Jewel cases v digipaks?

Jewel cases by a mile over digipaks. I buy a lot of used cd's, and unfortunately the people pawning their cd collections do not take care of their collection the same way you or I do. The digipaks are always damaged, bent, torn, insert (if there is one) usually missing. It's bad enough with cd's in jewel cases just hoping the inserts or cd's themselves are in decent condition. With digipaks it's much worse. On top of that, I store my cd's on shelves so I am always moving cd's down the line so to speak to make room for new ones. Obviously the constant shuffling of discs takes it's toll on a cardboard package over time. Of course some packages are very nice (Gotthard - Lipservice comes to mind), but even with the above average care I devote to my music collection even those show shelf wear. Very frustrating indeed for me.

I like Jewel Cases better. At least you can replace the spindle piece if the teeth crack. With Digipaks, you are screwed.

Digipaks are usually more expensive in manufacture pricing.

Some label distros want Digipak format for CDs that contain extra songs or they will not sell them.

I like Jewel Cases better. At least you can replace the spindle piece if the teeth crack. With Digipaks, you are screwed.

Digipaks are usually more expensive in manufacture pricing.

Some label distros want Digipak format for CDs that contain extra songs or they will not sell them.

It's weird if digipak is more expensive why do they bother ? is it because just some distros won't sell ? and i don't understand, why distros want digipak format ? can you share some lights on this ?

It's weird if digipak is more expensive why do they bother ? is it because just some distros won't sell ? and i don't understand, why distros want digipak format ? can you share some lights on this ?

Because Digipak is the 'IN' thing and 'supposedly' a 'Green' product. (They will save the Earth... You have to pretend the world is complying with all GREEN laws and no environmental law breakers exist.... :screwy: ).

Some distros want Digipaks for the extended versions of an album. The album can be in a jewel case in its original format but if you want to add extra songs for the same release as a Japan Version/ European Version, then some distros want those versions to be in Digipak form.

Most Digipak's are priced higher to produce. It is the "It's a GREEN product so we can charge more money to produce them." mentality.... but people want to fit in the trend so choose them. Just as people always want to be on iTunes to fit the trend even if APPLE takes roughly 30% off the top of each purchase before everyone else gets their cut.