Queen pondering "Idol's" Lambert as frontman

T-BONE

I'm glad Rodgers is out - this band need to get someone relevant to sing so they can pick up a new audience. Lambert would be exatly the right pick IMO. Over here we get American Idol later than you guys but I can't believe you picked that dull Kris Allen guy to win (his performance singing "No Boundaries" was painful - much too high a key for him) when the 2nd and 3rd contestants were so awesome. Lambert has an incredible range IMO, he embarrased KISS (who were terrible) and showed awesome stage presence with Brian May and would fit QUEEN perfectly.

Still think they guy who came 3rd (performed with Lionel Ritchie) should've won...

Don't you live in England? how the hell do all you guys in different countrys get to see American tv? we can't watch british and aussie tv over hear, that I know of, what gives?

We get some of your primetime stuff. I wouldn't complain that you don't get to see any of our shows - or stuff from Oz - most of it is terrible. I think we get American Idol a couple of days after you see it, as I read who had won in the newspaper the day before I watched the show!

Most of the US shows air on Sky One or some other sat channel a few months after theyve run in the US.

BG, 24, Idol, Dexter, The Unit etc etc

I'm glad Rodgers is out - this band need to get someone relevant to sing so they can pick up a new audience. Lambert would be exatly the right pick IMO. Over here we get American Idol later than you guys but I can't believe you picked that dull Kris Allen guy to win (his performance singing "No Boundaries" was painful - much too high a key for him) when the 2nd and 3rd contestants were so awesome. Lambert has an incredible range IMO, he embarrased KISS (who were terrible) and showed awesome stage presence with Brian May and would fit QUEEN perfectly.

Still think they guy who came 3rd (performed with Lionel Ritchie) should've won...

Don't you live in England? how the hell do all you guys in different countrys get to see American tv? we can't watch british and aussie tv over hear, that I know of, what gives?

Cause basically the American tv execs dont think the American public will understand British tv shows, which is why they insist on remaking them (Life on Mars, The Office etc).

You do actually have access to a lot of Brit shows anyway.

I know Doctor Who is shown on sci-fi and that you have a channel called BBC America.

But are Dr.Who, Mr.Bean, etc. the primetime British shows, they are on PBS and a few others, but don't they have any like Human themed shows with hot bitches? those shows on PBS seem like old people tv shows, one of my favorite shows of all time I believe was british, Trigger Happy TV! now that was a show that used to have me rolling!!!!

Yeah, sure - Queen should hire some karaoke twit, who hasn't paid his dues. It would just make them the latest in a lengthening line of media whores trying to revive a career killed by the untimely death, or departure of their frontman. Why not? In this day and age where the almighty buck rules, it's considered noble to piss all over the legacy of a band by bringing in a replacement to wring as much money as possible out of a very gullible public. Queen should have died with Freddie; Thin Lizzy should never have been resurrected without Phil, INXS should have called it a day when Hutchence died, etc. etc. etc. Here's an idea no one has apparently thought of yet - why not put together a working, recording band of Idol contestants, writing and releasing original material? Oh, yeah - I almost forgot - they can't. Karaoke singers are the lowest common denominator on the creativity scale - although I'm certain there are plenty of fools, who would lap it up regardless of how rancid the odor emanating from it is. Spin, Freddie, spin.

• 7 years later...

Does anyone have any of the songs that Queen+John Farnham did a few years back?

They rleased the songs? I've never even fuckin heard them, what were they released on?

I know they at least did a remake of We Will rock you...and ive seen promo cds go for heaps on ebay... but dont think anything was ever officially released

I gottta admit Lambert is doing an outstanding job touring with Queen.

He's great, certainly no Freddie, but a great showman with good charisma. Personally I think the Queen name should be put to bed now, but if they have to carry on, then they could choose a worse person

And he does love the schlong too. Oh no you did not. But I did. Anyway, I hate Queen and have never even heard him with Queen, but there's something I like about this guy too. I don't need to see or hear them to appreciate he would be doing well with this gig.