Slamer

Glen

Nice surprise....wasnt expecting this?

Apparently the album is finished and is rockier than the debut with more uptempo songs.

Would be great if it sounded closer to Steelhouse Lane :tumbsup:

Looking forward to this one

Great news. Loved the debut (and still do) so if it's anywhere near as good as that, I'll be happy.

OH WOW!!! I was actually quite disappointed with the debut (probably largely because I had such gigantic hopes) but the Steelhouse Lane CDs rank as two of my all-time favourite CDs. If what you say is correct, Glen, that this is more uptempo, I am officially excited.

I'm hoping for more 4min classics as opposed to the more drawn out tracks which either took three minutes plus to be great or, just never really came alive at all.

I remember the hype surrounding the debut but like most i was dissapointed and bored to death. If memory serves I fell asleep half way through the first song.

To be honest mate, there were a hell of a lot of people that did like it aswell. Of all the reviews/comments I read in various mags/ web sites, the thumbs up definitely outweighed the thumbs down, 90% on the main site here for starters. Three or four of the songs were a little long though I'll give you that, so a little bit of editing this time will be welcome. Top quality album for me though ;)

I remember the hype surrounding the debut but like most i was dissapointed and bored to death. If memory serves I fell asleep half way through the first song.

To be honest mate, there were a hell of a lot of people that did like it aswell. Of all the reviews/comments I read in various mags/ web sites, the thumbs up definitely outweighed the thumbs down, 90% on the main site here for starters. Three or four of the songs were a little long though I'll give you that, so a little bit of editing this time will be welcome. Top quality album for me though ;)

To be honest I was joking a little with my comment. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. Maybe I should give it another listen to see how I feel now.

To be honest I was joking a little with my comment. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. Maybe I should give it another listen to see how I feel now.

I think its a great album.

OK these is a little bit of showing off by Slamer at the start of a couple of tracks which makes them overlong, but both songs are still very good.

One thing is for sure 'Jaded' was one of my favourite songs of that year!

I think its a great album.

OK these is a little bit of showing off by Slamer at the start of a couple of tracks which makes them overlong, but both songs are still very good.

One thing is for sure 'Jaded' was one of my favourite songs of that year!

Yep, "Jaded" was a KILLER song. I got irritated by the overlong songs too, but it was still a top class disc...

The debut was an amazing album, only the intro to "Come to Me" was a bit boring, but I rather enjoy some of the other instrumental stuff, the start of "Not in Love" is great, I wouldn't do without it.

Like I said earlier, it's easily one of the best AOR discs this side of the millenium.

Favorite songs are:

Not in Love

Higher Ground

Jaded

Runaway

They're all freakin' great anyway :)

NOT new Slamer album, but will be released as Terry Brock solo album (hence the slight change in style and the heavier angle). But same line up as the debut "Slamer".

I was going to say that there is a new Slamer/Brock disc on the horizon, so you have answered my question. ;)