Heaven Below - 'Countdown to devil'

Geoff

Hope I'm not out of place putting this in the hard rock category, but it is just a bit too close to call to not put here and doesn't deserve an 'other style' label (not that most those bands in that forum do). Some killer solos amongst some great songs... very well worth checking out.

Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/heavenbelowmusic

Promo video:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=61629165

Wow this is some kick ass hard rock. :headbanger: One of the band members looks like Adam Lambert and I went "Oh shit, another emo band from Geoff!!". Oh was I surprised. Nice find... :tumbsup:

Wow, nice find finally, lol. I may actually consider picking this one up. Definitely some rockin' stuff here. "Scream" and "A Thousand Years" really stood out for me. I loves me a thick meaty guitar sound.

Real nice! Not a day goes by where I'm not introduced to a new band by someone on this forum. I think talking about them in the Hard Rock section is more than appropriate Geoff.

Another spin... it's a good disc. The solo in the first song is a monster! Otherwise, I actually really like the 3 ballads - 'As daylight dies', 'The radio song' and 'Judgement day'. Man those three are excellent songs.

Very solid CD. Also, the vocals remind me a lot of Paul Laine.

I like it.....nice find......now I'll have to track it down...where did you pick your copy up from..???

Hey mate, this'd be your best bet:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/heavenbelow

I like it.....nice find......now I'll have to track it down...where did you pick your copy up from..???

Thanks for the link Geoff. I just placed my order for a copy. I'm really digging the samples I've been hearing. Looking forward to giving this a full spin. This is the main reason I check this board out. I'm always looking for the next cool band I may not know about.

Thanks for the link Geoff. I just placed my order for a copy. I'm really digging the samples I've been hearing. Looking forward to giving this a full spin. This is the main reason I check this board out. I'm always looking for the next cool band I may not know about.

No worries mate. :)

PS. I thought the main reason you came here was for the nude pics of me. :(

I just ordered it. The sound was to quote Geoff 'impressive'. I think it's the first time that I've ever ordered from CD Baby. A little pricey for shipping to Canada without the jewel case 5.11$, I charge 3.50$ when I sell without a jewel case to the States. Still the disc was 10$, can't complain about that price.

I just got this in the mail today from CD Baby. I haven't spun it yet to give a full verdict of the music, but I just wanted to let anybody interested in ordering it know that it appears to be another very well done CDR treatment. I know the purists out there might shun away from it now. It's very nicely done though with full glossy lyric booklet and everything. The only way to tell is the blue-tinged backside of the disc. Ok, back again soon with my worthless thoughts and opinions of the actual songs :)

Gave her a full spin last night and I really liked it. The first couple of tracks are solid warmup tracks and then they really started cooking when they hit "Scream". They were throwing down guitar licks and style like they had plenty to spare. By the time they ripped through "A Thousand Years", "Radio Song", "The Laughing Dead", and "Judgement Day", I knew we had something special here. This is an excellent chunk of modern melodic metal with plenty of attitude. Very nice recommendation from Geoff. This band manages to blend a thick, meaty guitar sound with very good melodic choruses still. Thumbs up from me anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my copy in the mail today. Brilliant!!! By far my fav Modernish Hard rock release of 2009, I still really love the Monty Are I, but very different in sound. Although it has lots of 80's hard rock all over the place, I'd still have to concider this one a modern rock thing.

Picture a blend of rockin' Hinder (although with much better vocals) slap on a ton of Endeverafter, add a good heep of grit à la Shinedown and The Story Of The Year. For the cherry on top add some George Lynch/Reb Beach styled shredding on the guitars. Some of the best solos of the year.

With some major label money added to the production this one would be HUGE!!!!

If you enjoy any of the bands mentioned in my description, buy this!!!! I got it from CD Baby.

Just bumping this thread.

come on guys who else has heard this?? This album rulz.

The only track i dont like is 'Major Tom' which sucks monkey dick, but the rest are ALL awesome. Nicely nestling in my top 10 MHR......no way is this modern. Just kick arse MHR.

Cheers

• 7 years later...

Sounding good.

616hfXreCmL._SS500.jpg

Tracks:

1. "All Rise" - 0:55
  2. "The Takeover" - 3:35
  3. "The Congregation" - 3:31
  4. "Scream" - 3:58
  5. "Heartbreak Anthem" - 2:50
  6. "A Thousand Years" - 4:03
  7. "When Daylight Dies" - 3:59