The Laws

Kristian

There's people from all over the world here, I was just wondering if some of the laws that we have here in Denmark are ours only.

For instance:

Our smoking law: basically it's no smoking in public places, restaurants, bars etc.

We are not allowed to talk on a cellphone while driving a car, however if you have one of those earplug sets, it's perfectly fine, you can even hold a banana up to your ear while your using it.

The last one I've got for now isn't really a law, but whenever we buy a new car we must pay 180% of the price directly to the state.

I bought a Mitsubishi Colt three years ago the price for the car was: 8173 Dollars

After I'd payed my taxes to the state the full price was 31059 Dollars

Do you have similar laws where you live?

There's people from all over the world here, I was just wondering if some of the laws that we have here in Denmark are ours only.

For instance:

Our smoking law: basically it's no smoking in public places, restaurants, bars etc.

We are not allowed to talk on a cellphone while driving a car, however if you have one of those earplug sets, it's perfectly fine, you can even hold a banana up to your ear while your using it.

The last one I've got for now isn't really a law, but whenever we buy a new car we must pay 180% of the price directly to the state.

I bought a Mitsubishi Colt three years ago the price for the car was: 8173 Dollars

The smoking and the cellphone laws apply in the "Nanny-state" known as the UK.Don't think the car law applies here though....Probably does though,hidden in political "bollock-speak"!!!!!

For instance:

The smoking and the cellphone laws apply in the "Nanny-state" known as the UK.Don't think the car law applies here though....Probably does though,hidden in political "bollock-speak"!!!!!

I was in the U.K. a couple of years ago, I was shocked to learn that you couldn't even smoke on train stations which were out in the open, it's not that far out in Denmark, at least yet :blink:

For instance:

The cellphone and smoking laws are the same here in Canada but that last one thankfully doesn't apply.....bad enough paying 13% taxes let alone 180%... :omg:

For instance:

I agree with the mobile phone law, I've seen too many people driving erratically with a phone in one hand. The car tax is crazy though! Still, no more crazy than our laws that let people break into your home and don't allow you beating them to a bloody pulp!

Anyone who uses a mobile phone while driving without a hands-free is a wanker, unfortunatly there's never traffic police around to nick them.

Backed on that, as my mate found out in his Royal Mail van last week, as he was hit head on by some stupid bitch on the phone, not paying attention. She had to be cut out of her vehicle - well more fucking fool you I say, some laws are there for a reason.

Anyone who uses a mobile phone while driving without a hands-free is a wanker, unfortunatly there's never traffic police around to nick them.

Backed on that, as my mate found out in his Royal Mail van last week, as he was hit head on by some stupid bitch on the phone, not paying attention. She had to be cut out of her vehicle - well more fucking fool you I say, some laws are there for a reason.

If only cell phones were the only thing that people use while driving......there should be laws about using anything that distracts you when driving....reading maps, putting on makeup, texting etc....could probably add the yapping wife as well although I'm not sure how you make that one illegal.... :lol:

Idiot, I have no sympathy for her (but plenty for your mate). Seen quite a few women doing this, especially mums in their huge 4x4s, what the f*** is that about? I've heard about a 'zero tolerance policy' on it, but no evidence of that, in Kent at least.

Idiot, I have no sympathy for her (but plenty for your mate). Seen quite a few women doing this, especially mums in their huge 4x4s, what the f*** is that about? I've heard about a 'zero tolerance policy' on it, but no evidence of that, in Kent at least.

Let's put it this way - he was lucky.

Wow, that 3rd law seems crazy. If we have something like that here I sure as hell don't know of it, but who knows.

Anyway, all I can say is I envy the f*ck out of your smoking laws! Seriously, this weekend has just reiterated how much I FUCKING HATE SMOKERS!!! At both Soundwave on Sunday and AC/DC last night there were smokers always near me and it makes me furious. If you want to do that shit to yourself, go ahead, but for fuck's sake, leave the rest of us out of it! Seriously hate the c*nts... apologies if there's any smokers here. ;) But I hate you. :lol:

We have areas in places that are non-smoking areas, but as far as I know there's not really anywhere that is fully smoke-free. Except indoors at a restaurant, for example. If I had it my way I'd make Australia a smoke-free country.

If only cell phones were the only thing that people use while driving......there should be laws about using anything that distracts you when driving....reading maps, putting on makeup, texting etc....could probably add the yapping wife as well although I'm not sure how you make that one illegal.... :lol:

careful what you wish for. changing a cd could very easy be in that category. looking down to find the cd. looking at the stereo to take out the old cd, put it in a case, put the new cd in..... playing air guitar / drums, thinking you are the next Rock Star with your singing. they might just take stereos out of cars. :whistle:

Wow, that 3rd law seems crazy. If we have something like that here I sure as hell don't know of it, but who knows.

Anyway, all I can say is I envy the f*ck out of your smoking laws! Seriously, this weekend has just reiterated how much I FUCKING HATE SMOKERS!!! At both Soundwave on Sunday and AC/DC last night there were smokers always near me and it makes me furious. If you want to do that shit to yourself, go ahead, but for fuck's sake, leave the rest of us out of it! Seriously hate the c*nts... apologies if there's any smokers here. ;) But I hate you. :lol:

We have areas in places that are non-smoking areas, but as far as I know there's not really anywhere that is fully smoke-free. Except indoors at a restaurant, for example. If I had it my way I'd make Australia a smoke-free country.

