Kick Axe - Vices and Welcome to the Club re-issues

Nick C

Folks,

I've noticed that a comapny called MNF have re-released the Kick Axe CD's Vices and Welcome to the Club for South America. Apparently according to the Kick Axe website they are legit releases....and a whole lot cheaper than picking up the Rewind ones.

Thing is I have never bought a CD manufactured in Brazil ( as far as I know).

Can anyone tell me what the quality of Brazilian pressings are like?

Cheers

Nubs to it! (Whatever that means!).

I've ordered them anyway, after a little investigation it seems MNF are a legit CD manufacturer / distributor over there and £6 or so per CD isn't gonna break the bank for two releases I've wanted on shiny disc for a few years now.

Axe Killer re-issued these a couple of years back, didn't they? I got them and if I recall correctly I sold them a few years later for a decent price, indicating they became obscure quite quickly?

Would be nice to include their cover of 30 DAYS IN THE HOLE from the UP THE CREEK movie... :headbanger:

Backed. Great cover. I'm assuming these Brazilian issues aren't including it either?

I wold love to hear that song...anyone know a good place to download the soundtrack (I'm assuming it's long out of print)?

I've never owned or heard a Kick Axe album. :anon:

They always been one of those bands that I just never got around to checking out.

That's a shame. You've got mail! :tumbsup:

Nick, I picked up the 'Vices' re-issue a couple of years ago when it first turned up. I thought it was a boot, but it's good quality. It fills a gap in the collection, put it that way.

Cheers for that....I don't think the MNF ones are boots....according to the band website they've got the rights for South America...........gringo! :lol:

I think 30 Days in the Hole was featured on one of the CD re-issues....was it on the rewind one?

• 7 years later...

Nick, I picked up the 'Vices' re-issue a couple of years ago when it first turned up. I thought it was a boot, but it's good quality. It fills a gap in the collection, put it that way.

Cheers for that....I don't think the MNF ones are boots....according to the band website they've got the rights for South America...........gringo! :lol:

I think 30 Days in the Hole was featured on one of the CD re-issues....was it on the rewind one?

The track '30 Days In The Hole' is on the Rock Candy reissue.

R-9468734-1481113742-8373.jpeg.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13hLR_m58tM

And the Rock Candy reissue of 'Welcome To The Club'.

R-9468774-1481114495-4845.jpeg.jpg

I find myself not really liking this band. I rated their albums as such;

1. Welcome To The Club - 1985 - 65%
2. Rock The World - 1986 - 52%
3. Vices - 1984 - 49%