songs I've heard from the up coming The Showdown, the songs seem to be stronger than those on The Revenge.

It will be available on November 5th through NEH...and you can add that one to my cart.

Just go to YouTube and tupe Allen/Lande The Showdown and ENJOY!!!

The Revenge was nowhere near the quality of The Battle IMO.

Ive heard most of the new album, and whilst it isnt as good as the debut its not far off to be honest. The album really kicks into gear around track 4 and from then on it is excellent.

Cheers

'The Battle' was heads and shoulders above the rest and was my fave disc of 05' aswell. I seem to be the same as everyone else in saying 'The Revenge' whilst good , wasn't on par with the debut. Look forward to hearing the 3rd instalment.

'The Battle' was heads and shoulders above the rest and was my fave disc of 05' aswell. I seem to be the same as everyone else in saying 'The Revenge' whilst good , wasn't on par with the debut. Look forward to hearing the 3rd instalment.

Backed. "The Revenge" was good and "Wake Up Call" is one of the best songs on the two discs, but overall it was a little less hooky. Would still buy this album by-sight though...

• 5 weeks later...

Much, much better and melodic than The Revenge, almost as good as The Battle...and this only after 1 listen. The one thing missing is an insane over the top chorus like the one on 'Come Alive'...even after 5 years its still gives me shivers. Likely my fav song other than 'Wildest Dreams' from Brother Firetribe in the past 10 years.

I really do enjoy the lighter approach on this one, the melodies aren't being drowned out by the sometimes very heavy metal music like on the other 2 releases. This is much more Melodic Metal in the Leverage/Place Vendome style compared to the other 2 which were more Melodic Metal layered over Masterplan.....in other words it's not as musically heavy as the other 2 releases.

Unless you have no soul, no passion or have had an unfortunate accident where you lost all your hearing this one is a must. No doubt this will be one of my highlights of 2010.

Much, much better and melodic than The Revenge, almost as good as The Battle...and this only after 1 listen. The one thing missing is an insane over the top chorus like the one on 'Come Alive'...even after 5 years its still gives me shivers. Likely my fav song other than 'Wildest Dreams' from Brother Firetribe in the past 10 years.

I really do enjoy the lighter approach on this one, the melodies aren't being drowned out by the sometimes very heavy metal music like on the other 2 releases. This is much more Melodic Metal in the Leverage/Place Vendome style compared to the other 2 which were more Melodic Metal layered over Masterplan.....in other words it's not as musically heavy as the other 2 releases.

Unless you have no soul, no passion or have had an unfortunate accident where you lost all your hearing this one is a must. No doubt this will be one of my highlights of 2010.

Yeah that pretty much sums up my view too. Agree nothing really touches "Come Alive" as their best tune (though "Wake Up Call" from "The Revenge" was very very close) so this lacks a standout tune. Otherwise this is similar to the debut and unlike "The Revenge" - an album you can effortlessly play from beginning to end and find no fault with...

Yeah that pretty much sums up my view too. Agree nothing really touches "Come Alive" as their best tune (though "Wake Up Call" from "The Revenge" was very very close) so this lacks a standout tune. Otherwise this is similar to the debut and unlike "The Revenge" - an album you can effortlessly play from beginning to end and find no fault with...

IMO the first 2 tracks are the weakest....stand by my previous comments that from song 4 onwards its pretty damned good actually.

[by the way the best 2 tracks off The Battle are 'My Own Way' and 'Truth About Our Time'.....but I do love 'Come Alive as well]

Cheers

IMO the first 2 tracks are the weakest....stand by my previous comments that from song 4 onwards its pretty damned good actually.

[by the way the best 2 tracks off The Battle are 'My Own Way' and 'Truth About Our Time'.....but I do love 'Come Alive as well]

Cheers

Damn, we can't aggree on anything lately. My fav track on The Showdown so far is probably 'Judgment Day', but that's probably because I'm more familiar with it since I've been hearing it for a few months now. Something tells me by the end of the week the track We Will Rise Again...will indeed 'Rise' and take over the top spot, I'm loving that one. Hands down best track on The Battle is 'Come Alive' with 'Where Have All The Angels Gone' coming second.

Cheers

Damn, we can't aggree on anything lately. My fav track on The Showdown so far is probably 'Judgment Day', but that's probably because I'm more familiar with it since I've been hearing it for a few months now. Something tells me by the end of the week the track We Will Rise Again...will indeed 'Rise' and take over the top spot, I'm loving that one. Hands down best track on The Battle is 'Come Alive' with 'Where Have All The Angels Gone' coming second.

Those will be my two fave tunes also. Love the pre-chorus in "Judgement Day", but "We Will Rise Again" is the most melodic tune (and best) IMO, though I also love the ballad before it...

• 6 years later...

I still think 'The Battle' is way ahead of the other 3.

I have to agree mate

I think they're too similar for me to say one particularly stands out from the others, but here's how I have them rated;

The Showdown - 2010 - 78%
Great Divide - 2014 - 78%
The Revenge - 2007 - 76%
The Battle - 2005 - 75%

I have to agree mate

I think they're too similar for me to say one particularly stands out from the others, but here's how I have them rated;

The Revenge - 2007 - 76%

The Battle - 2005 - 75%

The Battle bottom??

I'd have it at least 10% higher than the other 3.

I have to agree mate

The Revenge - 2007 - 76%

The Battle - 2005 - 75%

The Battle bottom??

I'd have it at least 10% higher than the other 3.

The bottom, by 3%. As I said, they kind of blend into each other for me. Let me check one thing...

Here's my favourite tunes;

The Battle - Wish For A Miracle
The Battle - Where Have The Angels Gone
The Revenge - Master Of Sorrow
The Revenge - When Time Doesn't Heal
The Showdown - Turn All Into Gold
The Showdown - Bloodlines
The Showdown - Maya
Great Divide - Come Dream With Me
Great Divide - Lady of Winter
Great Divide - Reaching for the Stars
Great Divide - Bittersweet