New Fozzy track

Captain Howdy

Jeez, Jericho and his one trick gimmick keep cropping up every once in a while like a bad smell from the catbox in the laundry room. Are they still using the idiotic phony names a la "Mongoose McQueen", etc.? I can name a thousand or more acts I'd listen to before those clowns.

Point one, I dont get what the "one trick gimmick" is, seeing as Fozzy releasing a new CD is no different to any band releasing a new CD.

Point two, no they dont use the names anymore, and havent done for years, but to call people like Rich Ward & Andy Sneap, among others, 'clowns' is quite frankly laughable in my book.

Granted, Jericho isnt the greatest singer in the world, but he is certainly a lot better than a lot of big name metal singers, and you cannot fault the musicianship.

Point one, I dont get what the "one trick gimmick" is, seeing as Fozzy releasing a new CD is no different to any band releasing a new CD.

Point two, no they dont use the names anymore, and havent done for years, but to call people like Rich Ward & Andy Sneap, among others, 'clowns' is quite frankly laughable in my book.

Granted, Jericho isnt the greatest singer in the world, but he is certainly a lot better than a lot of big name metal singers, and you cannot fault the musicianship.

Backed on all counts.

I think Chris can sing his ass off and while I hated the whole back story and fake names I do feel like the orginal songs they do are very good especially the ones on the 'Happenstance' release. Plus they rocked the heck out of the covers they did on the first two discs. :headbanger:

Backed as well. And I didn't mind the fake names and story lines either. Why not have some fun. Spinal Tap, Steel Panther do it in their own way.

"Enemy" is a "favorite song" of mine not only by Fozzy but in general. The video is oddly appealing as well.

If rap metalers, start up a side project with a wrestler as their frontman, I call that a gimmick. I have no interest whatsoever, as the absurdity of the first release and its ridiculous, fabricated storyline, reeked of sillyness. Everyone else recorded their songs for some dumbass faux legal reasons, and they lost out on all the glory. Oh, tee hee. How hilarious. I watched about 5 minutes of the making of said nonsense, and it was barfable at best - especially the dolt, who wouldn't, or couldn't speak, as if he was raised by wolves or some such claptrap. If you have to invent a stupid back-story, it becomes a gimmick - and Spinal Tap had already done it first with much more intelligence. Praise it if you like; I'll continue to take a pass. No interest at all, and no need to attempt to sway me further. It's a dead horse to me.

SWEET!

They keep getting better and better with the originals and if Rich Ward isn't the most amazingly underrated guitarist around then I don't know who is. He kicks arse and get his solo release too!

Btw: all... wait ALL the Fozzy releases are musically superior to 98% of the drivle released now and certainly in the past! The covers they picked where great and could not have been done better.

And on this Martyr cut the solo by Annihilators Jeff Waters is nice...

Lastly, not to sway or add fuel to the debate, but who care's if Chris wrestled or the others were/are in Stuck Mojo (GREAT BAND BTW!!!) they are rockin' the house and doing it rather well... the logic is ilogical, I am certainly not going to hate, oh lets see, Queen cause Fred Mercury was gay or Panic cause Bramis sells real estate or Dokken cause Pilson was in the movie Rockstar...

Thanks for the link Cpt. H.

Terry, my thoughts exactly

SWEET!

They keep getting better and better with the originals and if Rich Ward isn't the most amazingly underrated guitarist around then I don't know who is. He kicks arse and get his solo release too!

Btw: all... wait ALL the Fozzy releases are musically superior to 98% of the drivle released now and certainly in the past! The covers they picked where great and could not have been done better.

And on this Martyr cut the solo by Annihilators Jeff Waters is nice...

Lastly, not to sway or add fuel to the debate, but who care's if Chris wrestled or the others were/are in Stuck Mojo (GREAT BAND BTW!!!) they are rockin' the house and doing it rather well... the logic is ilogical, I am certainly not going to hate, oh lets see, Queen cause Fred Mercury was gay or Panic cause Bramis sells real estate or Dokken cause Pilson was in the movie Rockstar...

Thanks for the link Cpt. H.

If rap metalers, start up a side project with a wrestler as their frontman, I call that a gimmick. I have no interest whatsoever, as the absurdity of the first release and its ridiculous, fabricated storyline, reeked of sillyness. Everyone else recorded their songs for some dumbass faux legal reasons, and they lost out on all the glory. Oh, tee hee. How hilarious. I watched about 5 minutes of the making of said nonsense, and it was barfable at best - especially the dolt, who wouldn't, or couldn't speak, as if he was raised by wolves or some such claptrap. If you have to invent a stupid back-story, it becomes a gimmick - and Spinal Tap had already done it first with much more intelligence. Praise it if you like; I'll continue to take a pass. No interest at all, and no need to attempt to sway me further. It's a dead horse to me.

