Arcade - A/2

Jeff

I found Arcade's A/2 in a used bin a few weeks back. Never owned it so I grabbed for the $4.

I've listened to this 2 times now front to back and I cannot find one tune I would rip to my PC. I usually find at least one song on even the most uninteresting cd's that I'll rip to the PC.

Anyone got any suggestions on some tunes I should give a 3rd or 4th chance? Judging by the messages on the HH main site, I'm guessing not, but I thought I would try before I shelve this one.

On the flip side I did find a somewhat unique promo cd of Arcade's first CD. It contains all the first cd's songs, same order just different artwork for the back insert and on the cd itself. The front does not contain an insert but instead they used a white paint to spray that big white "A" on the jewel case...same white "A" you see on the back insert of the store copy disc.

I have taken the advice of others about steering clear of A2 and you have just reassured me that I made the right decision.

That promo copy you found of the first disc sounds pretty cool though! :tumbsup:

I remember there being a decent ballad on there. Then again, the fact that I can't remember the name of it should tell you something. I do remember hating this CD, giving it another chance years later and liking the ballad.

I remember there being a decent ballad on there. Then again, the fact that I can't remember the name of it should tell you something. I do remember hating this CD, giving it another chance years later and liking the ballad.

That song, and the only song I was going to mention is 'When I'm Gone'. I had that one ripped onto my Gigabeat but I got rid of it last time I culled some songs and sold the CD not long ago.

'When I'm Gone' has a pretty cool chorus, but the lyrics are just pathetic and it doesn't hold up to repeated listens. Bad, bad CD.

That song, and the only song I was going to mention is 'When I'm Gone'. I had that one ripped onto my Gigabeat but I got rid of it last time I culled some songs and sold the CD not long ago.

'When I'm Gone' has a pretty cool chorus, but the lyrics are just pathetic and it doesn't hold up to repeated listens. Bad, bad CD.

That's funny, when Tytan3k mentioned a decent balland I thought, I don't remember a ballad.

Then Geoff mentions it had "bad lyrics" and then I remembered hitting the fast forward to the next track each time because I thought the opening lyrics were so bad I would never like that song no matter what, so I never finished it through. For those interested what those lyrics were:

I thought I heard you in the rain

The other night when I was away (Ok, fine that's cool)

Through the window and in the dark

Just you and me...in the park (and then I hit the FF button)

Maybe I'll try Tytan3k's trick of giving it another chance in a few years.

Oh, and another tidbit about the promo cd is it is actually called "Nothing To Lose". So instead of just saying Arcade on the thin side of the back insert it says "Arcade Nothing To Lose". Makes me wonder since this CD has all the songs if at one point they were going to call the CD Nothing To Lose instead of just being self titled. Something else we may never know.

That's funny, when Tytan3k mentioned a decent balland I thought, I don't remember a ballad.

Then Geoff mentions it had "bad lyrics" and then I remembered hitting the fast forward to the next track each time because I thought the opening lyrics were so bad I would never like that song no matter what, so I never finished it through. For those interested what those lyrics were:

HAHA!! That's the one. Truly dreadful. :lol:

:blink:

Anyone here who was a fan of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. series would agree that even Phoebe came up with better lyrics than that. :lol:

A/2 was the best cd they released...even better than the debut.

Never thought I'd ever hear anyone say this.....other than me.

I actually bought this one before the debut so had no preconceptions of what to expect, and loved it.

The opening track, Angry is an absolute monster.

I can honestly say, there is not a bad song on this album!

A/2 was the best cd they released...even better than the debut.

Never thought I'd ever hear anyone say this.....other than me.

I actually bought this one before the debut so had no preconceptions of what to expect, and loved it.

The opening track, Angry is an absolute monster.

I can honestly say, there is not a bad song on this album!

I love this cd too, not as much as the debut, but I still think it's a great album.

Sure it's "grungier" and "heavier" but it's still badass IMO. :headbanger: