TV Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead

T-BONE

Hmmm....

TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead in Florida home

amd_billy-mays.jpg

Spirited TV pitchman Billy Mays was found dead at his Tampa home earlier this morning, police said.

Mays, 50, lent his trademark booming voice to infomercials for products like OxiClean and Orange Glo.

His wife, Deborah Mays, found him at their home Sunday morning, the Associated Press reported. Tampa police said there were no signs of a break in or foul play.

An autopsy will be done by Monday afternoon to determine the cause of death.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," Deborah Mays said in a statement. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Mays, who got his start peddling products to passersby on the Atlantic City Boardwalk, has plugged Mighty Putty, the Ding King dent repair kit, and, most recently, the website ESPN360.com

"With every product you see me on TV with, I've turned down 100, 150 more," Mays told the News earlier this month, while in New York for a look alike contest. "I've been on TV for 11 years, and all I have is my good name."

"I compare myself to a big-league slugger, a quarterback, the doctor who delivers the baby," he said. "I'm not an inventor, but I'll take your product to the next level."

It seems he hit his head yesterday during a rough landing on a flight when the front tires blew out.

If this is the cause of death and considering what happened to the Richardson actress and her head injury I guess the morale to the story would be if you have a head injury go to the hospital and get it checked out.

I actually was watching ESPN this morning when John Kruk, who it appeared didn't realize that they were back from commercial break, was looking to his right and said "Billy Mays is dead!". I wasn't sure if it was some kind of joke or not because once he realized they were on air starting talking about baseball.

Why it couldn't have been the Shamwow guy i'll never know! but I think its disgusting the way the whole world stopped when MJ died! it says a lot about america, a drug addict, pedophile singer, that screwed one of his best freinds over, is put upon a pedestal! its disgusting!

The first time I saw a Billy Mays commercial I thought to myself "this guy is never gonna make in the biz". How wrong was I?? Too bad it wasn't the "you're gonna love my nuts" guy instead.