I wasn't trying to sway you in any way. What you miss out on is your business. After reading your last post, is it the gimmick storyline that you can't stand, their music, or both? If it's their music, did you give them a chance on All That Remains? Sure, it's nothing groundbreaking but rarely anything is. But IMO it is very well done set of hard rockin' tunes. At the very least, if you could find it in your fingers to Google "Enemy" and watch the video (there is a story to the song/video)...IF you do that and can forgive them for playing cover tunes, being a wrestler, playing in another band before Fozzy, or starting out with a cheesy gimmick to get going then you might find something you could enjoy.

For my attempt to persuade you, just bring up Enemy, crank it, close your eyes, forget the gimmick from years ago, forget one of them is a wrestler, pretend it is a new band that someone just found as happens so often on this board, and see what you think. If you cannot do that, then what can I say, no biggie.

Point is, the gimmick was short lived, and once they realised people actually liked the band, it wasnt long before they dropped it.

Simple fact is, this band was born out of a love for old school rock and metal, with Stuck Mojo and Jericho teaming up just for a bit of fun, jamming in clubs etc, but then it grew out of that.

The initial comedy aspect of the band never should have affected the music anyway as their was no comedy lyrics on the album or funny skits etc.

On both of the first two albums, there were a lot of faithful covers, as well as some originals (To Kill A Stranger, is still my fave by them), that should appeal to anyone who likes classic hard rock and metal.

I said earlier that Chris' vocals are not the greatest ever, but he has improved immensely since the first album (both himself and Rich have both said that on the first album his vocals needed more work, but it was all a bit rushed, and they would love to go back and re-record the vocals).

All that remains was 100% originals, and was just as valid as a metal album, as any other band that has a passion for music, and goes out there to the clubs and puts on one hell of a fucking great metal show (I saw them a few years ago).

As has been said, who gives a shit what Jerichos day job is? I let the music do the talking, and so far they have not let me down.

I will be the first to admit that Stuck Mojo isnt really my sort of band, but I do like some of their stuff.

It was because of Fozzy that I decided to check them out, and while I am not about to buy their discography, I will admit that they are a top metal (not rap metal at all) band.

Rich though is something else.

The guy is an amazing guitarist, and as you say, totally overlooked most of the time.

His solo album was amazing as well, totally unexpected how mellow it was, but you can tell it was a true labour of love for him as the vocals just sound so personal.

Jericho is from Winnepeg Canada. And the same age as me. He attended all the concerts I did back in the day as he used to drive down from the North to Grand Forks, Bismark and Canada to see all the metal bands that came through. He and I have to get together one day and talk some metal. Seems like a good guy and I do like all the Fozzy albums thus far. This new one I don't believe will be an exception.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got this disc last weekend and it's pretty damn good.

There's lots of variety with many heavy songs mixed with a few melodic tunes.

Overall though this is the heaviest thing they've done and is getting better with each additional spin.

Not as good as 'Happenstance' IMO but still very good. :headbanger:

The new Fozzy disc is the first disc I have listened to by the band. I was very impressed with it. So, impressed I went and bought my own copy as well as the rest of the releases. I think Jericho has a pretty cool voice......and Rich, I have always liked this guitarest ever since I started to listening to Stuck Mojo...which is another great band. The music on the Fozzy disc is good driving music as well. I recommend this cd. To me, one of the best so far to come out this year. Just my opinion.

The new Fozzy disc is the first disc I have listened to by the band. I was very impressed with it. So, impressed I went and bought my own copy as well as the rest of the releases. I think Jericho has a pretty cool voice......and Rich, I have always liked this guitarest ever since I started to listening to Stuck Mojo...which is another great band. The music on the Fozzy disc is good driving music as well. I recommend this cd. To me, one of the best so far to come out this year. Just my opinion.

Stuck Mojo...only song I recall by them I believe the name is "Reborn" which I really liked. I may have to dig up some other samples.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I did a naughty naughty last night and downloaded it, but I do fully intend to buy it when I am once again gainfully employed.

Had an interview today, and am fairly hopeful that it will come through.

If so, I will be working again early next month.