When will AC/DC ever come out with a Greatest Hits?

John Drake

They have always said that they will never do one, although I dare say when they finally hang up their boots for good, one will appear at some time.

Good on 'em, I say. As Jez says, maybe at the end of it all a 'Best of' is a good way to wrap it all up if you have a big discography like these guys, but our genre is far too clogged up with pointless 'Best of's and it's good to see at least one band refrain.

Good on 'em, I say. As Jez says, maybe at the end of it all a 'Best of' is a good way to wrap it all up if you have a big discography like these guys, but our genre is far too clogged up with pointless 'Best of's and it's good to see at least one band refrain.

Plus when everyone is readying their 'Best Of's..' for the christmas cash in market with hardly anything new to offer, bar the odd new song or two, the good old AC/DC boys release a stupendous box set of rare and unreleased material that is worthy your attention. Good on 'em.

i'd buy an ACDC greatest hits. It'd probably need to be a 3 discs set but it'd be great.

On the other end of the spectrum you have motley cure who seem to release a new greatest hits disc every blood year. Yeah, they're released another one!!! They have even out-pointed KISS on this one i reckon.

greatesthits2.jpg

1c_26.JPG

9880773.jpg

190300_1_f.jpg

MotleyCrueclassicCD.jpg

9d82_26.JPG

AC/DC did release the WHO MADE WHO compilation years back to tie in with the movie "Maximum Overdrive" -- but I guess that's technically not a "greatest hits," it's just some of Stephen King' (Maximum Overdrive writer/director)'s favorite tracks by the band (plus some new ones)...

they seem to relase a lot of rarities compilations and box sets, but no actual greatest hits packages.

...which is why their back catalog continues to sell so well. There aren't zillions of half-assed "greatest hits" packages of their stuff out there for casual fans to use as shortcuts. :lol:

they seem to relase a lot of rarities compilations and box sets, but no actual greatest hits packages.

...which is why their back catalog continues to sell so well. There aren't zillions of half-assed "greatest hits" packages of their stuff out there for casual fans to use as shortcuts. :lol:

smart marketing!

instead of selling 1 greatest hits package, they're betting on selling a number of different albums