Sweden Rock Festival

Kim_Hp

Tomorrow I'm leavin' for Sweden Rock Festival, one of the biggest rock festivals in europe. Awesome line-up this year, as usual, although I was a bit dissapointed with In Flames as one of the headliners (usually only classic bands headline the festival). Some of the bands playing are:

Heaven & Hell

Twisted Sister

ZZ Top

Journey

Motörhead

Foreigner

The Tubes

Uriah Heep

Europe

Volbeat

Over The Rainbow (w/ Joe Lynn Turner)

Hammerfall

Lita Ford

Marillion

Blackfoot

Rage

Tyketto

H.E.A.T.

UFO

...to name a few.

Being an AOR fanatic, my essential gigs will of course be Foreigner, Journey and The Tubes but I hope to catch most of the bands above too. I will also attend record signings by Foreigner and Europe.

This is a killer festival and it's my sixth visit this year. It's known for being a friendly festival with very little to do for the police. If you are a CD collector you've also come to the right place because there are many record sellers and you can do great bargains there.

For more info go to www.swedenrock.com

Tomorrow I'm leavin' for Sweden Rock Festival, one of the biggest rock festivals in europe. Awesome line-up this year, as usual, although I was a bit dissapointed with In Flames as one of the headliners (usually only classic bands headline the festival). Some of the bands playing are:

Heaven & Hell

Twisted Sister

ZZ Top

Journey

Motörhead

Foreigner

The Tubes

Uriah Heep

Europe

Volbeat

Hammerfall

Lita Ford

Marillion

Blackfoot

Rage

Tyketto

H.E.A.T.

UFO

...to name a few.

Being an AOR fanatic, my essential gigs will of course be Foreigner, Journey and The Tubes but I hope to catch most of the bands above too. I will also attend record signings by Foreigner and Europe.

This is a killer festival and it's my sixth visit this year. It's known for being a friendly festival with very little to do for the police. If you are a CD collector you've also come to the right place because there are many record sellers and you can do great bargains there.

So I'm an AOR fan too, but I have to say that IN FLAMES are the best live band on that bill (they are killer live). Though I haven't seen JOURNEY with this new line-up, expect Pineda is a pretty great frontman. I saw FOREIGNER a couple of years back and it was horrible...

Heaven & Hell

Twisted Sister

ZZ Top

Journey

Motörhead

Foreigner

The Tubes

Uriah Heep

Europe

Volbeat

Hammerfall

Lita Ford

Marillion

Blackfoot

Rage

Tyketto

H.E.A.T.

UFO

...to name a few.

So I'm an AOR fan too, but I have to say that IN FLAMES are the best live band on that bill (they are killer live). Though I haven't seen JOURNEY with this new line-up, expect Pineda is a pretty great frontman. I saw FOREIGNER a couple of years back and it was horrible...

Yeah your probably right Tim. Will be intresting to see what In Flames has to offer, although from a sheer musicstandpoint I'm not that intrested - i think it's the vocals that annoy me...

Hope all those going have a great time. Some brilliant bands on the line up. Wish I could be at this one.

Heaven & Hell

Twisted Sister

ZZ Top

Journey

Motörhead

Foreigner

The Tubes

Uriah Heep

Europe

Volbeat

Hammerfall

Lita Ford

Marillion

Blackfoot

Rage

Tyketto

H.E.A.T.

UFO

...to name a few.

I know you'll laugh at me but HEAT are one of the best bands on that bill and they absolutely kill....I MEAN KILL....live.

Journey will be awesome tho and wouldnt mind seeing H&H and Rainbow with JLT.

Danny V is a guaranteed great set & performance too.

I know you'll laugh at me but HEAT are one of the best bands on that bill and they absolutely kill....I MEAN KILL....live.

No laughing here. From that bill, HEAT are far and away the band I'd want to see most.

Well back again since a few days i have to say it was a good festival, despite the sometimes cold and rainy weather.

Foreigner KILLED live, one of the best performances together with The Tubes, Journey, and H.e.a.t. Unfortunately i didn't catch the whole show from any of the headlining bands but i heard Twisted Sister did a good show. To the others who went, what were some of your highlights?

Guest thescarecrow
Well back again since a few days i have to say it was a good festival, despite the sometimes cold and rainy weather.

Foreigner KILLED live, one of the best performances together with The Tubes, Journey, and H.e.a.t. Unfortunately i didn't catch the whole show from any of the headlining bands but i heard Twisted Sister did a good show. To the others who went, what were some of your highlights?

Too bad you missed Tyketto and Heaven & Hell, darling, they both did really good shows ;) But I must say that Lita Ford was far worse than I expected and did a really terrible gig..the sound was awful and she didn't look happy at all. My highlight for my sixth year at Sweden Rock Festival was probably Rob Rock's falsetto..gave me goose bumps! :) Hope the weather will be better next year so that one can show some more skin ;) "Puss på dig min älskade Kim-pim" :*

Too bad you missed Tyketto and Heaven & Hell, darling, they both did really good shows ;) But I must say that Lita Ford was far worse than I expected and did a really terrible gig..the sound was awful and she didn't look happy at all. My highlight for my sixth year at Sweden Rock Festival was probably Rob Rock's falsetto..gave me goose bumps! :) Hope the weather will be better next year so that one can show some more skin ;) "Puss på dig min älskade Kim-pim" :*

I don't regret missing Heaven & Hell because then i would have froze my ass off :)

Yes, Lita Ford was terrible by all means. Bad sound and uninspired performance. Rob Rock rocks!!!

Haha puss på dei med busfrö:)

:guitbannana::guitbannana::guitbannana:

Guest thescarecrow

I don't regret missing Heaven & Hell because then i would have froze my ass off :)

Yes, Lita Ford was terrible by all means. Bad sound and uninspired performance. Rob Rock rocks!!!

Haha puss på dei med busfrö:)

:guitbannana::guitbannana::guitbannana:

Did I freeze my ass off? ;) No, I didn't, but that's because I'm a "viking" you know...you listen to too much AOR, sweetheart, it makes you weak ;) No, I'm just joking..but next year you are more than welcome to warm me while I'm enjoying my slightly heavier bands :) "hu fan får en te sönna där banauner?" :D

My highlights were Journey (the reason, why I went the festival), Foreigner (they really rocks!), H.E.A.T. and Tyketto. Other bands, what I saw on live: Over The Rainbow, Seventh Wonder, Europe, Lita Ford, Marillion, Impellitteri, Kamelot and Dream Theater

• 1 month later...

My highlight was In Flames whio did a great performance as usual. Europe did a great gig as well. It was also good to see that Tony Moore from Riot sang his socks off and hit the high notes of Thundersteel. Looking already forward to next year, I can't wait.