Y&T - Facemelter

whiplash1972

Okay, I admit I only listened to it with half my attention as I sorted through holiday photos, but I have to say I was left far from impressed. I'll refrain from more commentary until I hear it properly, but I disliked many of the songs I heard and wasn't really impressed at all by any. Maybe one or two sounded okay?

Anyway, I'll spin it again asap to see if that impression sticks.

the intro was kind of pointless IMO.

As opposed to all the other times they're not? ;)

It wasn't pointless when Bombay Black did it and it was even more awesome when Sleeze Beez did "Appetite" on Powertool.

It wasn't pointless when Bombay Black did it and it was even more awesome when Sleeze Beez did "Appetite" on Powertool.

Nope, they're all pretty much pointless buddy ;) except maybe Dr. Feelgood's intro.

I'm disappointed in this disc now that I've spun it a few times. No real stand out tracks.

The best tracks were "On With The Show", "How Long" and my fav. "I'm Coming Home" (which sounds like classic Y&T).

Both me and my friend agree there us something lacking with this disc.

For me the songs are there but the production is flat. Almost like the digital process has killed the energy produced by Y&T, who are a killer live band.

On my first full spin I am liking this disc.

Sure it's not as good as Black Tiger or any of the other classic Y&T releases but it's still damn good IMO.

My fav tunes are "I'm Coming Home", "Shine On", "On With the Show", "How Long", "Blind Patriot" and "Don't Bring Me Down". I will say that even though I do like this disc I don't know if it's any better than the last studio disc 'Endangered Species", which I really liked.

On my first full spin I am liking this disc.

Sure it's not as good as Black Tiger or any of the other classic Y&T releases but it's still damn good IMO.

My fav tunes are "I'm Coming Home", "Shine On", "On With the Show", "How Long", "Blind Patriot" and "Don't Bring Me Down". I will say that even though I do like this disc I don't know if it's any better than the last studio disc 'Endangered Species", which I really liked.

I agree, I hear nothing lacking here. Another great cd from this band!

• 2 weeks later...

A good album. I was hoping for something more AOR in the vein of Contagious or Ten (or everything they have done since 1984 to 1990).

Facemelter sounds more in the vein of Meanstreak or Black tiger.

Dave's voice still sounds great.

Glad they are back, my favs are I'm coming home and Blind patriot.

I'm really liking this disc now and the only tune I don't care much for is "Gonna Go Blind" and the intro is pointless as well. The other 12 songs are strong IMO and it's getting better with each spin.

I'm really liking this disc now and the only tune I don't care much for is "Gonna Go Blind" and the intro is pointless as well. The other 12 songs are strong IMO and it's getting better with each spin.

Yep - Really strong album - great tunes and THE classic Y&T sound. Marvellous. ;)