Hangover

Thomas/Coastline

I've got a terrible hangover today, feels like I won't make it through the day! How am I going to cure it?

philiplynott1.jpg

Thanks gor the tip, fahrenheit but I'll have to go for the bed! -_-

That's right, Elvis style food will do the trick! :popcorn:

Here's a tip - everyone goes for the greasy food - the kebab, the meat pie, maccas etc....nothing wrong with that but here's the tip...

don't forget the sugar. It's very important that when your night of drinking is coming to an end, you need to eat (in addition to a grease burger) a doughnut or something really sugary like that before your night ends, as the sugar will help metabolize the alcohol. It won't stop you from getting a hangover but it will makes it much easier to handle.

Here's a tip - everyone goes for the greasy food - the kebab, the meat pie, maccas etc....nothing wrong with that but here's the tip...

don't forget the sugar. It's very important that when your night of drinking is coming to an end, you need to eat (in addition to a grease burger) a doughnut or something really sugary like that before your night ends, as the sugar will help metabolize the alcohol. It won't stop you from getting a hangover but it will makes it much easier to handle.

Never heard that one before, but will definitely try it after the next session. Nice one!

Another quick tip is if you know your going to get wasted drink lots of water before hand and get yourself hydrated. That way you won't have such a bad headache.

I try to drink lots of water when I get in after a drinking session, ideally about 3 pints. Used to work when I was in my twenties/early thirties, at least stopped the nausea being too bad the following morning, not any more though. :(

The best way to avoid a hangover (but it's a bit difficult to do) is every time you hit the bathroom to empty the bladder, drink a glass of water immediately afterward. This will keep you from dehydrating and keep the pounding head away in the morning.

The best way to avoid a hangover (but it's a bit difficult to do) is every time you hit the bathroom to empty the bladder, drink a glass of water immediately afterward. This will keep you from dehydrating and keep the pounding head away in the morning.

I say you just drink the beer you left in Rick's garage from the night before..... :unsure::whistle:

Vitamin B, preferably the night before, has always helped me. Plus plenty of water, avoid coffee, soda or tea.

If you can get some real Mexican or Tex-Mex, menudo or breakfast tacos can work wonders :)