Stryper's Michael Sweet Marries Again...

T-BONE

WTF??? His wife passed away less than a year ago in a MUCH publicized battle with cancer, and this guy is already tying the knot again???

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=133302

STRYPER singer Michael Sweet — whose wife Kyle Rae Sweet passed away on March 5, 2009 after a two-year battle with ovarian cancer — has tied the knot again. Michael and his new wife Lisa were married on January 8, 2010 at a private ceremony with their families and closest friends by their side.

A photo of the happy couple can be viewed below.

In an October 2009 letter that was posted on Sweet's official web site, he wrote about finding love again, "Throughout the past twenty six years, I've always had a deep faith in God. I decided to commit my life to Him, and to honor and glorify Him in all that I do. There have been ups and downs, good times and bad times, and it hasn't always been an easy road, especially the past two years.

"When Kyle was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer, our family began grieving from that moment on. Although we tried to stay positive and faithful, there were many times that we questioned God and cried out 'why,' feeling as though it was some kind of nightmare that we couldn't wake from. I tried desperately to be strong and to be an example to my family and my friends and to be strong for Kyle, Michael [sweet's son] and Ellena [sweet's daughter].

"Miraculously, by the strength and grace that only God can give, I was able to keep it together and not fall completely apart. God has always shown me that no matter how hard it gets or how painful it can be, He is always in control and He has a plan for my life.

"I know this may come as a surprise to some of you, but I had to make a decision to live my life and move forward in it. I could have very easily drawn the shades and hidden from the world. Instead, God brought someone so perfect for me at the perfect time. I know Kyle would want me to be happy just as I would have wanted her to be, if it had been me who was called home. I hope and pray that all of you reading this can understand.

"It's been a witness for me to see how accepting and supportive Mikey and Lena have been. I'm amazed at how much grace they both possess and how much of an example of Christ they are and continue to be. Kyle essentially raised and educated Michael and Ellena and because of her sacrifice to do so and her gift of teaching, they are without question, the most incredibly smart and loving kids and I love them more than words can describe! I'm so proud to be their father.....

"As I mentioned in my last update, 'A New Chapter In My Life' (click here to read), I've been blessed with the opportunity to love again, unconditionally, without restraints, and to be loved in return the very same way.

"Although the past few years have been excruciatingly painful and trying, I feel as though I've been given a second chance at true love and to live life once again as it should be lived — happy, joyful and at peace. Most people are blessed in one lifetime with true love and I've been blessed twice and I continue to stand in awe of God's favor and God's hand upon my life.

"When you find someone that you can share your heart, mind and soul with and you long to share the rest of your life with, it cannot be planned or arranged, or forced in any way. It just happens — destiny unfolding right before your eyes and as a very dear friend of mine so recently said, 'God is playing Connect the Dots, and all the dots are connecting.'

"Lisa is a unique person in the sense that she has the ability to love and accept everyone, unconditionally, and without judgment. She is kind and caring and always puts the needs and feelings of others before her own. She reminds me constantly of why I'm here and what I'm here to do — to be a light and an encouragement to those around me and those I come in contact with.

"I have to admit that it's been easy at times for me to lose sight of what I do and to take this ministry that God has loaned to me for granted. Lisa keeps me grounded and always helps me to come back to the reality and importance of what I do. She is a gift from God and I need her in my life.

"I recently proposed to Lisa and she changed my life with one simple word — yes!

"I am pleased to announce our commitment to each other through matrimony. She is an angel and a Godsend and I look forward to a lifetime together."

I guess this is the devoted christianly way of a return to intercourse? A normal dude, I guess, would look at moving on a year later and slowly moving into some casual relationships... I guess... but to marry a year later? That's pretty crazy. One can only assume that because of his messed up devotion... uh, I mean deep devotion to the Lord Saviour and Holy Master Jesus Christ that he figured that in order to have acceptable sex again in the Lord's eyes he needed to be wed again? Yeah, harsh way to look at it but what else would explain getting married (not just being in a committed relationship) a year after your wife's death?

And with regard to the way this guy speaks about his relationship with God... seriously, are these types of christian still human or are they just empty shells? Very, very empty shells. With nothing going on in there.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw this on Blabbermouth yesterday and was thinking that was awful quick, but it's his life and if he found someone else then I wish all the luck in the world.

