Pretty Maids

Best Pretty Maids by decade...  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, so shoot me. :lol: I've only really gotten into these guys in the last 6 months or so after purchasing the excellent "Pandemonium", and am just wondering what everyone else's faves are?

OK, so shoot me. :lol: I've only really gotten into these guys in the last 6 months or so after purchasing the excellent "Pandemonium", and am just wondering what everyone else's faves are?

Easy my friend! You MUST own Jump the Gun, Sin Decade (My fave), Stripped, Scream & Spooked.

That's all :)

Easy my friend! You MUST own Jump the Gun, Sin Decade (My fave), Stripped, Scream & Spooked.

I do now own Sin Decade; "Nightmare in the Neighborhood" & "Healing touch" are particularly excellent IMO. I also picked up Spooked, and really like "Live Until it Hurts" from that one. I'm curious, have you checked out their latest, Pandemonium? For me, it smokes everything else I've heard from them... so far.

I do now own Sin Decade; "Nightmare in the Neighborhood" & "Healing touch" are particularly excellent IMO. I also picked up Spooked, and really like "Live Until it Hurts" from that one. I'm curious, have you checked out their latest, Pandemonium? For me, it smokes everything else I've heard from them... so far.

"Scream" was my intro to the band so it will always be my fav, but "Spooked"(you have to get the Jap version with the awesome bonus tracks), "Future World", "Sin Decade", "Jump the Gun/Lethal Heroes" are all great as is the new one "Pandemonium" and the one before "Wake up in the Real World". The discs between "Wake" and "Spooked" are great as well, "Anything Worth Over Doing", "Carpe Diem" and "Planet Panic". In closing buy them all!!!

For me, 'Red, Hot and Heavy' is easily their best album, an absolute classic. I love 'Jump The Gun' too, those two are a long way clear of the rest imo.

Don't get me wrong I love the new one but I was introduced to the others I mentioned first and love them! Me personally, I wouldn't buy anything before Jump the Gun. Way too cheesy for me. I wasted money on the earlier releases back when and they just don't hold up very well today. Stripped is excellent too ...all acoustic.

Don't get me wrong I love the new one but I was introduced to the others I mentioned first and love them! Me personally, I wouldn't buy anything before Jump the Gun. Way too cheesy for me. I wasted money on the earlier releases back when and they just don't hold up very well today. Stripped is excellent too ...all acoustic.

To each his own but I personally love the "Future World" release and really like a few tunes off the "Red Hot" release as well.

1. 'Red hot and heavy'

2. 'Jump the gun/Lethal Heroes'

3. 'Pandemonium'

My intro to the band was 'Lethal Heroes' and that completely blew me away and will therefore hold a place for me. In that same era, 'Spooked' is utterly sensational and like Wes says, you NEED the bonus tracks because 'Love and a fiction' is as good a song as they have recorded.

I'm with those who can take or leave the first three, but everything including 'Lethal Heroes' and beyond is essential.

IMO their best 5 albums are in the middle era:

1. 'Lethal Heroes/Jump the gun'

2. 'Spooked'

3. 'Sin decade'

4. 'Scream'

5. Anything worth doing'

Then:

6. 'Pandemonium'

7. 'Wake up to the real world'

8. 'Carpe Diem'

9. 'Stripped'

10. 'Red hot and heavy'

11. 'Future world'

12. 'Planet panic'

13. s/t

Easy choices for me in the vote

Future World

Jump The Gun

Pandemonium

However the best 2 pretty maids albums for me are 'Jump The Gun' and 'Spooked'.

And to be honest they are the only two which are better (as an album) than Pandemonium. Sure some of the other albums have 2 or 3 killer tracks which match the quality.

Therefore get 'Jump The Gun' and 'Spooked'

Both are absolute classics

1. 'Red hot and heavy'

3. 'Pandemonium'

My intro to the band was 'Lethal Heroes' and that completely blew me away and will therefore hold a place for me. In that same era, 'Spooked' is utterly sensational and like Wes says, you NEED the bonus tracks because 'Love and a fiction' is as good a song as they have recorded.

I'm with those who can take or leave the first three, but everything including 'Lethal Heroes' and beyond is essential.

2. 'Spooked'

3. 'Sin decade'

4. 'Scream'

5. Anything worth doing'

Then:

6. 'Pandemonium'

8. 'Carpe Diem'

9. 'Stripped'

10. 'Red hot and heavy'

11. 'Future world'

12. 'Planet panic'

13. s/t

Wow Geoff, I would have ranked Stripped & Planety Panic much higher. What did you not like about them?

1. 'Red hot and heavy'

3. 'Pandemonium'

2. 'Spooked'

3. 'Sin decade'

4. 'Scream'

5. Anything worth doing'

Then:

6. 'Pandemonium'

8. 'Carpe Diem'

9. 'Stripped'

10. 'Red hot and heavy'

11. 'Future world'

12. 'Planet panic'

13. s/t

Wow Geoff, I would have ranked Stripped & Planety Panic much higher. What did you not like about them?

I like 'Stripped' just fine, but I LOVE the first 8 albums... to me all of those are excellent and 'Stripped' is simply the next in line of an excellent run of albums.

As for 'Planet Panic,' I dunno... just wasn't one of their faves for me. It was still solidly consistent, but just missing the killer tracks that every single other album has in plentiful supply. It was good by most band's standards, but in my opinion it was definitely one of Pretty Maids' weakest CDs.

2. 'Spooked'

3. 'Sin decade'

4. 'Scream'

5. Anything worth doing'

Then:

6. 'Pandemonium'

8. 'Carpe Diem'

9. 'Stripped'

10. 'Red hot and heavy'

11. 'Future world'

12. 'Planet panic'

13. s/t

:omg:

Love 'Jump The Gun', but 'Red Hot & Heavy' only at number 10? For me it's a 100% classic!

• 2 months later...