BON JOVI To Play London Residency At O2 Arena In 2010

Rockposer

Rock act BON JOVI are to join the likes of Prince and Britney Spears by playing a residency at the O2 Arena in London next year.

The band have not revealed the length of their run, but it is expected to rival the 21-date string of shows which Prince played in 2007. AEG Live promoter Rob Hallett said: "Bon Jovi are the best live band in the world. This one could run and run."

The residency starts in June next year and tickets go on sale on 30 October. The concerts will mark Bon Jovi's return to the London venue, after they opened it in 2007.

Mr Hallett said: "When Jon Bon Jovi opened the O2 with the words, 'Hello London, welcome to your new home', little did he realise that we were already plotting to make it his new home."

The gigs will be part of the group's Circle Tour, named after their forthcoming album. The band, led by Jon Bon Jovi, have sold 120 million albums around the world and performed more than 2,600 concerts.

Michael Jackson had been due to play a record-breaking run of 50 dates at the south east London venue, starting this summer, but died just days before the shows were due to begin.

AEG Live promoter Rob Hallett said: "Bon Jovi are the best live band in the world.

:wtf: You have got to be fuckin' kidding :tsk::bs:

AEG Live promoter Rob Hallett said: "Bon Jovi are the best live band in the world.

in the mid 80s they were close to.................not now.

last time i saw them at MK they sucked monkey balls................and the sound was shite.............as was the f golden circle.

If you only go see major/arena bands then this may be true. I mean, if you're comparing them to Def Leppard/Europe etc then it's not hard to be awesome is it? But their show is no more than a good/entertaining & workmanlike event, you hardly go home wishing they'd stayed on stage an extra hour & done a few more encores. When they finished, I was ready to go home. Very unlike a lot of other gigs I've been to....

last time i saw them at MK they sucked monkey balls................and the sound was shite.............as was the f golden circle.

I remember seeing them at MK and your right, they sucked.

At least they aknowledge their old-school fans live (playing lots of stuff from Slippery and New Jersey). Let me preface that by saying the last time I saw them live, anyway, which was about 4 years ago.

Who knows, Jon has a bitter look on his face now-a-days when asked about his 80's material, so it wouldn't surprise me if they pretended the first four albums never existed during their new tour and excluded them all-together (save for Wanted and Bad Name which if they didn't play the crowd might burn down the venue).

If you only go see major/arena bands then this may be true. I mean, if you're comparing them to Def Leppard/Europe etc then it's not hard to be awesome is it? But their show is no more than a good/entertaining & workmanlike event, you hardly go home wishing they'd stayed on stage an extra hour & done a few more encores. When they finished, I was ready to go home. Very unlike a lot of other gigs I've been to....

when i saw them (85/86) Hammy Odeon, I didnt want it end..........awesome show.

They pale now...........

I was gonna book a ticket yesterday, but after seeing the prices, I cant be arsed.

£600 for a vip ticket, that doesnt even include a meet and greet.

Floor seating (yes, seating) ranges from £75 to £200.

Middle tier is £65, and the fucking upper tier is £45.

These guys used to do shows at stadiums here around 15 years ago, with themselves and 3 other artists (often big names like Van Halen and Billy Idol) for £20-£25.

How the egos have grown.

I was gonna book a ticket yesterday, but after seeing the prices, I cant be arsed.

These guys used to do shows at stadiums here around 15 years ago, with themselves and 3 other artists (often big names like Van Halen and Billy Idol) for £20-£25.

How the egos have grown.

How much? Now that's what I call taking the piss!!

If Londoners ain't fookin' depressed already,this is the "musical" hosepipe that fits on their exhaust pipe...... :doh::crying:

Not going mate?. This will be your only chance to go to see something in London this year (not that you did last year either) :whistle:;)

If Londoners ain't fookin' depressed already,this is the "musical" hosepipe that fits on their exhaust pipe...... :doh::crying:

Not going mate?. This will be your only chance to go to see something in London this year (not that you did last year either) :whistle:;)

Go to London ?? And maybe miss the thrill-a-decade excitement that is Bonfor....er Fookin' Thetford !!!!!

How the egos have grown.

How much? Now that's what I call taking the piss!!

I thought it was taking the piss somewhat when they started doing all that platimum/gold/silver circle shit at gigs like Milton Keynes a few years ago, but I think you can at least semi-justify the £75 they were charging people to be closer to the stage at a huge stadium. How the fuck though can they justify £75-£200 for a seating gig at a smaller venue like the O2?

I go to the O2 to see WWE, and they charge £65 for front row tickets, and upper tier can be bought for £20-£30.

I can only assume that £200 is front row, which is bullshit.

I'd love to see them again, but I'll be fucked if I am paying prices like those.