I don't know, I'm sure he has grieved long before his wife passed. maybe, just maybe he had a lot of the process happen to him while she was still alive. denial, anger, disbeleife and when she passed it was an ending to a long tourtous saga in his life. he and his wife may have discussed this very situation. I don't know but I bet if it had been a very sudden thing that she passed he couldn't have moved on this quick.

I guess this is the devoted christianly way of a return to intercourse? A normal dude, I guess, would look at moving on a year later and slowly moving into some casual relationships... I guess... but to marry a year later? That's pretty crazy. One can only assume that because of his messed up devotion... uh, I mean deep devotion to the Lord Saviour and Holy Master Jesus Christ that he figured that in order to have acceptable sex again in the Lord's eyes he needed to be wed again? Yeah, harsh way to look at it but what else would explain getting married (not just being in a committed relationship) a year after your wife's death?

And with regard to the way this guy speaks about his relationship with God... seriously, are these types of christian still human or are they just empty shells? Very, very empty shells. With nothing going on in there.

Oh geoff... geoff geffff. Not everythin in life revolves around the contents of pants. You cant seriously think he'd jump into this to get some hot christian piece of fluff. Give the guy some credit! If anything maybe its part of a healing process?? Im as surprised as anyone is, and have talked about it with other christian guys who are equally as surprised. However the simple fact is im not gonna try and understand it as i havnt lost a wife through a long battle with cancer. Remember he also has some teenage kids too ~ theyve lost a mother. This guy has pretty much opened up entirely to his fans over the past few years during Kyle's battle. Give the guy a break and let him have a chance of some normality and happiness in both his and his families life. Life works in mysterious ways.

Oh geoff... geoff geffff. Not everythin in life revolves around the contents of pants. You cant seriously think he'd jump into this to get some hot christian piece of fluff. Give the guy some credit! If anything maybe its part of a healing process?? Im as surprised as anyone is, and have talked about it with other christian guys who are equally as surprised. However the simple fact is im not gonna try and understand it as i havnt lost a wife through a long battle with cancer. Remember he also has some teenage kids too ~ theyve lost a mother. This guy has pretty much opened up entirely to his fans over the past few years during Kyle's battle. Give the guy a break and let him have a chance of some normality and happiness in both his and his families life. Life works in mysterious ways.

It's not my place to say for certain either way... I was just throwing a thought out there. It seems logical enough to me, though, if I try to delve into the christian mind. :lol: Why else bother getting married that quick rather than just taking the relationship as it comes? ;)

I am sure Michael cares little about what public opinion trolls say about his new marriage. It is his personal life and people should worry about their own.

Not if you're in the public eye, you can't have it both ways. I bet he'd love plenty of views/comments if he was trying to get PR for a new album....

I am sure Michael cares little about what public opinion trolls say about his new marriage. It is his personal life and people should worry about their own.

Not if you're in the public eye, you can't have it both ways. I bet he'd love plenty of views/comments if he was trying to get PR for a new album....

I said 'public opinion trolls'. There is a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Bassman

I didn't lose anyone beforehand so it's not quite the same, but my wife and I have been married for ten years and only dated 6 months. I wish them the best of luck.

• 8 years later...

I'm a new Stryper fan and see the great faith in Christ that Michael has through his music and his public testimony. Michael's former wife Kyle, who sadly passed away with Ovarian cancer seemed to be a great, loving woman of God and according to Michael, she was very sacrificial and caring and wanted to help everyone and everyone to be happy. I'm sure she'll be very happy to see him going on with his life with the new wonderful Christian woman. From a fellow musician and  Christian brother...God bless you always Michael in Jesus' Name.... Amen. 

Edited by Justac
Left out word
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Geoff and others who made their rude comments regarding Sweet's decision and even his faith, show their ignorance and blind walk in this experience. First off, Sweet has been married for years, while the rest of "entertainment world" change spouses like clothes.  What Geoff doesnt understand is that "playing a christian tradition" is not the same as "being a Christian" and walking the walk, and drudgery at times, of faith. His disgusting comments just reflects black metal.  Having enough love for another person and God, to make a vow "till death do is part" shows a man pursuing righteousness and integrity as well as proclaiming his commitment. How long have you or Your parents been married?.......

It's now 2021...is Sweet and Lisa still married......? Lol.