Went to an Estate Sale Saturday...

gener8tr

... Ended up being the house of Vinnie Chas of Pretty Boy Floyd who passed away a couple months back.

Sad... Lots of PBF memorabilia... concert fliers, rock mags from the early 90's,etc.

I picked up one REALLY cool item. A cassette tape with handwriting that reads: "PRETTY BOY FLOYD RHYTHM TRACKS." Took it home and played the first cut... guitars and drums with no vocals, etc. (Not sure which song it was (and I've been a PBF fan since 1989). I'll listen to more tonight and report back.

Ooh, very cool! What are the odds? Did you know it was Vinnie's estate before you got there? I'd love to hear that cassette, any chance of possibly ripping the tracks to mp3 files? :headbanger:

Ooh, very cool! What are the odds? Did you know it was Vinnie's estate before you got there? I'd love to hear that cassette, any chance of possibly ripping the tracks to mp3 files? :headbanger:

I had no idea until I got to the place and they announced "The gentleman worked on some Hollywood films including INDEPENDENCE DAY and that he was also a musician and played for a band named PRETTY BOY FLOYD."

My heart skipped a beat... I knew (unfortunately) Vinnie had passed away a few months before, but I had no idea he lived in Vancouver, Washington or that this was his house.

Lots of cool PBF stuff including TONS of original concert fliers, etc. His record collection was great, although I missed out of the best stuff (Iron Maiden originals, etc.). I was able to purchase a few LP's including ANGEL CITY - NIGHT ATTACK, and quite a few cassette tapes priced at $.50 each. He had a lot of 80's hair metal / glam stuff (of course). Two REALLY cool cassette tapes I did obtain were promotional items that were obviously given away to concert promoters, etc. back in the day. I got the original BLUE TEARS tape (different track order than the official release) and another from a band named SYANIDE KICK. Again, these are demo-type tapes (complete recordings) released from an agency called 52ND AVE. RECORDINGS (or something very close to that). I'm guessing all the bands back in the day traded these things.

The other tape I purchased (mentioned above) that reads "PRETTY BOY FLOYD BACKING TRACKS - WE CAN'T TRACK" only has two tracks on it, unfortuantely, and I have no idea what songs they are. Perhaps a couple that didn't make the first album or perhaps a couple intended for a subsequent album? I have no way of transfering them to computer, but if anyone is interested I'd be happy to record them onto cassette tape. Nothing special, really... I was hoping for backing tracks for the entire LEATHER BOYZ album :(

Unfortunately the people running the auction were a bit unprofessional and didn't seem to know what they were doing. I was willing to buy a put-together "press kit" whereby I'd put a few photos, concert hand-bills, etc. into an envelope and pay for them, but they were having none of it. Said it was "too personal." TOO PERSONAL? My guess is all that cool memorabilia is simply going into a landfill.

That's too bad they wouldn't let you snag any photos and hand-bills. I hope they didn't end up in the trash.

tbh, I am not sure if things were good between Vinnie and the other members of the band since he split, as I have both Kristy and Steve on my Facebook friends list, and neither of them even mentioned his death.