Soundgarden

Chris

I spotted this on melodic rock.com:

"Chris Cornell has dropped a bombshell revealing that Soundgarden will reunite after a 12 year hiatus. Soon after Soundgarden's website was up and running with the following message: 'The 12 year break is over and school is back in session….' Updates at: www.soundgardenworld.com."

Cool I say. I always liked them... :headbanger:

This was announced like two or three weeks ago on Blabbermouth but then was said to be bullshit.

So is it for real this time or more BS?

And how will Matt Cameron be involved with him always on tour with Pearl Jam?

He'd be stupid to leave that steady paycheck to do a what would be a short tour before implosion IMO.

Who knows? I hope its true but who the hell knows with these guys!!

YES! First The Darkness and now these guys. Heaven! ;):lol:

Nah, just kidding. Good luck to you guys if can listen to this stuff. :)

Loved the song, 'Hands All Over', which used to be on Headbangers Ball quite often. (Mmmm ... Kristiane Backer... for some reason, I suddenly lost interest in HB when Vanessa Warwick took over.)

Bit distracted there.

Anyway, bought the album and didn't like anything else on it, nor anything I heard by them after that. Still love 'Hands All Over', but don't like this band at all.

Mmmm ... Kristiana Backer... for some reason, I suddenly lost interest in HB when Vanessa Warwick took over.

Wow, I remember she was hot... :guitbannana:

As for Soundgarden I liked their 'Badmotorfinger' album back then. Nice Black Sabbath inspired riffs. :tumbsup:

This is not surprising at all after ALICE IN CHAINS, CREED and PEARL JAM all made big comebacks (though I guess PJ never really went away) in 2009. Actually they all released pretty damn killer albums, so hopefully SOUNDGARDEN will do the same - anything to distract Cornell from his current career path into MOR territory (assume a Christmas album would've been next?)....

I have a doublepack of 'Bad Motorfinger' and 'Louder Than Love', although I very rarely play it. Both discs have a couple of good songs. 'Kickstand' and Black Hole Sun' off 'Superunknown' were ok tracks too. Apart from that, not too much interest from me, although I have heard alot worse stuff to be honest.

This is not surprising at all after ALICE IN CHAINS, CREED and PEARL JAM all made big comebacks (though I guess PJ never really went away) in 2009. Actually they all released pretty damn killer albums, so hopefully SOUNDGARDEN will do the same - anything to distract Cornell from his current career path into MOR territory (assume a Christmas album would've been next?)....

Backed on the AIC and Creed new discs, both are very good with the AIC being great IMO.

I haven't heard the new PJ but love their first two discs and have the two disc best of as well.