Actually I think the smoking law is pretty narrow minded, I can't see the problem with having restaurants and bars which allows smoking, as long as there are some which doesn't allow smoking.

Actually I think the smoking law is pretty narrow minded, I can't see the problem with having restaurants and bars which allows smoking, as long as there are some which doesn't allow smoking.

Smokers should be banned from the world and put on their own planet away from the rest of us.

On one hand I can see what you're saying as long as places which allow smoking are well known to the public, but on the other hand... if you walked up to someone on the street and punched them in the arm they could put you up on assault charges. Well, in all complete 100% honesty I would much rather be hit than take in a face full of smoke. Just like you wouldn't go up and spit in someone's face in public, I don't see why the rest of us should need to put up with these clowns and their f*cked up habit resulting in smoke being blown in your face. If you want to smoke in your own house, go for it. I don't masturbate in public (well, at least not where people can see me) just like I don't expect to be faced with cigarettes in public. ;)

When I used to smoke I would have agreed with you, but now I love smoke free pubs and restaurants. When pubs used to have smoking and non-smoking areas, the non-smoking areas were usually empty, so if you wanted a laugh, some atmosphere and women to look at, you'd often end up sitting in the smoking area anyway. Now you get all of those things without the smoke, which is great imo.

I wasn't going to put this out there, but the funny thing about disagreeing on the worth of some of these laws is that to me personally, I think if you can't drive and speak on a phone at the same time you shouldn't be on the road in the first place anyway. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with the law purely because so many people are f*cking idiots.

But speaking from a purely personal point of view, I probably speak on my mobile phone less than 4 times a month, in all seriousness. I never intentionally call someone from my phone in the car or seek to receive calls when I am in the car, but hey, I'd be lying if I said it's never happened. Simple point of all this is that it doesn't effect my driving a single bit. Obviously in the case of Jez's story we're not all the same... but for me personally I've never had a problem "juggling" driving and being on the phone at once. It's the same as drinking a slurpee while I drive! :lol:

It's just another example of why certain people should be executed before they even get out in the world amongst the rest of us.

I wasn't going to put this out there, but the funny thing about disagreeing on the worth of some of these laws is that to me personally, I think if you can't drive and speak on a phone at the same time you shouldn't be on the road in the first place anyway. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with the law purely because so many people are f*cking idiots.

But speaking from a purely personal point of view, I probably speak on my mobile phone less than 4 times a month, in all seriousness. I never intentionally call someone from my phone in the car or seek to receive calls when I am in the car, but hey, I'd be lying if I said it's never happened. Simple point of all this is that it doesn't effect my driving a single bit. Obviously in the case of Jez's story we're not all the same... but for me personally I've never had a problem "juggling" driving and being on the phone at once. It's the same as drinking a slurpee while I drive! :lol:

It's just another example of why certain people should be executed before they even get out in the world amongst the rest of us.

:lol:

Fair play to you, but the law has to cover the executees as well as you. Sadly.

I know my limitations driving-wise, so would quickly put the phone on speaker if I can, but there are a lot of idiots who have no idea what their limitations are. By the same token, speeding isn't dangerous of itself in my opinion, but it is if the driver is a f***ing muppet who can't drive properly!

The other thing to think about I suppose is that if you were in an accident when you were on the phone and you weren't at fault at all, it wouldn't look good even though you'd done nothing wrong.

:lol:

Fair play to you, but the law has to cover the executees as well as you. Sadly.

I know my limitations driving-wise, so would quickly put the phone on speaker if I can, but there are a lot of idiots who have no idea what their limitations are. By the same token, speeding isn't dangerous of itself in my opinion, but it is if the driver is a f***ing muppet who can't drive properly!

The other thing to think about I suppose is that if you were in an accident when you were on the phone and you weren't at fault at all, it wouldn't look good even though you'd done nothing wrong.

Yep, I agree mate. As I said, I have no problem with the actual law itself. I don't dispute it's worth for a second, but just putting a few words on the matter out there.

And I agree on speeding too. As long as you're not a f*cking idiot "speeding" is actually a normal part of daily life. But all you need is a dickhead who doesn't know his limitations and you're f*cked. All these road rules have their worth, but the f*cking idiots out there give them even more merit than they deserve.

What always amazes me is the majority of people you see using mobile phones while driving are in fairly expensive cars/4x4's who could easily afford either an in-car kit or lets face it a bluetooth earpiece which you can pick up for about £5.00 these days.

What puzzles me is that the law doesn't say: both hands on the wheel at all times. Instead it says: you can only speak on the phone if you have an in-car kit, some sort of hand free set.

That way you can hold a banana up to your ear and speak on the in-car kit all without breaking the law.

What if I tip my head towards my shoulder and hold the phone there? does that apply as a 'hand free' solution? I could also put on a John McEnroe sweatband and stick the phone between the sweatband and my head and chat away, would that be okay? the law is stupid because it's contradictory.

I'd suggest a law that says, no cell phones are allowed to be turned on once in the vehicle.