Brother Firetribe - Wildest Dreams (Help with More Like This One, PLEA

gener8tr

OKAY, OKAY... I admit I'm one of those guys many of you hate because I think good music (for the most part) stopped being made December 31, 1989. Not that I don't own "some" new stuff, because I do, but mainly stuff that sounds like it could have been released in 1985 rather than 2005.

So, I just discovered Brother Firetribe and their EPIC track "Wildest Dreams." My God, this is so darn good it could easily make my Top 100 AOR songs of ALL-TIME (it really is that good).

Here's where I need your help, friends. I'm looking for more stuff like this. I'm one of those bombastic Melodic Rock / AOR lovers. Much more BLUE TEARS than BLUE VELVET... I love hooks, hooks and more hooks... guitars everywhere tumed WAY-UP, gang vocals and just the right amount of keys.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but think Brother Firetribe's "Wildest Dreams" and help me add some more stuff to my collection that I've mistakenly overlooked. Please stick to that formula... I'm not ready to go off the reservation and start listening to Puddle Of Mud (ever).

Thanks for the help!!!

You'll be lucky. That was the best track of last year by a country-mile, and is probably the best track of the decade so far IMO. Some people will respond to this thread with lists of songs that they think are as good, but just aren't. I could make a case for "A Scene In Replay" from the new PLACE VENDOME being almost as good, and maybe for songs like "I'm On Fire" or "One Single Breath" from the BFT debut being as good. But they're not. Maybe WORK OF ART got close too with a couple of tunes. "Higher & Higher" from the new CRASH THE SYSTEM album is also nearly as good.

However just deal with it. "Wildest Dreams" is just stunning and unrivaled.

Of all the members on this site, Tim, I find your tastes to be EXACTLY like mine and I agree with you on 99% of your posts.

That said... S++T, THAT SUCKS!

I was really hoping I'd discovered coal rather than a full-fledged diamond. I guess I should have trusted myself and knew "Wildest Dreams" was a bit of an anomoly... they just don't make songs like that one too often.

Thanks my friend, I guess I won't be able to quit playing Fortune's "Thrill Of It All" just yet.

Of all the members on this site, Tim, I find your tastes to be EXACTLY like mine and I agree with you on 99% of your posts.

I was really hoping I'd discovered coal rather than a full-fledged diamond. I guess I should have trusted myself and knew "Wildest Dreams" was a bit of an anomoly... they just don't make songs like that one too often.

Thanks my friend, I guess I won't be able to quit playing Fortune's "Thrill Of It All" just yet.

Well the new PLACE VENDOME is very very good (if you don't have it). You might also want to pre-order the W.E.T album with JSS on vocals as it sounds just like classic Journey to me. But whether you find anything on either as awesome as "Wildest Dreams" is debatable....

Well the new PLACE VENDOME is very very good (if you don't have it). You might also want to pre-order the W.E.T album with JSS on vocals as it sounds just like classic Journey to me. But whether you find anything on either as awesome as "Wildest Dreams" is debatable....

I dont even think that Wildest Dreams is the best song on the album :unsure:

& there are a couple on the debut better as well. Ho hum. Tastes eh??!

Definitely go for the WET album later in the year....the clip i posted in that thread sounded awesome and much better than 'Wildest Dreams'....if you like Journey that is..............

If youre including the mid to late 90s as well you could also try

Steelhouse Lane - Slaves To The New World

Metropolis - Power Of The Night

Hugo - s/t

All 3 are excellent.........

plus of course some recent Harem Scarem

'Higher' in particular might be your thing??

How about the debut from Pride Of Lions.........excellent AOR.

Cheers

You'll be lucky. That was the best track of last year by a country-mile, and is probably the best track of the decade so far IMO. Some people will respond to this thread with lists of songs that they think are as good, but just aren't. I could make a case for "A Scene In Replay" from the new PLACE VENDOME being almost as good, and maybe for songs like "I'm On Fire" or "One Single Breath" from the BFT debut being as good. But they're not. Maybe WORK OF ART got close too with a couple of tunes. "Higher & Higher" from the new CRASH THE SYSTEM album is also nearly as good.

However just deal with it. "Wildest Dreams" is just stunning and unrivaled.

Stop picking at my brain Tim!!!! Damn I could not agree more. Wildest Dream was by far the best track of 2008 and is certainly my fav track of the decade. And so far this year A Scene In Replay from Place Vendome is my fav track. The Work Of Art was my pick as the best release from 2008.

'Wildest dreams' was by far the best song off that album, just like 'One single breath' is off the debut. Both stunning songs.

I'd have to agree with Tim here in the Place Vendome recommendation. That CD has some killer classic melodic rock on it.

What about stuff from bands like Wig Wam? Do you like that? That's very 80's in style, and amazing. And I assume you have stuff like Blind Date - s/t, Rockarma - 'Bring it', Attraction - 'Get up n' shake' etc. which all could easily have been released in 1990?

Hugo - s/t

Cheers

I have all of the aforementioned titles, and those are GREAT choices. Pride Of Lions "Gone" is nothing short of FABULOUS," and the entire Metropolis CD kills!

I've never been much of a Harem Scarem fan outside their debut, and believe it or not, other than a sound bite I've never heard a Wig Wam or Poodles CD (I told you guys I'm old-school).

'Wildest dreams' was by far the best song off that album, just like 'One single breath' is off the debut. Both stunning songs.

I'd have to agree with Tim here in the Place Vendome recommendation. That CD has some killer classic melodic rock on it.

What about stuff from bands like Wig Wam? Do you like that? That's very 80's in style, and amazing. And I assume you have stuff like Blind Date - s/t, Rockarma - 'Bring it', Attraction - 'Get up n' shake' etc. which all could easily have been released in 1990?

Attraction is REALLY good, but I haven't heard Blind Date... I'll be sure to check it out.

Right now I'm playing Beau Coup - "Born & Raised On Rock 'N Roll." The title track is just about perfect.

Hugo - s/t

Cheers

I have all of the aforementioned titles, and those are GREAT choices. Pride Of Lions "Gone" is nothing short of FABULOUS," and the entire Metropolis CD kills!

I've never been much of a Harem Scarem fan outside their debut, and believe it or not, other than a sound bite I've never heard a Wig Wam or Poodles CD (I told you guys I'm old-school).

Yeah but for 80s styled killer MHR you should try the HEAT album....kills Wigwam and Poodles IMHO.

Actually, the best Brother Firetribe track to date (in my not-so-humble opinion) is this one. (It's a hi-res MP3, so it may take a while to download).

Really though, you can't ever go wrong with BF.

Even some of the funky remixes are cool... like this one.

-Dan

Can you provide a link to soundbites to HEAT and the new JSS track?

Thanks!!!

WET -

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21544

there are a couple of soundbite links - the 2nd is excellent (only short tho)

HEAT -

http://www.myspace.com/heatsweden

take a listen to the album preview or 'Straight For Your Heart' (excellent track!)

Cheers

Thanks for the links, guys!

i'll be interested in what you think of WET and HEAT.

Cheers

I spent some time with both W.E.T. tracks, and that one will be added to my collection FOR SURE. Very nice, although Soto's vocals aren't quite what they were when he was with Malmsteen some 25 years ago... but whose are? I can see myself playing this one a lot.

HEAT sounded good, but it's lacking a certain "something" for me (I can't quite explain it). Admittedly, however, I'm a picky SOB. Had this been released in 1987 I'd have been all over it, but I'm a little less "party" and a little more "structure" now. I like clean, crisp, highly polished stuff. Still, very good!

Thanks again for the links, and I'd very much appreciate more suggestions.

Cheers

I spent some time with both W.E.T. tracks, and that one will be added to my collection FOR SURE. Very nice, although Soto's vocals aren't quite what they were when he was with Malmsteen some 25 years ago... but whose are? I can see myself playing this one a lot.

HEAT sounded good, but it's lacking a certain "something" for me (I can't quite explain it). Admittedly, however, I'm a picky SOB. Had this been released in 1987 I'd have been all over it, but I'm a little less "party" and a little more "structure" now. I like clean, crisp, highly polished stuff. Still, very good!

Yeah I agree with you on both points. JSS is the wrong vocalist for W.E.T. The materials in a high-key and he struggles a bit. Tomas Vikstrom or Jim Jidhed should've sung it. That said, the 2 songs I've heard have been absolutely flawless.

The H.E.A.T disc has some great tracks for sure but is a little formulaic in places and certainly pales against the better Scandi releases from the 80's IMHO.

Cheers

Yeah I agree with you on both points. JSS is the wrong vocalist for W.E.T. The materials in a high-key and he struggles a bit. Tomas Vikstrom or Jim Jidhed should've sung it. That said, the 2 songs I've heard have been absolutely flawless.

The H.E.A.T disc has some great tracks for sure but is a little formulaic in places and certainly pales against the better Scandi releases from the 80's IMHO.

The WET preview over at melrock.com sounds awesome.....i see no problem with JSS vox. Cant wait!

OKAY, OKAY... I admit I'm one of those guys many of you hate because I think good music (for the most part) stopped being made December 31, 1989.

I agree!

Not that I don't own "some" new stuff, because I do, but mainly stuff that sounds like it could have been released in 1985 rather than 2005.

So, I just discovered Brother Firetribe and their EPIC track "Wildest Dreams." My God, this is so darn good it could easily make my Top 100 AOR songs of ALL-TIME (it really is that good).

Here's where I need your help, friends. I'm looking for more stuff like this. I'm one of those bombastic Melodic Rock / AOR lovers. Much more BLUE TEARS than BLUE VELVET... I love hooks, hooks and more hooks... guitars everywhere tumed WAY-UP, gang vocals and just the right amount of keys.

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but think Brother Firetribe's "Wildest Dreams" and help me add some more stuff to my collection that I've mistakenly overlooked. Please stick to that formula... I'm not ready to go off the reservation and start listening to Puddle Of Mud (ever).

Thanks for the help!!!